There are 170 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Reckless:
We need Eric Berry

Finally some sense on this board!

eric berry isn't anything new to the zone. check out the draft war room. many believe we have 0% chance though and are already aiming for haden. i like to wait after the combine before making predictions
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by taney71:
I still wish he would have just threw it.....let something funky happen...it was 4th down and the season....better try something than take a sack.

Like he did in the first half for the INT?

it was 4th down....you are letting your blindness affect your posting....

4th down...season on the line.... I didn't expect him to complete it but EVERYONE KNOWS YOU THROW THE BALL UP, you do not take a sack...even if you are getting tackled you throw the ball somewhere...

that play just shows that he let those INTs affect his play at the end of the game....he was too worried about turning the ball over that he even took a sack instead of getting rid of the ball on 4th down....we are down by 14pts... you LET GO OF THE F'n BALL....

seriously.... he should have got rid of the ball as soon as he hit is last drop, but he didn't....I know someone was coming at him...but he was not getting hit on that last step...that is when you throw the ball.
Cant wait to see who we let go...and then they become all world with another team......and then we draft scrubs...ps let gore go..........he deserves better
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
what is it? 8 years in a row without playoffs? SIIIIIIIIIIICK

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Why does the league hate the Niners?

20+ years of dominance right into the Salary Cap era which was installed "because of the 9ers" to hear other fans tell it.

And then on top of that we used the loopholes that were WITHIN the rules and STAYED dominate.

So they gotta hammer us at ever turn to beat us down.

I'm to the point where I want a RiCo investigation done on the league. There is WAY too much of this garbage going on. Occasionally? Fine. Refs can't get ALL the calls right. But when we are the victims week in and week out then something is fishy in the league and it's not Goodells sn@tch.

As much as I love my team the NFL is going to lose my bizness if they don't clean their act up. I stopped watching Baseball for a VERY long time because of the Stikes. If this is what I can expect from the Officials in the league then they don't need my money or my time.

This is EVERY week folks.

Sing needs to deal some parking lot justice to these officials. They are what is wrong with the game. Not the players. How can Goodell and the league JUSTIFY giving a guy like Spencer a $7500 fine for a face mask that was momentary i.e. the MNF game and NOT give the other guy in the SAME game and doing the EXACT same thing the same fine? And then NOT fine the Refs for what clearly looks like they were proteting an investment.

Absolute BULL$4|T. I'm absofrigginlutely livid. I could do a better job than those Madden AI Zebras.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Copy of the e-mail I just sent to the organization:

To Mr. York, Mr. McCloughan, Coach Singeltary and every player on the roster:

My name is AJ Bolino. I have been a fan of the 49ers since 1976…a die hard, rabid fan. I live for the game…I played it until it passed me by, I’ve studied it, and I watch it whenever I can. For 10 games a season, I watch the game in Candlestick Park from Section 3, row 19, seats 19 and 20. At each of those games, I yell so loudly that I lose my voice and my head hurts. Every season and offseason, I watch and break down every play of every game. Every season and offseason, I spend my hard earned money on season tickets and merchandise. I have seen this team win, I have seen them lose, I have seen them rise, and I have seen them fall. I stayed a fan of this team when Terry Donahue gutted it…and when Dennis Erickson and Mike Nolan coached it into oblivion.

For all of my life, I have believed that success is a matter of choice…not chance. This philosophy served me when I was earning the title of United States Marine at MCRD San Diego, as it has with any other challenge I have ever faced. I have not always prevailed when challenged…but I have never quit…ever. It isn’t in me.

This brings me to the purpose of my message: Why are you quitting? Why are you mailing it in? Why…?

Gentlemen, I live and die with this team. I died with you for my first 5 years as a fan. I lived well with you for almost 17 years after that. I have been dying almost every Sunday for the last 10 years. In all that time, I have remained resolute. Even when there was no hope…I watched. Even when you were supposed to lose, I watched. I stay for every second of every game…no matter what the score is. When I lost my job, I kept my tickets. Why? Because that’s what a loyal fan does. When people say you’re deluded…when people say you suck…when people call you a joke…people like me are the ones that defend you. People like me are the ones that cheer…even when there’s nothing to cheer for. People like me are the ones that spend white collar money for a blue collar product…even though times are hard.

And as payback for my loyalty, and the loyalty of fans just as resolute in their support (like my son, Alec...who looks like he’s about to cry)…you are mailing it in today. No hustle. No urgency. No fight. No scrap…just quiet acceptance. After watching today’s game, I find myself asking…why? Why do I do this? Why do I continue to cheer? Why doesn’t it seem like you care?

Don’t quit. Choose to succeed. Choose to try. Opt to fight. Show us that our loyalty hasn’t been wasted. Show us that you appreciate what we do. Show us that we aren’t wasting our time. Please…bring it when it matters. Just show up once when it counts…and show us that you actually care what we think.

I don’t care if you win or lose…I don’t care if you blow it…but if you’re gonna lose, at least go down swinging.

FYI…I’m not asking for a reply. I demand one. Your salaries are paid with my money, and the money of people just like me. It shouldn’t be that hard for someone to answer me.

Regards,

-AJ Bolino

WTF?

This from a Sing supporter

Yeah. I'm in his corner. Does that mean I can't write what I just did? Is any of it inaccurate? Untrue?

Um, yeah...that's what I thought.

Today, they looked like they mailed it in...and I'm calling the team on it. Was that the wrong thing to do? Wouldn't you do the same?

BTW....I will post the response if I get one.
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Originally posted by taney71:
I still wish he would have just threw it.....let something funky happen...it was 4th down and the season....better try something than take a sack.

Like he did in the first half for the INT?

it was 4th down....you are letting your blindness affect your posting....

4th down...season on the line.... I didn't expect him to complete it but EVERYONE KNOWS YOU THROW THE BALL UP, you do not take a sack...even if you are getting tackled you throw the ball somewhere...

that play just shows that he let those INTs affect his play at the end of the game....he was too worried about turning the ball over that he even took a sack instead of getting rid of the ball on 4th down....we are down by 14pts... you LET GO OF THE F'n BALL....

seriously.... he should have got rid of the ball as soon as he hit is last drop, but he didn't....I know someone was coming at him...but he was not getting hit on that last step...that is when you throw the ball.

He basically got hit after less than a second and you think he should have been able to throw it?
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
CONGRATULATIONS 49ERS AND ALEX SMITH ON ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL SEASON !

THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR !

True, i just hope maybe we can get rid of all the individual player haters, and our fans can support whomever is under center next season.

Yup, Just like you did with Shaun Hill, right?

Actually yeah, as a matter of fact. Go back and look in past threads. i am a smith supporter, but said from TC on, whomever wins thats whom im supportin.

And you know whats sad, is that most Smith supporters backed Hill when he was in, whether we liked him or not.

And as soon as Smith got in, the Smith haters came back full swing. He does good, their silent, or say few words. First mistake, where's Nate Davis, and bench him.

Anything else D?

Look, I supported Hill when he was our starter and you did nothing but bash him and state how Smith would do better; but, you were right to. I've supported Smith since he's started proving himself; but, still have to listen to whiners blowing any little comment about Smith out of proportion and labeling people Haters... Stop looking for the hate and enjoy the game...

Oh, and people will continue to question the QB until someone proves to be the QB of the future (whether Smith or Davis develop or we bring in someone new).
Originally posted by Peanut49:

2001 dude. That's 8 not 7.

~Ceadder
  • iohk
  • Veteran
how about chilo rachal whiffing blocks!

Eric Berry and Dez Bryant would be perfect in the first round. Bryant could also help in the return game.
  • Veteran
0-11 on third down efficiency, have we ever had a day like this?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by alpha81:
Bye Alex, O-line, and Raye. Not too impressed with Singletary either. This years nickname for Singletary is " The Spectator".

anyone thinks that Smith won't be here in 2010 is in for a disappointment

Exactly, just like those that want Sing or Scotty fired. They will all be back, and if you heard a few times, tonight, even the announcers said, all they need is a little continuity cuz they have the playmakers.

And for all the VD fans, Im backing him 100%, but some of the mistakes, and reads not made, and plays it looks like he gave up on is what will keep him out the pro-bowl in my opinion.

But it's not just the playmakers and getting "in synch" that's brought us to where we are. It's the basics:

We switched QBs not because we were ready, but because we couldn't be a "running" offense due to the poor quality of the guys at OL - not to mention the even poorer coaching at the position also.

My only hope is that we fire Forester and go out and get some great FA to help with the protection.

Dont forget to add in the reason, our Qb at the time wasnt producing TD's as well.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Peanut49:

2001 dude. That's 8 not 7.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
btw I wasn't impressed with one throw by Alex today...all of them were wobbly as hell...we need a Qb

Watch out, yer askin for it!!

Don't give a s**t...even when he had time his throws were terrible...when I stop and think there isn't one thing about Alex that stands out...he's got an OK arm and awful accuracy (every pass is high!). That said I think he ends up being our starter next year but don't be surprised if he falls flat on his face. 3 int in one half is just inexcusable!!

Unless we get a couple BIG time Oline men in FA who can play right away and give smith all the time in the world so he doesn't freak, I'm afraid we are going to see about the same thing next year. Hey who knows, maybe 2 or 3 years form now.. sad man, just sad..
Share 49ersWebzone