LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by showtime49:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by da209:
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Oh boy here we go again with the moral victory BS.

Just like the Garbage points we scored today WHO CARES!

We play to WIN! We are not!

how the f**k was it garbage points???? Even the commentators were saying that capers does not due the bs. They knew the only way we could get back in game is by passing, and we still were able to pass and score those 3 td passes . If it wasn't for our defense on that 3rd and 3 we would have had another chance to score and possibly win the game. I feel that our coaching staff need do a better job in find out our offense identity ( spread formation).

Dude everyone knows when you got a big lead you tend to soften and I'm not saying the play calls on defense I'm talking about the players and that is fact. Don't give me that If i wouldn't of been speech you sound like Singletary child please. The bottom line we didn't win the game which is all that matters at the end. Our whole team has an identity crisis which is visibly at every area.

can you show me the study where it has been proven that players do not play as hard when they have the lead in a game. I will take a link please.

You obviously have never played the game.

actually I have. Sorry for actually playing the game for a full 60 minutes and not letting up like some pansy.

Who cares a win is a win. AT the end if your blowing someone out you want to make it interesting which is what happened today.

So because you want to make the game "intersting" you let the other team back in the game. You say so

lol, Norwalk's arguments make no sense. First they let up because they're winning, then they let up because they want the game to be more interesting.

Of course maybe someday you will realize that the NFL it's all about marketing if you really see it. I played da game in high school and we never ran up the score on no one it's not college football and the pro's won't do it either.

Interesting game = Money
Blowouts = No one watches (loss of money)
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Nov 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM ]

how the f**k was it garbage points???? Even the commentators were saying that capers does not due the bs. They knew the only way we could get back in game is by passing, and we still were able to pass and score those 3 td passes . If it wasn't for our defense on that 3rd and 3 we would have had another chance to score and possibly win the game. I feel that our coaching staff need do a better job in find out our offense identity ( spread formation).

Dude everyone knows when you got a big lead you tend to soften and I'm not saying the play calls on defense I'm talking about the players and that is fact. Don't give me that If i wouldn't of been speech you sound like Singletary child please. The bottom line we didn't win the game which is all that matters at the end. Our whole team has an identity crisis which is visibly at every area.

can you show me the study where it has been proven that players do not play as hard when they have the lead in a game. I will take a link please.

actually I have. Sorry for actually playing the game for a full 60 minutes and not letting up like some pansy.

Who cares a win is a win. AT the end if your blowing someone out you want to make it interesting which is what happened today.

So because you want to make the game "intersting" you let the other team back in the game. You say so

lol, Norwalk's arguments make no sense. First they let up because they're winning, then they let up because they want the game to be more interesting.

Of course maybe someday you will realize that the NFL it's all about marketing if you really see it. I played da game in high school and we never ran up the score on no one it's not college football and the pro's won't do it either.

Interesting game = Money

WTF? Blowouts happen every week in the NFL.

Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by BHulman:

Niners were one possession away with five minutes left. The Packers were playing for their lives.

In your eyes but the whole game we couldn't stop the run and that was a fact. The kept shoving it down our throats and there was nothing we could of done to stop it. I don't know what game you guys were watching but they dominated us.

So the defense lost this game? We get the ball back we have a chance to win. That was the game I was watching.

We were far behind in the score and the offense didn't help either until the 2nd half when they had to open it up.

opening the offense is the only thing that makes it effective

Yes seemed effective but it was too little to late. Really thought this game could of been a blow out but in the NFL they don't run up the score like college. They dominated us I believe.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Interesting game = Money

I know but who watches those games? No one likes to watch games like that. NFL don't run up the score like callege. Your the Weirdo. Read what I state correctly.

If a blowout happened in the Superbowl alot of people would not watch it, think about it.
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Nov 22, 2009 at 4:34 PM ]
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Good I had errands to run, I didn't c it for myself. This don't bold well for out playoff chances. Judging SOLELY on the wwbzone chatter, PLAYCALLING was terrible. But we racked up 24points. Did Jimmy Raye Let Alex go SPREADCOAST again. If Alex can be killer in the spread, y don't we spread?

Raye was asleep by the time Smith started throwing TDs, so he had no idea how effective spreading everything out was. That's the only explanation I can think of.

that and Singletary was to busy jerking off to the thoughts of a power running offense

How long before the 49er fan base realizes that Singletary is a fraud? I'm guessing another year of excuse making before the harsh reality starts to set in.
Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Good I had errands to run, I didn't c it for myself. This don't bold well for out playoff chances. Judging SOLELY on the wwbzone chatter, PLAYCALLING was terrible. But we racked up 24points. Did Jimmy Raye Let Alex go SPREADCOAST again. If Alex can be killer in the spread, y don't we spread?

Raye was asleep by the time Smith started throwing TDs, so he had no idea how effective spreading everything out was. That's the only explanation I can think of.

that and Singletary was to busy jerking off to the thoughts of a power running offense

How long before the 49er fan base realizes that Singletary is a fraud? I'm guessing another year of excuse making before the harsh reality starts to set in.

I think it already has set in.
So now there's NFL conspiracy theories huh? Based on your years playing high school football and "logic."

So, if I'm following you correctly:

Blowout at half time --> Packer coaches get a call from Goodell telling them they need to make the game closer so they could "get more money," in exactly those vague terms --> Packer players stop playing the game they love full speed -->

????

Profit!

Interesting game = Money

I know but who watches those games? No one likes to watch games like that.

If a blowout happened in the Superbowl alot of people would not watch it, think about it.

What?

Reasons why teams with big leads slow down their scoring attack:

1) They switch to a ball control offense to reduce the risk of turnovers and to run the clock down.
2) They sub in bench players more frequently to reduce the risk of injury to key personnel

Reasons why teams with big leads don't slow down their scoring attack:

1) They're worried about tv ratings.

Interesting game = Money

What?

1) They switch to a ball control offense to reduce the risk of turnovers and to run the clock down.
2) They sub in bench players more frequently to reduce the risk of injury to key personnel

Hey this kid played high school football. Watch out he knows way more about football than any of us or any silly NFL coach

Interesting game = Money

What?

I understand your reasoning and I know that is why the 49ers scored what I called garbage points in the second half and that what I was trying to get to. If you look at my first posts I mentioned that the Packers defense soften more which resulted in that 2nd half surge. An believe me every team worries about ratings as well that's money to them. If that was the case they wouldn't show the games on television.

Interesting game = Money

What?

I understand your reasoning and I know that is why the 49ers scored what I called garbage points in the second half and that what I was trying to get to. If you look at my first posts I mentioned that the Packers defense soften more which resulted in that 2nd half surge. An believe me every team worries about ratings as well that's money to them. If that was the case they wouldn't show the games on television.

when you have a lead you don't soften your defense you change your offensive game plan to control the clock and minimize the chance of a turn over. you seem to be the only one that doesn't realize that. NFL teams don't soften their defense

Interesting game = Money

What?

Hey this kid played high school football. Watch out he knows way more about football than any of us or any silly NFL coach

When has the NFL run up the score? Don't happen that's all I'm saying which equal why the scored 3tds in the end. But if you don't think tv rating are not important to team then your wrong. Why show them if that's the case if you don't care right?

Interesting game = Money

What?

When has the NFL run up the score? Don't happen that's all I'm saying which equal why the scored 3tds in the end. But if you don't think tv rating are not important to team then your wrong. Why show them if that's the case if you don't care right?

the score doesn't get run up because the winning team changes to a ball control style of offense. What is so hard to understand about that?????

Interesting game = Money

What?

when you have a lead you don't soften your defense you change your offensive game plan to control the clock and minimize the chance of a turn over. you seem to be the only one that doesn't realize that. NFL teams don't soften their defense

The packer offense went into conservative mode they could of run up the score if they wanted to but didn't. We scored more because we got more opportunities to succeed. Packers had players in there that are not starters in the 2nd half due risk of injury before the injuries of Harris and Kampman. How is that not considered softening up. When you got a lead you can give other player (backups) opportunities to get reps won't you agree?

Interesting game = Money

What?

the score doesn't get run up because the winning team changes to a ball control style of offense. What is so hard to understand about that?????

That's what I said in the beginning of my conversation with the other dude. Guess u didn't read my conversation him.
Share 49ersWebzone