There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 10)

Voodoo. Just kidding. Their OLine really sucks - they've given up close to 37 sacks and are on target to give up 74 sacks for the season. So, with our very good front 7 we can put lots of pressure on him. I think we'll beat them up.
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I'm reading alot of posts about the 49ers going 6-1 the rest of the way and losing to Philly but how do we beat Green Bay? I hope for damn sure we arent overlooking them. They have a good offense and defense. Their offensive line is poor but against us I'm willing to bet we make them look solid. So lets just say we come away with 2 sacks what else are we going to do to get a win at Lambeau? Green Bay is #4 in total defense which I'm shocked at. 8th in pass D, 9th in rush D .. I have a hunch that we will need to score over 24 in order to beat them .. can we do it?? Weigh in people .. Rodgers wont throw us 5 INTS like Cutler .... I'm putting this one on Manusky if he can devise a scheme to limit GB like he did against Peyton we can get it done IMO .. LETS GO ..

Also we have 10 days to sign a punt returner lol ..

That's probably not a game we can win with Alex Smith.
We have 7 games left.
If Alex goes the rest of the way as the starter, we'll win about 2 more games.
Blitz right up the middle.

I think you just have to play the +25 yard routes in there offense tight and mistakes will happen.
Vernon will say that we will "crush and dominate" their defensive line this week.
Originally posted by BAD_AL:
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I'm reading alot of posts about the 49ers going 6-1 the rest of the way and losing to Philly but how do we beat Green Bay? I hope for damn sure we arent overlooking them. They have a good offense and defense. Their offensive line is poor but against us I'm willing to bet we make them look solid. So lets just say we come away with 2 sacks what else are we going to do to get a win at Lambeau? Green Bay is #4 in total defense which I'm shocked at. 8th in pass D, 9th in rush D .. I have a hunch that we will need to score over 24 in order to beat them .. can we do it?? Weigh in people .. Rodgers wont throw us 5 INTS like Cutler .... I'm putting this one on Manusky if he can devise a scheme to limit GB like he did against Peyton we can get it done IMO .. LETS GO ..

Also we have 10 days to sign a punt returner lol ..

That's probably not a game we can win with Alex Smith.
We have 7 games left.
If Alex goes the rest of the way as the starter, we'll win about 2 more games.

Wow, really? I know loosing if frustrating. And winning 10-6 isn't exciting either. But Alex Smith is not the problem. I'm so tired of hearing people like you come down on him when he is not the problem. Sure the turnovers last week cost us the game, but he still scored 27 points and completed 65% of his passes. As for the low production this week, that was part of our coaches game plan. They knew they could force turnovers from Cutler and decided to play it safe on offense.

You are just looking for a scapegoat. Its easy to blame the QB because its just one player. But in reality, we need 3-4 new/better players on offense... not to mention coaching problems.
If the winless Buc can eat up on the Cheese, the niners definitely can get a convincing win on the Packs
If the 49er's defense plays as well as they did yesterday, the 49er's can win the game. But if they do, it will be a very close game.

It's doubtful that Rodgers will throw that many picks and I think that this is one game where Alex will have to perform well and may even have to win it.

This is the Frozen tundra and the Packers don't lose many games there and especially to a mediocre offense. Hopefully the weather won't be so cold that our young warm weather players are able to function.

The good news maybe is that if they lose to the Cowboys, they would be on a three game losing streak and the 49er's could be facing a thoroughly deflated team.

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 13, 2009 at 10:44:38 ]
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
The 9ers just need Ware to knock Rogers out for just over a week.
  • EastBayNiner
  • Info N/A
DONT LET THEM SCORE MORE THAN 16 POINTS! Were 4-0 when the oppenent scores 16 or less
Originally posted by EastBayNiner:
DONT LET THEM SCORE MORE THAN 16 POINTS! Were 4-0 when the oppenent scores 16 or less

we are also 4-0 when we score more points than the other team
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by EastBayNiner:

we are also 4-0 when we score more points than the other team

• Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
only reason GB d is ranked that high because they have played some s**t teams....in the 2 games against the vikings they gave up at least 30 and to the bucs they gave up 38
Per ESPN statistics:

DEFENSIVE STATS: Green Bay gives up the fourth fewest yards per game, at 282.9, but they are ranked 17th for points allowed per game at 21.5 and are 4th worst in the league for TDs allowed at 16. They don't get a lot of sacks. At 13 on the season, they are ranked third to last, but they are big on interceptions, ranked 4th in the league with 12. Green Bay's run defense is stout, giving up 3.5 yards per carry and ranked second in the league only to our 49ers. Green Bay has given up 3 rushing TDs this year, ranking 4th. Green Bay's opponents convert 34% of third downs, 5th toughest in the league, but Green Bay leads the league in giving the opponent a first down due to penalty.

ANALYSIS: Green Bay defense does not put a lot of pressure on the QB, but is strong against the run and agressive against the pass. They get a lot of interceptions and forced fumbles, leading to one of the top takeaway ratios, but they their ball hawking style also gives up a middle of the pack number of TDs and a league leading number of penalties leading to first downs. They will stuff your run, make you pass, and look to get the turnover. This will be a tough game for Singletary and Raye, because the Packers are good at taking away what the Niners want to do, i.e., run and control the clock. I am assuming based on our offensive line's performance and injuries that we're not going to impose our will running. This means we will have to pass, and this will make Singletary nervous because Green Bay is strong on getting the turnover, particularly interceptions. The pressure will be on Alex Smith and his receivers against Green Bay. To score, we're going to have to get a very strong collective effort from the passing game. Smith should have time to throw the ball, but accuracy and separation of the recievers will be key.
If it was a home game our chances would be more comfortable... but Lambeau is a whole other world... and it IS SO f**kING HARD TO WIN THERE IN NOVEMBER!

-Their franchise actually has "REAL" fans who stick through all the s**tty years, that place is sold out every damn game, and it's full of insane noise.
Sack Rodgers.