LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 12)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Spread offense baby!!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
If we open it up early look for Gore to have his usual big day in seattle.

Teams can't stack the box against the Niners (or do so at their own peril). I think this means Gore gets a lot more running room and coupled with the fact he owns the Seahawks I expect a big day for the O.

Yeah Gore had big runs last game. Forsett has been playing well but like we did today the defense needs to make plays in the red zone. I can see this being a close game.

me too
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
I can easily see the vikings destroying the cardinals

49ers need to be careful in seattle though

Agree 100 percent about the Seattle game

I'm not happy with the play of our secondary since the last time we played them. In that game we enjoyed good coverage down field, I'm not sure if that is going to happen this time around. I'm confident we can shut down their run game and I'm also confident they have the ability to throw that ball on us. The key to this game, unlike the last time we played them, is going to be if we can bring pressure, IMHO.

Offensively, picking on Cole in the middle should pay dividends...and open up the pass. Everybody in the zone will be screaming around here "WTF was Raye thinking running the ball up the gut" next week, but it is the best way to attack them....Cole is a big time liability for them, he can't hold the center for s**t, we already saw that in week two.
[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 29, 2009 at 7:46 PM ]
Big/important game all of a sudden
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Spread offense baby!!

I think we now have too many weapons for the Seahawks to deal with, especially if Alex continues to play the way he did today.

And our defense took it to another level today, too. If they can keep it up, Seattle is going to have a lot of problems with us.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Big/important game all of a sudden

Agree. The team better know it and bring their A game.
If our pass-rush could penetrate David Gerrard the way it did today Matt Hassleback has a lot to worry about next Sunday.

Seattle's o-line is full of CFL players right now, so if we pressure Matt and prevent him from picking up rhythm in the deep pass we win. -I also see us playing out more balanced in this game, to the enemy's weakness (Gore has another good shot at running through that Tatupu-less LB core once again).
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
I thought this was hilarious...about next week, from a Seachicken forum:

"figured i start this early, gonna be a big game for us to get back in it since niners an cards will be taking each other out in the following week."

A two teams lose in one game situation! Yep, they got some smart one's up there in Seattle, no doubt.

I am at the Game for my B day - REALLY excited - have to decide what to wear the Gore Jersey or Alex - Had the Gore Jersey on today so may have to stick with the good mojo
Originally posted by Sugatis:
I am at the Game for my B day - REALLY excited - have to decide what to wear the Gore Jersey or Alex - Had the Gore Jersey on today so may have to stick with the good mojo

Stick with what works, I bet those Seattle fans really love those Gore jerseys.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If our pass-rush could penetrate David Gerrard the way it did today Matt Hassleback has a lot to worry about next Sunday.

Seattle's o-line is full of CFL players right now, so if we pressure Matt and prevent him from picking up rhythm in the deep pass we win. -I also see us playing out more balanced in this game, to the enemy's weakness (Gore has another good shot at running through that Tatupu-less LB core once again).

They should - Seapigeons line is a patchwork of 3rd stringers - we should be able to really push them around - that is important because they do have some weapons so it will be important to put pressure nh Hasselbeck...
I'm a little concerned about playing Seattle in their house. The last thing we can possibly do is suffer a let down. This team must be absolutely focused on beating down Seattle because I'm sure right now they realize that with a win against the Seahawks, and a Cardinals loss, they'd pretty much be playing for the division title the following the week.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Sugatis:

Stick with what works, I bet those Seattle fans really love those Gore jerseys.

My wife always wants the Vernon jersey so I may just do that.

I was going to order a Willis Jersey this week but am also going to the Cal vs WA game - so got myself a new VERY obnoxious golden bear Scarf sweater and hat...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm a little concerned about playing Seattle in their house. The last thing we can possibly do is suffer a let down. This team must be absolutely focused on beating down Seattle because I'm sure right now they realize that with a win against the Seahawks, and a Cardinals loss, they'd pretty much be playing for the division title the following the week.

Yeah this is a huge game. It will be exciting.

I hope hawksfan shows up this week to discuss the match up.
Everything is on the line this week. Our playoffs starts now.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 29, 2009 at 8:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone