LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Joecool:
When the pressure of the game is off, Smith performs fine. As soon as the pressure comes back on, he throws picks.

The pressure was on the entire first half and he didn't throw a pick. News flash: Every QB in the league throws picks if they are pressured.

I'm not talking about being pressured by the defense. I'm talking about pressure situations.

When we got within 6 and we needed one more, he threw a pick that allowed GB to get ahead by 13 again.
  • B650
  • Veteran
When the pressure of the game is off, Smith performs fine. As soon as the pressure comes back on, he throws picks.

The pressure was on the entire first half and he didn't throw a pick. News flash: Every QB in the league throws picks if they are pressured.

I'm not talking about being pressured by the defense. I'm talking about pressure situations.

When we got within 6 and we needed one more, he threw a pick that allowed GB to get ahead by 13 again.

Way to ignore the fact that he threw a TD the very next possession. That INT barely even affected the game.

Did you not see VD duck the pass?
Oh boy here we go again with the moral victory BS.
Originally posted by AiNoKea:

Just like the Garbage points we scored today WHO CARES!

We play to WIN! We are not!
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Nov 22, 2009 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by B650:

Way to ignore the fact that he threw a TD the very next possession. That INT barely even affected the game.

Way to ignore the fact that being up 13, the defense has a cushion. 7 INTS in 4 games is JTO territory.

Smith hasn't gotten the job done to put us up in a game this season. He needs to take a lead or we will always be getting close but never winning. Moral victories, these are not it.
Originally posted by backontop:

No one ducked that INT because no one from our team was near the ball to catch it.
I wouldn't look too much into what we did on the second half with a team up by 20. Of course our line will play better when gb want teeing up on us! Alex made nice throws when he has the time. But he also underthrew crabs on why could of been his 2nd td. That pick was TERRIBLE! This team is and has always been FLAT in the first half!!! Until we learn how to score in the first half we will suck

Way to ignore the fact that being up 13, the defense has a cushion. 7 INTS in 4 games is JTO territory.

Smith hasn't gotten the job done to put us up in a game this season. He needs to take a lead or we will always be getting close but never winning. Moral victories, these are not it.

I think it is funny how only the Smith haters are to blind to see the reality of what occured in the first half

I did, and I called it in the Game Thread. But, he came back with that pass in the 2nd half.

As usual, Smith's fault. You guys who relentlessly bash Smith are so transparent it is unbelievable.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

I did, and I called it in the Game Thread. But, he came back with that pass in the 2nd half.

Well now that it has been pointed out to the Smith hater I am happy

I think it is funny how only the Smith haters are to blind to see the reality of what occured in the first half

5 yards passing in the first half is more on the QB than the OL. I'm sorry but that's pathetic. He had chances to shift around at times but stood there.
  • B650
  • Veteran

5 yards passing in the first half is more on the QB than the OL. I'm sorry but that's pathetic. He had chances to shift around at times but stood there.

The announcers and the rest of the world disagree with you.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by AiNoKea:

Just like the Garbage points we scored today WHO CARES!

We play to WIN! We are not!

how the f**k was it garbage points???? Even the commentators were saying that capers does not due the bs. They knew the only way we could get back in game is by passing, and we still were able to pass and score those 3 td passes . If it wasn't for our defense on that 3rd and 3 we would have had another chance to score and possibly win the game. I feel that our coaching staff need do a better job in find out our offense identity ( spread formation).
Share 49ersWebzone