LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Sometimes it is the weak, unothordox teams that are the hardest to play well against. There are mulitiple reasons for it but even very good teams struggle.

Right now the thing that concerns me the most with this team is the continued lack of progress with the offensive line. It isn't just Snyder, or Baas, or Rachal, that are playing poorly. It is that the OL just continues to make the same mistakes and lack the same technical skills. Until this changes/improves it will be hard to assess other needs. When the lowly Detroit OL allows their QB a better, more organized pocket than the 49ers, then things need to change.
I would have liked to see our "future quarterback" throw the ball down field instead of dumping it off 2 yards against the worst defense in the league.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by KALI-KING:
A win is a win is a win.

But you're delusional if you think Alex played a good game. He didn't

Alex MUST PLAY BETTER.

I hope he does next week. He will never take this team to the playoffs with the kind of performance he delivered today -- especially in the first half. He had a pretty good third quarter and the team went conservative in the 4th.

One good quarter doesn't get it done. He must play better football.

ur crazy

How? Did you see all those passes batted down at the LOS in the first half? Can't blame that on the offensive line. Alex did not play great football today.

He did play pretty darn well in the third quarter.

The fourth quarter is a draw because all he did was hand off to Gore.

I agree with you Bill, Alex played below average game against the worst defense in the NFL.

This game only raised doubts about him going into next season. It nothing to erase them.

Niners seriously need to look at drafting another QB. Alex not the man to take this team to the super bowl. Bring him back next but have a back up plan when he fails.
Originally posted by KALI-KING:
A win is a win is a win.

But you're delusional if you think Alex played a good game. He didn't

Alex MUST PLAY BETTER.

I hope he does next week. He will never take this team to the playoffs with the kind of performance he delivered today -- especially in the first half. He had a pretty good third quarter and the team went conservative in the 4th.

One good quarter doesn't get it done. He must play better football.

ur crazy

How? Did you see all those passes batted down at the LOS in the first half? Can't blame that on the offensive line. Alex did not play great football today.

He did play pretty darn well in the third quarter.

The fourth quarter is a draw because all he did was hand off to Gore.

Did you actually watch the first half? The blocking was atrocious. On the very first play of the game, the o-line allowed someone to come in unblocked to sack Alex. There were so many blown assignments that Alex couldn't get set to throw. It wasn't until they started keeping Gore in to block and going into max protect mode that they gave Smith enough time to get the ball downfield.

The line played like s**t today. The receivers and tight ends did a better job blocking than the actual line.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
I would have liked to see our "future quarterback" throw the ball down field instead of dumping it off 2 yards against the worst defense in the league.

230 yards by the middle of the thrid quarter.
Originally posted by BHulman:

?

?

Takes more than 2 yard dump-offs to get those kind of stats.

?

Gore did all of the work today. He actually padded Alex's stats with that long screen pass he caught. Take away the screen pass, you'd be looking at under 200 yards against the WORST defense in the league.

?

Gore did all of the work today. He actually padded Alex's stats with that long screen pass he caught. Take away the screen pass, you'd be looking at under 200 yards against the WORST defense in the league.

Gore was wide open...Smith still had to throw him the pass. it didnt take any extra than normal effort for Gore to run down the field 50 yards untouched. 2nd worst D in the NFL, but we also have the worst OL in the NFL, so it balanced out.

Share 49ersWebzone