There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does anyone know anyone who can help our troops in Vallejo?

Originally posted by global_nomad:
My parents just moved to Saudi Arabia on Monday and my dad is waiting for ESPN America to get hooked up: http://www.espnamerica.com/portal/systemcontent/howtoget::zz3

I know that they will cover MNF, and from my experience with Armed Forces TV overseas they do cover most SNF and MNF.

Another thing you can do is someone can chip in for a sling box if they have a strong internet connection.

or justintv.com/sports

or sticktv.net

Depending where they are, they may have intermittent internet connectivity, and even if they have it , it could be the military network that blocks streaming video.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
My parents just moved to Saudi Arabia on Monday and my dad is waiting for ESPN America to get hooked up: http://www.espnamerica.com/portal/systemcontent/howtoget::zz3

I know that they will cover MNF, and from my experience with Armed Forces TV overseas they do cover most SNF and MNF.

Another thing you can do is someone can chip in for a sling box if they have a strong internet connection.

or justintv.com/sports

or sticktv.net

Depending where they are, they may have intermittent internet connectivity, and even if they have it , it could be the military network that blocks streaming video.

yeah the network my parents got on (which isn't military related) asks them not to stream, but they are going to get their own DSL. Its nice to skype with them but they can't really stream live through their web browser. I'm just saying the internet offers the best chance to watch the game live.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Aug 14, 2009 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Probably would have to send that email to the teanm's public relations office nd hope they take some action.

To Reach the General Operator during Normal Business Hours…
Call: (408) 562-4949

Probably would have to send that email to the teanm's public relations office nd hope they take some action.

Hmmm..maybe I need to give this # a call..........

What are you trying to say Kid?

By the way, I just spoke with my sales rep at 49er HQ who referred me to the right person who takes care of military requests.

I sent the info to Matt. Hopefully, they will take care of Major Hogan and his squad.

They
Originally posted by ninertico:
By the way, I just spoke with my sales rep at 49er HQ who referred me to the right person who takes care of military requests.

I sent the info to Matt. Hopefully, they will take care of Major Hogan and his squad.

They

kiss ass
Originally posted by valrod33:

They

kiss ass

webzone power right there.
I'm a film editor so I know lots of people who are capable of doing it. I passed that letter along to some friends. Hopefully they will have the time to do it. If I had the time, I would do it for free. Support the troops!
Vallejo native here!

I just read an article that Jahvid Best's family lives in Vallejo, and that Jahvid trains by running up the steep hills of Georgia St. I remember having to run those hills during "hell week" at wrestling practice!
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
I'm a film editor so I know lots of people who are capable of doing it. I passed that letter along to some friends. Hopefully they will have the time to do it. If I had the time, I would do it for free. Support the troops!

so the burrito smuggling is just a side gig?
Originally posted by valrod33:

They

kiss ass

You got a tissue? I got some brown on my nose...

I'd do it again in a snap for the troops!
[ Edited by ninertico on Aug 14, 2009 at 11:13 AM ]

or justintv.com/sports

or sticktv.net

Dude tell your parents they can have Orbit Dish , they can see all the US shows but you have to pay like cable here ! in Saudi !!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by cNiner on Aug 14, 2009 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by boomer49er:
They could sign up for NFL rewind, get every game of the season on the internet for $40. ONly catch is that the games aren't available live, but if they are willing to wait on someone from the 49ers to send them teh games on DVD, I'm sure they wouldn't mind waiting the few hours of maybe a day to get the game online. All they would need is a laptop to plug into the plasma TVs they have and show the games on them. Sounds like the easiest and most legal way to handle this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • 9erdog
  • Info N/A
I gave this info to my brother as well and he's working on it as he has contacts with both the Niners and the Niner broadcast team. Someone is going to make this happen for them.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home