LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 12)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
If we lose to Seattle, I think it would be the biggest letdown/disappointment in Alex Smith's career. Yea we had faith and confidence before, but he never looked this good or confident. Now it's like we know what he can do, so he just has to do it. Before we were on that "potential" and "upside" pipe dream.

I hate to say it, if Alex Smith loses this game, especially because of interceptions and fumbles, I think his career is over (at least as a starter). You may think i'm rash because of how good he played last week, but he set himself up for this. Win and he's our QB no doubt. Win against AZ then no more searching. Lose this game and beat AZ next week then we will all shun him and never trust him because of his inconsistency.

i like how you blame Alex already and the game hasnt even been played yet

what if the niners lose because of a fumble by frank gore or a special teams f**k up, assuming that if the niners lose its already Alex Smiths fault is just plain stupid

Wow did you read what I said?

I said IF HE fumbles and throws interceptions, not because of the receiver running a bad route but because he made a bad read.

Obviously if Gore fumbles then the game is not on him. If he has one of those meltdown games like Tennessee, maybe I should have said I won't trust him anymore.

At what point was I already blaming him for the loss? It was a bunch of speculation. I think most fans will have this feeling IF IF IF it happens. I am the biggest AS supporter, just check my resume (if you can). I want nothing but the best for him. I hope he lights it up on Sunday.

But what if he throws 3 or 4 interceptions and consensus shows the loss was on him? How will YOU feel?

Did you read what you said? Your First paragraph
If we lose to Seattle, I think it would be the biggest letdown/disappointment in Alex Smith's career

you then say
I hate to say it, if Alex Smith loses this game, especially because of interceptions and fumbles, I think his career is over (at least as a starter).

to me this implies that if Alex loses the game you dont have faith in him and if its cuz of turnovers then his career is over

Exactly. If he loses this game because he makes bone head decisions then I will have no more faith in him. If he loses, to me it means he can't win big games. Plain and simple.

well thats just stupid

Why you gotta call me and Joecool stupid?? huh huh

But seriously we've been through this before with Alex, except on a smaller scale. Now it's time for him to step it up, or leave.

But it doesn't matter because most of the zone is hell bent that Alex will be the starter next year no matter what. He probably will with the signs hes shown thus far.

In the end, Go Alex!!! more importantly go Niners!!!

go Alex go

one quick note, I agree this is a big game for him, but if he fails(he wont) but if he does can we really say he isnt a big game player because what other big games has he had so far in his career, its not like we have been a playoff contender

He's played big before. People forget he had some good drives during his second year and I believe in his first or second game during his 3rd year in the league before he got hurt. Were they big games? No. But this team hasn't been good enough during the last 6 or 7 years to play in any.
Originally posted by taney71:
If we lose to Seattle, I think it would be the biggest letdown/disappointment in Alex Smith's career. Yea we had faith and confidence before, but he never looked this good or confident. Now it's like we know what he can do, so he just has to do it. Before we were on that "potential" and "upside" pipe dream.

I hate to say it, if Alex Smith loses this game, especially because of interceptions and fumbles, I think his career is over (at least as a starter). You may think i'm rash because of how good he played last week, but he set himself up for this. Win and he's our QB no doubt. Win against AZ then no more searching. Lose this game and beat AZ next week then we will all shun him and never trust him because of his inconsistency.

i like how you blame Alex already and the game hasnt even been played yet

what if the niners lose because of a fumble by frank gore or a special teams f**k up, assuming that if the niners lose its already Alex Smiths fault is just plain stupid

Wow did you read what I said?

I said IF HE fumbles and throws interceptions, not because of the receiver running a bad route but because he made a bad read.

Obviously if Gore fumbles then the game is not on him. If he has one of those meltdown games like Tennessee, maybe I should have said I won't trust him anymore.

At what point was I already blaming him for the loss? It was a bunch of speculation. I think most fans will have this feeling IF IF IF it happens. I am the biggest AS supporter, just check my resume (if you can). I want nothing but the best for him. I hope he lights it up on Sunday.

But what if he throws 3 or 4 interceptions and consensus shows the loss was on him? How will YOU feel?

Did you read what you said? Your First paragraph
If we lose to Seattle, I think it would be the biggest letdown/disappointment in Alex Smith's career

you then say
I hate to say it, if Alex Smith loses this game, especially because of interceptions and fumbles, I think his career is over (at least as a starter).

to me this implies that if Alex loses the game you dont have faith in him and if its cuz of turnovers then his career is over

Exactly. If he loses this game because he makes bone head decisions then I will have no more faith in him. If he loses, to me it means he can't win big games. Plain and simple.

well thats just stupid

Why you gotta call me and Joecool stupid?? huh huh

But seriously we've been through this before with Alex, except on a smaller scale. Now it's time for him to step it up, or leave.

But it doesn't matter because most of the zone is hell bent that Alex will be the starter next year no matter what. He probably will with the signs hes shown thus far.

In the end, Go Alex!!! more importantly go Niners!!!

go Alex go

one quick note, I agree this is a big game for him, but if he fails(he wont) but if he does can we really say he isnt a big game player because what other big games has he had so far in his career, its not like we have been a playoff contender

He's played big before. People forget he had some good drives during his second year and I believe in his first or second game during his 3rd year in the league before he got hurt. Were they big games? No. But this team hasn't been good enough during the last 6 or 7 years to play in any.

its all about confidence. He had confidence before his injury, then Nolan raped him of his confidence. Sing is in the process of rebuilding smith. So far, it's working.
Talk about the right time for team "buy in"!

The players have expressed a genuine gratitude toward their coaches, the most I have heard in some time. The offense took the next step in their development by owning their responsibility for success in the new plan especially Alex, this couldn't have come at a better time as the offense is genuinely excited about its potential to score points and to be aggressive which has not been Raye's forte.

Yet, they did it! Last week proved it. They moved the ball well and Alex looked better than ever. The defense as a result, appreciated the rest on the sidelines making them spectators for more than three downs. They, too, have a vested interest now more than ever because they too need to step it up and keep it up to maintain the energy on both sides of the ball, aggressively.

Man ownership couldn't have come at a better time! Way to go Coach!!!! If he had not addressed the grumblings and unrest, we would have lost to Jax and no more playoff hopes. Instead, he made the players stand up and be accounted. Coaches and players collaboration made the win happen on Sunday. Coaches planned and players executed...you know, the way it should be.

I just got a feeling that the players will rise to the occasion for their remaining games. I hope I am right of course.

Go 49ers!
aww man just imagine if we had Staley, Clements, AND Walt right now!!
[ Edited by Dajanksta on Dec 2, 2009 at 3:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
aww man just imagine if we had staley and clements AND harris right now!!

Harris Barton? Yeah he was bada55!!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Biggest game of the year and the biggest game we've had since 06. This could create the most important Monday Night Football game for us in years.
fck we need this win!! Come on Singletary this is where Erickson and Nolan failed and where you MUST SUCCEED!!!!

Seachickens!!!!!!! It's what's for dinner.

Better!
[ Edited by taney71 on Dec 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM ]
Where the fck is hawksfan?
I try to check out some seattle forums god they all suck. I can't even find a trash talking or opinions. geeze
I try to check out some seattle forums god they all suck. I can't even find a trash talking or opinions. geeze

I'm here. Been talking on this thread today. I go to seahawkblue.com. Thats a good hawks site. There is a thread over there about the game as well. Its a continuation of a thread that a new to the site 49ers fan started back in september.

seahawkblue.com thread
[ Edited by Hawksfan81 on Dec 2, 2009 at 3:27 PM ]

Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Let me throw in my analysis of what could happen in this game.

Mora Jr. has always been an attacking defensive coach that implemented blitzes and bump and run. So far, our receivers and our passing game has had trouble with bump and run. In the GB game, they played a lot of bump and run in the first half which gave us major issues. In the second half, they still blitzed but didn't bump our receivers as often.

It will be up to the receivers to be able to handle this. With the Shotgun, there isn't much time for the DL to get to Alex before he throws the ball similar to how Peyton Manning always gets the ball out early. Therefore, the key is to disrupt the timing and by bumping the WRs and exposing the weak offensive line for what it is. Believe me, Manning hides an OL that is not very strong.

Now, SEA doesn't want anything to do with Gore so our new style may help SEA more than hurt. However, if we begin to pop 5 per run for Gore, then they will need to stack the box again and if we can toss a few fades and complete them, then SEA will be on its heals.

great points, but the SEA secondary doesn not even compare to the guys in GB, who are arguably the best DB tandem in the league.

I still like our chances. I still think Mora's gameplan will be to stop Gore first. If so, then we have a good chance in the passing game.

You're right, their secondary isn't as strong as GB but our receivers are still young. Well, if they are successful with jamming the receivers, then I REALLY hope Raye knows that running a sweep would be most effective against CBs that are manning up and already engaged with the receivers. It's kind of like a QB scrambling against man coverage: everyone on the defense is too busy concentrating on their man and not looking at the QB who has already gained 5 yards.

I really hope we run more sweeps if they are jamming our receivers.

Our secondary is having some issues for sure. Trufant can't catch a break with the PI calls, lucas has been playing hurt for probably 6 games now and deion grant is wearing a cast. At least he was. Wilson has good ball skills and if pretty strong for his size but jennings is a stick figure. I am not really sure how well they will play with a bump and run type defense. Our secondary success rests in the hands of our d-line. When they are clicking the secondary is good. When the d-line can't get to the qb then our secondary drops to average at best.

In that case, we can really exploit you guys because our shotgun has been difficult to penetrate by the defensive line.

I'm here. Been talking on this thread today. I go to seahawkblue.com. Thats a good hawks site. There is a thread over there about the game as well. Its a continuation of a thread that a new to the site 49ers fan started back in september.

seahawkblue.com thread

there's only a couple of pages on the game. booooooo

seahawkblue.com thread

http://www.seahawkblue.com/showthread.php?t=16197&page=38
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

seahawkblue.com thread

http://www.seahawkblue.com/showthread.php?t=16197&page=38

Yeah I saw that. The first 36 pages talk about the first game against the Seahawks this season.
Let me throw in my analysis of what could happen in this game.

Mora Jr. has always been an attacking defensive coach that implemented blitzes and bump and run. So far, our receivers and our passing game has had trouble with bump and run. In the GB game, they played a lot of bump and run in the first half which gave us major issues. In the second half, they still blitzed but didn't bump our receivers as often.

It will be up to the receivers to be able to handle this. With the Shotgun, there isn't much time for the DL to get to Alex before he throws the ball similar to how Peyton Manning always gets the ball out early. Therefore, the key is to disrupt the timing and by bumping the WRs and exposing the weak offensive line for what it is. Believe me, Manning hides an OL that is not very strong.

Now, SEA doesn't want anything to do with Gore so our new style may help SEA more than hurt. However, if we begin to pop 5 per run for Gore, then they will need to stack the box again and if we can toss a few fades and complete them, then SEA will be on its heals.

great points, but the SEA secondary doesn not even compare to the guys in GB, who are arguably the best DB tandem in the league.

I still like our chances. I still think Mora's gameplan will be to stop Gore first. If so, then we have a good chance in the passing game.

You're right, their secondary isn't as strong as GB but our receivers are still young. Well, if they are successful with jamming the receivers, then I REALLY hope Raye knows that running a sweep would be most effective against CBs that are manning up and already engaged with the receivers. It's kind of like a QB scrambling against man coverage: everyone on the defense is too busy concentrating on their man and not looking at the QB who has already gained 5 yards.

I really hope we run more sweeps if they are jamming our receivers.

Our secondary is having some issues for sure. Trufant can't catch a break with the PI calls, lucas has been playing hurt for probably 6 games now and deion grant is wearing a cast. At least he was. Wilson has good ball skills and if pretty strong for his size but jennings is a stick figure. I am not really sure how well they will play with a bump and run type defense. Our secondary success rests in the hands of our d-line. When they are clicking the secondary is good. When the d-line can't get to the qb then our secondary drops to average at best.

In that case, we can really exploit you guys because our shotgun has been difficult to penetrate by the defensive line.

Could be. I am expecting a healthy dose of gore though. I read the other day that he is apparently the only runningback this year to run for over 100 yards against us. For whatever reason he seems to have our number. To me the two biggest differences in this game for the hawks will be qwest field and fingers crossed, matt playing the entire game. The hawks are very jekly and hyde. At home they tend to play competative football. Minus that crazy starting zona game earlier this year. Plus matt missed the entire second half last game. Going into the half it was a close game but it all went to hell for us in the second half. Seneca is not the man to lead this team. LB core is a little different too. Hill is back. Lofa is out. If I remember right lofa had an ill advised start in the last meeting and was pulled early because he still had hamstring problems. This time its hill, curry, and hawthorne. A lot of people are talking about hawthorne making lofa expendable next year or trying a 3-4 type of defense. The guy has played really well.
Share 49ersWebzone