LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by showtime49:
Originally posted by da209:
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Oh boy here we go again with the moral victory BS.

Just like the Garbage points we scored today WHO CARES!

We play to WIN! We are not!

how the f**k was it garbage points???? Even the commentators were saying that capers does not due the bs. They knew the only way we could get back in game is by passing, and we still were able to pass and score those 3 td passes . If it wasn't for our defense on that 3rd and 3 we would have had another chance to score and possibly win the game. I feel that our coaching staff need do a better job in find out our offense identity ( spread formation).

Dude everyone knows when you got a big lead you tend to soften and I'm not saying the play calls on defense I'm talking about the players and that is fact. Don't give me that If i wouldn't of been speech you sound like Singletary child please. The bottom line we didn't win the game which is all that matters at the end. Our whole team has an identity crisis which is visibly at every area.

can you show me the study where it has been proven that players do not play as hard when they have the lead in a game. I will take a link please.

You obviously have never played the game.

actually I have. Sorry for actually playing the game for a full 60 minutes and not letting up like some pansy.

Who cares a win is a win. AT the end if your blowing someone out you want to make it interesting which is what happened today.

So because you want to make the game "intersting" you let the other team back in the game. You say so

lol, Norwalk's arguments make no sense. First they let up because they're winning, then they let up because they want the game to be more interesting.

Of course maybe someday you will realize that the NFL it's all about marketing if you really see it. I played da game in high school and we never ran up the score on no one it's not college football and the pro's won't do it either.

Interesting game = Money
Blowouts = No one watches (loss of money)

WTF? Blowouts happen every week in the NFL.

I know but who watches those games? No one likes to watch games like that.

If a blowout happened in the Superbowl alot of people would not watch it, think about it.

What?

Reasons why teams with big leads slow down their scoring attack:

1) They switch to a ball control offense to reduce the risk of turnovers and to run the clock down.
2) They sub in bench players more frequently to reduce the risk of injury to key personnel

Reasons why teams with big leads don't slow down their scoring attack:

1) They're worried about tv ratings.

Hey this kid played high school football. Watch out he knows way more about football than any of us or any silly NFL coach

When has the NFL run up the score? Don't happen that's all I'm saying which equal why the scored 3tds in the end. But if you don't think tv rating are not important to team then your wrong. Why show them if that's the case if you don't care right?

the score doesn't get run up because the winning team changes to a ball control style of offense. What is so hard to understand about that?????

That's what I said in the beginning of my conversation with the other dude. Guess u didn't read my conversation him.

No you said that the defense softens up. The defense doens't soften up there big guy. The offensive play calling changes for the winning team. And yes teams have ran up the score. Just look at the Patriots vs Titans game earlier this year You are so full of fail

how the f**k was it garbage points???? Even the commentators were saying that capers does not due the bs. They knew the only way we could get back in game is by passing, and we still were able to pass and score those 3 td passes . If it wasn't for our defense on that 3rd and 3 we would have had another chance to score and possibly win the game. I feel that our coaching staff need do a better job in find out our offense identity ( spread formation).

Dude everyone knows when you got a big lead you tend to soften and I'm not saying the play calls on defense I'm talking about the players and that is fact. Don't give me that If i wouldn't of been speech you sound like Singletary child please. The bottom line we didn't win the game which is all that matters at the end. Our whole team has an identity crisis which is visibly at every area.

can you show me the study where it has been proven that players do not play as hard when they have the lead in a game. I will take a link please.

actually I have. Sorry for actually playing the game for a full 60 minutes and not letting up like some pansy.

Who cares a win is a win. AT the end if your blowing someone out you want to make it interesting which is what happened today.

So because you want to make the game "intersting" you let the other team back in the game. You say so

lol, Norwalk's arguments make no sense. First they let up because they're winning, then they let up because they want the game to be more interesting.

Of course maybe someday you will realize that the NFL it's all about marketing if you really see it. I played da game in high school and we never ran up the score on no one it's not college football and the pro's won't do it either.

Interesting game = Money

If a blowout happened in the Superbowl alot of people would not watch it, think about it.

What?

1) They switch to a ball control offense to reduce the risk of turnovers and to run the clock down.
2) They sub in bench players more frequently to reduce the risk of injury to key personnel

Hey this kid played high school football. Watch out he knows way more about football than any of us or any silly NFL coach

When has the NFL run up the score? Don't happen that's all I'm saying which equal why the scored 3tds in the end. But if you don't think tv rating are not important to team then your wrong. Why show them if that's the case if you don't care right?

You're making less and less sense as you go on. You keep making a converse error and bringing in irrelevant arguments.

What mechanism do you suggest allows for the NFL to alter how a game is going in order to boost TV ratings in the middle of it? How in the world does that work? For your argument to be true, TV ratings would have to trump an pretty big list of other considerations:

Player pride, basic common sense, ball control, halftime adjustments, injuries to two starting Packer defensive players. Are you saying that playing for TV ratings is more important than these factors?

Oh, and the Patriots tend to run up the score.
[ Edited by showtime49 on Nov 22, 2009 at 4:57 PM ]

Interesting game = Money

What?

the score doesn't get run up because the winning team changes to a ball control style of offense. What is so hard to understand about that?????

That's what I said in the beginning of my conversation with the other dude. Guess u didn't read my conversation him.

No you said that the defense softens up. The defense doens't soften up there big guy. The offensive play calling changes for the winning team. And yes teams have ran up the score. Just look at the Patriots vs Titans game earlier this year You are so full of fail

Yes they do soften up and I did say that. Yes I know the offensive calling for winning teams change. The packer offense went into conservative mode they could of run up the score if they wanted to but didn't. We scored more because we got more opportunities to succeed. Packers had players in there that are not starters in the 2nd half due risk of injury before the injuries of Harris and Kampman. How is that not considered softening up. When you got a lead you can give other player (backups) opportunities to get reps won't you agree?

Regarding that Patriots and Titans game who really watched it? Doesn't happen often.

Interesting game = Money

What?

Yes they do soften up and I did say that. Yes I know the offensive calling for winning teams change. The packer offense went into conservative mode they could of run up the score if they wanted to but didn't. We scored more because we got more opportunities to succeed. Packers had players in there that are not starters in the 2nd half due risk of injury before the injuries of Harris and Kampman. How is that not considered softening up. When you got a lead you can give other player (backups) opportunities to get reps won't you agree?

Regarding that Patriots and Titans game who really watched it? Doesn't happen often.

And why on earth would a defense soften up???? So players being injured is now called softening the defense Just stop know before you embarrass yourself any further. I watched the Patriots vs Titans game. It had a lot of big exciting plays. That is what football is all about. Your idiology about softening up the defense to let the offense back in the game to make the game more intersting and putting backups in the game contradict eachother. so please just stop now

Interesting game = Money

What?

You're making less and less sense as you go on. You keep making a converse error and bringing in irrelevant arguments.

What mechanism do you suggest allows for the NFL to alter how a game is going in order to boost TV ratings in the middle of it? How in the world does that work? For your argument to be true, TV ratings would have to trump an pretty big list of other considerations:

Player pride, basic common sense, ball control, halftime adjustments, injuries to two starting Packer defensive players. Are you saying that playing for TV ratings is more important than these factors?

Oh, and the Patriots tend to run up the score.

I understand your factors but it's all involved in money and will always be.

Patriots have no respect to the league but regardless it don't happen often.
I have no doubt that money is important to the league, but to argue that it's so important as to alter the course of a game is absurd.

Again, you fail to backup your argument. You proposed that the need to make the game closer (for profit) caused the Packers to soften up their D to allow our O to score.

Do you seriously not see what's wrong with that argument?

Cause. and. Effect.
[ Edited by showtime49 on Nov 22, 2009 at 5:06 PM ]

Interesting game = Money

What?

And why on earth would a defense soften up???? So players being injured is now called softening the defense Just stop know before you embarrass yourself any further. I watched the Patriots vs Titans game. It had a lot of big exciting plays. That is what football is all about. Your idiology about softening up the defense to let the offense back in the game to make the game more intersting and putting backups in the game contradict eachother. so please just stop now

You might of watched it but it was boring no one care about big plays if the game is not interesting no one will care! U must be a college football fan as well!

Ok if you say so

Interesting game = Money

What?

You might of watched it but it was boring no one care about big plays if the game is not interesting no one will care! U must be a college football fan as well!

Ok if you say so

actually I'm not a college football fan, want to try again?
Norwalk.... just stop. Please. For your own sake.

Interesting game = Money

What?

Ok if you say so

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
most quotes ever.

Originally posted by jta854:

Interesting game = Money

What?

Ok if you say so

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
most quotes ever.

I think there has been a lot more than this.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
When the pressure of the game is off, Smith performs fine. As soon as the pressure comes back on, he throws picks.

The pressure was on the entire first half and he didn't throw a pick. News flash: Every QB in the league throws picks if they are pressured.

I'm not talking about being pressured by the defense. I'm talking about pressure situations.

When we got within 6 and we needed one more, he threw a pick that allowed GB to get ahead by 13 again.

Way to ignore the fact that he threw a TD the very next possession. That INT barely even affected the game.

Way to ignore the fact that being up 13, the defense has a cushion. 7 INTS in 4 games is JTO territory.

Smith hasn't gotten the job done to put us up in a game this season. He needs to take a lead or we will always be getting close but never winning. Moral victories, these are not it.

I think it is funny how only the Smith haters are to blind to see the reality of what occured in the first half

5 yards passing in the first half is more on the QB than the OL. I'm sorry but that's pathetic. He had chances to shift around at times but stood there.

Dude...he had nowhere to go. Seriously.
This routine is getting old.....always close but no cigar.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Can someone here give me the name of the QB who just threw his 3rd TD?
Are you seriouS

ALEX SMITH

It was the same guy who had the deer in the headlights look in the first half. Alex Smith, just good enough to lose.

Some of you fans should be shot and quartered

LOL. No, we just want to see good football.

But please, don't let that stop you from slinging sandbox insults.

OH it wont brotha i got plenty. Some of ya'll were b***hin from the start, talking negative from Jump. When ya'll can finally go a full game, supporting the entire team, mistakes and all, then they'll subside. :)

Yes. Through the magic of ESP, the team will start playing well as soon as we think positive thoughts! I now see the error of my ways! WEEEE!!!!

Yo i like that photo, but the error in your ways was even writing anything today. :)

At least that's what confusious say:)

It's Confucius. LOL at you trying to insult someone else's intelligence and then writing "confusious".

Insult intelligence, of course not. LOL. But seriously next week if you and a few others like PRIME, sometimes brotha AFRik, and a few others. If your gonna start the game with hate, then even when we produce still hate, then when this happens still hate, then we do good still hate. Oh wait you did give a f**k yes, after that CRabs TD. But you too. Why cant ya'll just support the ENTIRE TEAM without bias for one whole game. That s**t cant be done, and its saddening.

If the entire fan base consisted of fans like you we'd still be stuck with Dennis Erickson as coach and Cody Pickett as our Qb. It's sad that people like you accept piss poor to mediocre play so readily.

Nah JImmy Dean, but i do like your sausages. ITs' fan like you that constantly knock the team when we make improvment. Now let me see you respond to this.

Give me a game, where for one whole game, no one can take personal shots at a player on our team. NO team is perfect and every QB makes a mistake. Why dont you make a comment to the fans, that use their personal hate, and diss their team when they should be supporting. How about Piss poor playcalling. But you see, a true fan takes all facets of the game into account. Haters, which maybe you are i dont know, knock one person for the teams faults.

Most women like my sausage too, hiyo! But getting back to the Niners, I have called out the coaching and play calling, many times in fact. So I do take everything into account. The difference is I don't let man-crushes on select players cloud my vision and opinion of them. I posted earlier that both the defense and offense were playing like hot garbage, including Smith. But for some reason, that's too much truth for people like you to handle. If you don't like criticism maybe you should follow a more neutral sport like Professional Hopscotch or Aggressive Whale Watching. That seems to be more your speed.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I haven't watched the game...on my DVR but not sure I wanna watch now. But Plain & Simple THE PACKERS OUT PLAYED THE 49ERS.

If their is blame to lay then it should be across the board. AGAIN, IT'S NOT ABOUT ONE PLAYER...IT WILL NEVER BE ABOUT ONE PLAYER!!!!
[ Edited by Nes49 on Nov 22, 2009 at 7:52 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone