There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary Quote

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by stormman:
"I like it when it works, and when it doesn't, you go, 'Whoa,' " Singletary said. "It's just a matter of continuing to work with Troy right now and try to weed out all the bad habits we can."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/11/18/SPAK1GE6ED.DTL#ixzz15lM7GFOS

Translation: We are gonna to make an Alex outta Troy!

Maybe Troy should just need to roll right and throw out of bounce on the 3rd and 4th down on the last drive in the ram game, just to make the head coach feels more comfortable.

So Troy doesn't need any coaching?

not from Ding.
I don't even think he is coaching the team. That's why I see so many damn penalties. He is just going through the motions and the players are just playing. To me its a huge unorganized mess. It sucks. I'm pissed b/c I have hope and I will probably be let down.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
why are we talking about a coach whos getting fired? cares...

Because his stupidity is just amazing.
I Wonder if Sing is smart enuf to know that we will be canned eventually
One thing that Sing can surely instill in Troy is to go out and hit em in the mouth!
Originally posted by sixbricks:

This is very deep. Eventually we all get canned.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Quote:
I don't even think he is coaching the team. That's why I see so many damn penalties. He is just going through the motions and the players are just playing. To me its a huge unorganized mess.
It sucks. I'm pissed b/c I have hope and I will probably be let down.

Exactly this team lacks discipline. If it wasn't for so many costly penalties vs the Rams that game wouldn't have even been close or required OT.

Yup canned in the game of life.

I mean from now until then end of 2010 season

his body language during interviews seems like he knows
You failed to read some additional articles, as Singletary isn't the only opinion that matters. How bout that OC (see below)?

"The one thing I want to do is encourage his daring," he said. "I want to encourage the stuff he has inside and allow that to come out without stifling it." Still, Johnson noted there were some bad plays that Smith has made that, to this point, he has gotten away with. Johnson pointed to a play in the fourth quarter when Smith, under pressure, threw a pass that luckily hit the ground before it reached two Rams defenders."

Said Johnson: "That's what I think coach Singletary is referring to - making sure that when you are pushing the envelope so to speak and you're being aggressive, that you don't take away from the big focus, which is making sure we take care of the ball."

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/11/it-takes-a-vill.html

The old problem with Alex is that he didn't even try, and when he did (thinking 100% open) he may still not make the right throw. Now Troy is taking chances and making the throws at the same time. He may make some mistakes in upcoming games, but so far the positives outweigh the negatives.

He still has a puncher's chance at keeping his job. Young Jed wont fire him if he some how miraculously gets into the playoffs.
Originally posted by susweel:

He still has a puncher's chance at keeping his job. Young Jed wont fire him if he some how miraculously gets into the playoffs.

I think he knows. He's just going through the motions. Whenever he speaks you can tell. He looks like he doesn't care. It's no wonder we're unorganized, the players are coaching them selves.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by stormman:
"I like it when it works, and when it doesn't, you go, 'Whoa,' " Singletary said. "It's just a matter of continuing to work with Troy right now and try to weed out all the bad habits we can."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/11/18/SPAK1GE6ED.DTL#ixzz15lM7GFOS

Translation: We are gonna to make an Alex outta Troy!

Maybe Troy should just need to roll right and throw out of bounce on the 3rd and 4th down on the last drive in the ram game, just to make the head coach feels more comfortable.

So Troy doesn't need any coaching?

not from Ding.

NOBODY needs coaching from Ding.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by susweel:

I think he knows. He's just going through the motions. Whenever he speaks you can tell. He looks like he doesn't care. It's no wonder we're unorganized, the players are coaching them selves.

I dont think Sing is wired that way. These guys who are strong in their convictions will go all out until the cows come home. I dont see him just half assing it, his players may be tired of motivational speeches but I still think Sing is giving 100% effort.