There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Special Teams

Something isn't clicking to me, we are giving up waaaaaaay to much yardage every punt and kick off. If memory serves right we had the same issue last year. All special teams aces were playing tonight so I'm not sure what excuse we can use for this. Something needs to change soon or every team will start with great field position.
Robinson was out, so that didn't help (he's one of our best ST players).
  • 49ersNorcal
  • Info N/A
Zak Keasey got hurt thats what I noticed about the special team coverage tonight.
For whatever reason you want to assign it was a disappointment.
We lost Killa Keith and he was always in someones face. That loss is more significant than anyone realizes. Ulbrich may be the special teams captain, but to me Lewis was the MVP of our special teams.
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for nvninerfan1.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
We lost Killa Keith and he was always in someones face. That loss is more significant than anyone realizes. Ulbrich may be the special teams captain, but to me Lewis was the MVP of our special teams.


And a complete liability if you let him on the field for anything but STs.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
For whatever reason you want to assign it was a disappointment.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Something isn't clicking to me, we are giving up waaaaaaay to much yardage every punt and kick off. If memory serves right we had the same issue last year. All special teams aces were playing tonight so I'm not sure what excuse we can use for this. Something needs to change soon or every team will start with great field position.


Pretty much what I noticed too.
are you guys happy with out kick/punt returner Rossum
If not who on the team do you suggest?
Originally posted by valrod33:
are you guys happy with out kick/punt returner Rossum
If not who on the team do you suggest?

I think we should let Crabtree do it!
Originally posted by valrod33:
are you guys happy with out kick/punt returner Rossum
If not who on the team do you suggest?

This has been talked about in another thread.... Lock it!





Just Kidding
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
are you guys happy with out kick/punt returner Rossum
If not who on the team do you suggest?

I think we should let Crabtree do it!

Right. Hasn't signed yet, hasn't returned punts and kicks on a regular basis since high school and missed all of training camp.

If he does even sign, he'll be inactive for at least three weeks.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
are you guys happy with out kick/punt returner Rossum
If not who on the team do you suggest?

I think we should let Crabtree do it!

dont worry when he signs he will...jk
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
are you guys happy with out kick/punt returner Rossum
If not who on the team do you suggest?

I think we should let Crabtree do it!

Right. Hasn't signed yet, hasn't returned punts and kicks on a regular basis since high school and missed all of training camp.

If he does even sign, he'll be inactive for at least three weeks.

Crabtree can do all. In fact he is playing on tv right now!
Originally posted by valrod33:
are you guys happy with out kick/punt returner Rossum
If not who on the team do you suggest?

Rossum is still a very solid return guy. I think the implement of a new special team rule regarding wedges will effect returns throughout the leauge.