LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Singletary Quote

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont know if you guys caught it, but last night during the game a singletary interview was given and he said the following.

"Vernon now is walking with the swagger and the confidence that says "I know I belong" instead of trying to convince himself and convince others. I told him, do this over here, and I promise it will find you. Greatness finds you. You do what you can really well, and you wont have to chase it, it will come to you"

I was like...That's preach man!!
Very nice! Let's hope Vernon keeps stepping up & playing well.
I like how Sing has really taken Vernon under his wing, maybe Vernon is just lacking a male role model in his life. Sing sure does have some good things to say, no BS like Nolan would always feed us.

I mean, we won, but in the postgame show, he was still dissappointed, it seemed that way anyways...
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I dont know if you guys caught it, but last night during the game a singletary interview was given and he said the following.

"Vernon now is walking with the swagger and the confidence that says "I know I belong" instead of trying to convince himself and convince others. I told him, do this over here, and I promise it will find you. Greatness finds you. You do what you can really well, and you wont have to chase it, it will come to you"

I was like...That's preach man!!

Heard it and agree.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I like how Sing has really taken Vernon under his wing, maybe Vernon is just lacking a male role model in his life. Sing sure does have some good things to say, no BS like Nolan would always feed us.

I mean, we won, but in the postgame show, he was still dissappointed, it seemed that way anyways...

I think he wants perfection which is good. I think he'd be happy if we improved each game until we play the Cards
I think Coach Sing will be very effective in helping Vernon because he has covered some of the greater TEs of his time. So he knows how he used to get beat and what worked against him, and can translate that into his coaching for Davis and Walker
Originally posted by alwayzA9er:
I think Coach Sing will be very effective in helping Vernon because he has covered some of the greater TEs of his time. So he knows how he used to get beat and what worked against him, and can translate that into his coaching for Davis and Walker

very good point. i think he is the father figure this young team needs.
Originally posted by teeohh:

I think he wants perfection which is good. I think he'd be happy if we improved each game until we play the Cards
I really can't stand the cards, so i hope we are on our game, and punch them in the mouth.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by teeohh:

I really can't stand the cards, so i hope we are on our game, and punch them in the mouth.

word. i hope they get a heavy dose of Vernon Davis, Morgan, Gore and Patrick Willis
Vernon Davis' story

he comes from an area where poverty and crime flourish. Had no father figure growing up. I think that Vernon yearns for someone to discipline him. I think he sees that in Singletary.

Davis had one of the best games I can remember even if it was only preseason. He definitely had the swagger and seemed full of confidence, not made up, but real confidence. I'm really looking forward to what he brings this season. I think coach Sing is the best thing that has happened to him in his football career.

LB
Singletary is the best thing that could have happened to this team at the point we hired him.He will not tolerate nonsense or lack of effort,that will transpose itself into the psyche of this team and we will be a tough team to beat.
"I like it when it works, and when it doesn't, you go, 'Whoa,' " Singletary said. "It's just a matter of continuing to work with Troy right now and try to weed out all the bad habits we can."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/11/18/SPAK1GE6ED.DTL#ixzz15lM7GFOS

Translation: We are gonna to make an Alex outta Troy!

Maybe Troy should just need to roll right and throw out of bounce on the 3rd and 4th down on the last drive in the ram game, just to make the head coach feels more comfortable.
why are we talking about a coach whos getting fired? cares...
Originally posted by stormman:
"I like it when it works, and when it doesn't, you go, 'Whoa,' " Singletary said. "It's just a matter of continuing to work with Troy right now and try to weed out all the bad habits we can."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/11/18/SPAK1GE6ED.DTL#ixzz15lM7GFOS

Translation: We are gonna to make an Alex outta Troy!

Maybe Troy should just need to roll right and throw out of bounce on the 3rd and 4th down on the last drive in the ram game, just to make the head coach feels more comfortable.

So Troy doesn't need any coaching?
Share 49ersWebzone