LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex shows just enough to keep his supporters happy and wanting more. However the fact is he has still yet to play a complete game, he looks good in some quarters but that don't get it done in the NFL.

I agree, when they play to his strenghts, he looks, great, when they dont, he looks horrible so i agree wit ya. Lets see him with the offense that plays to his strenghts like today, and 99.9% of the people say todays' loss is on the coaching, not QB. So when we gear the O to Alex's strenghts, then he still fails pull his ass. But lets talk about him not looking good, when he's put in the best position to succeed.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
How the f*ck does a guy come out of the pile with the ball and NOT get awarded possession? Bullsh*t.

How the f*ck does Jimmy Raye NOT try chucking the rock from the gun sooner?

How the f*ck does our Head Coach lose out last timeout before the 2 minute warning on a challenge? How the f*ck do the blind as f*ck officials NOT see the knee down before the elbow????

How the f*ck do the Packers (the most penalized team in the league) get a mulligan on holds a plenty?

Ladies and gentlemen...our OC needs to put the ball in Alex's hands, nad let him win or lose it. Coaches cannot "manage" their way to a win. Jimmy Raye obviously knows what he has...when will he use it? Stretch the f*cking field! Stop dialing up smoke routes as check downs on 3rd and long! Stop asking Chilo Rachal to provide backside seal on 3rd and 1! Stop trying to force your line to win the god@mn game!

Our DC needs to understand something basic...if you can't put your corners on an island occasionally and let them play tight, you will not be able to win games against efficient quarterbacks. Plain and godd@mn simple. Set the f*cking edge, and let your front 7 bang. Stop trying to generate something artificial on 3rd and long...because people are seeing it and throwing f*cking screens at it.

Our OL coach, Mr. Foerster needs to be f*cking fired...right now.

I am losing my f*cking mind for one f*cking reason...this team has the talent to win football games. This team is not without skill. This team is not being put in the best position possible to win games. This is f*cking tragic.

Whats really lame is that guys who get paid as professional players/coaches can't seem to understand these basic and completely obvious things that you have listed here which to me is very sad
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
did anyone else get the impression, by listening to brian billick, that he wished he was the h/c w/their offensive potential?
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
How the f*ck does a guy come out of the pile with the ball and NOT get awarded possession? Bullsh*t.

How the f*ck does Jimmy Raye NOT try chucking the rock from the gun sooner?

How the f*ck does our Head Coach lose out last timeout before the 2 minute warning on a challenge? How the f*ck do the blind as f*ck officials NOT see the knee down before the elbow????

How the f*ck do the Packers (the most penalized team in the league) get a mulligan on holds a plenty?

Ladies and gentlemen...our OC needs to put the ball in Alex's hands, nad let him win or lose it. Coaches cannot "manage" their way to a win. Jimmy Raye obviously knows what he has...when will he use it? Stretch the f*cking field! Stop dialing up smoke routes as check downs on 3rd and long! Stop asking Chilo Rachal to provide backside seal on 3rd and 1! Stop trying to force your line to win the god@mn game!

Our DC needs to understand something basic...if you can't put your corners on an island occasionally and let them play tight, you will not be able to win games against efficient quarterbacks. Plain and godd@mn simple. Set the f*cking edge, and let your front 7 bang. Stop trying to generate something artificial on 3rd and long...because people are seeing it and throwing f*cking screens at it.

Our OL coach, Mr. Foerster needs to be f*cking fired...right now.

I am losing my f*cking mind for one f*cking reason...this team has the talent to win football games. This team is not without skill. This team is not being put in the best position possible to win games. This is f*cking tragic.

This. 100% of the way.

LegBreaker is a smart man!
Originally posted by backontop:
Alex shows just enough to keep his supporters happy and wanting more. However the fact is he has still yet to play a complete game, he looks good in some quarters but that don't get it done in the NFL.

yet to play a complete game? What are you smoking? It was clear that the offensive play calling changed. And when it changed it played into Smith's strengths. Smith sucks under center. He needs to be in a spread style offense out of the shotgun. The entire offense plays better

There's always Alexcuses.

See, I love when people say "stop making excuses" because they think that automatically makes the excuses invalid. Sorry, the universe is governed by logic, and you aren't using any.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

I agree, when they play to his strenghts, he looks, great, when they dont, he looks horrible so i agree wit ya. Lets see him with the offense that plays to his strenghts like today, and 99.9% of the people say todays' loss is on the coaching, not QB. So when we gear the O to Alex's strenghts, then he still fails pull his ass. But lets talk about him not looking good, when he's put in the best position to succeed.

It's his fault the defense gave up 30 points and couldn't give him the ball back? It's his fault that he attempted what, 7 passes in the 1st half? He was put in the best position to succeed in the 2nd half and produced. Are we watching the same game?
[ Edited by B650 on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:46 PM ]
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Youre right. He cant play a complete game with I Formations, tighter formations, etc.

Put him in the spread and...success.

And dont give me that sht about the defense playing soft. The 1st TD sure maybe...the last 2..no way.

We need to just install the spread NOW. I find it funny that people are so quick to clamor for Nate Davis but wont clamor for our offense to play the spread more often.

Fully agree. The funniest thing about our spread offense is that it obviously doesnt get practiced as much as our Singletary offense. If this team practiced to its strengths and practiced the spread offense, we might have an offense that could put up 40 a game. The flashes are there that show that we can put up points with the best of them, but the coaches are handicapping the team

yet to play a complete game? What are you smoking? It was clear that the offensive play calling changed. And when it changed it played into Smith's strengths. Smith sucks under center. He needs to be in a spread style offense out of the shotgun. The entire offense plays better

do you know anything about football because it is becoming very clear that you don't

I think it is just a Pavloffian response that some of our fellow Zoners have been conditioned to make. Must disparage Smith, must disparage Smith.
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Can someone here give me the name of the QB who just threw his 3rd TD?
Are you seriouS

ALEX SMITH

It was the same guy who had the deer in the headlights look in the first half. Alex Smith, just good enough to lose.

Some of you fans should be shot and quartered

LOL. No, we just want to see good football.

But please, don't let that stop you from slinging sandbox insults.

OH it wont brotha i got plenty. Some of ya'll were b***hin from the start, talking negative from Jump. When ya'll can finally go a full game, supporting the entire team, mistakes and all, then they'll subside. :)

Yes. Through the magic of ESP, the team will start playing well as soon as we think positive thoughts! I now see the error of my ways! WEEEE!!!!

Yo i like that photo, but the error in your ways was even writing anything today. :)

At least that's what confusious say:)

It's Confucius. LOL at you trying to insult someone else's intelligence and then writing "confusious".

Insult intelligence, of course not. LOL. But seriously next week if you and a few others like PRIME, sometimes brotha AFRik, and a few others. If your gonna start the game with hate, then even when we produce still hate, then when this happens still hate, then we do good still hate. Oh wait you did give a f**k yes, after that CRabs TD. But you too. Why cant ya'll just support the ENTIRE TEAM without bias for one whole game. That s**t cant be done, and its saddening.

If the entire fan base consisted of fans like you we'd still be stuck with Dennis Erickson as coach and Cody Pickett as our Qb. It's sad that people like you accept piss poor to mediocre play so readily.

Nah JImmy Dean, but i do like your sausages. ITs' fan like you that constantly knock the team when we make improvment. Now let me see you respond to this.

Give me a game, where for one whole game, no one can take personal shots at a player on our team. NO team is perfect and every QB makes a mistake. Why dont you make a comment to the fans, that use their personal hate, and diss their team when they should be supporting. How about Piss poor playcalling. But you see, a true fan takes all facets of the game into account. Haters, which maybe you are i dont know, knock one person for the teams faults.
Why is it that we either comeout and run the absolute most conservative offense imaginable, then switch and run a shotgun spread offense the entire second half and dont try running the ball once at their nickle defense? THey have woodson matched up with Davis and Kampan is out and we dont try to run at that? REAALLYY?? You dont think we could get good chunks of yards running it at 2 f**king CB with Davis and Morgan blocking? PAthetic!!

Why cant we come out and maybe mix it up, run some spread, run some 2 back keep the defense off balance.

And dont get me started on the defense that gave up 400 yards in the first half.

Bring in Cower or Holmgren already and forget about this crap. Stubborn arrogant coaching gets you nowhere.

Originally posted by BHulman:

do you know anything about football because it is becoming very clear that you don't

I think it is just a Pavloffian response that some of our fellow Zoners have been conditioned to make. Must disparage Smith, must disparage Smith.

must blame smith for every wrong in the world.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Pogity:
Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
HOW THE f**k CAN THAT PLAY STAND? HIS KNEE WAS CLEARLY DOWN A YARD SHORTER THAN THE SPOT OF THE BALL!!!!

A horrendous challenge. Sing didn't learn from Nolan at all. Even Nolan wouldn't have challenged that.

He was going to call a TO anyway dude. He was trying ot get a twofer.

That makes no sense. If you don't challenge and G.B. gets the first-down, you could use the timeout there and still have a chance to get the ball back. This way, you lose. It was a stupid decision. Wasting a timeout over 6 inches? How can the players perform when the team is run by cavemen?

Somebody use to call Singletary a caveman awhile back. I use to laugh my ass off at that. Everybody got all pissed off when he did it.

Exactly. You know it's funny right, when commentators, reporters, announcers, watching the same game as us, say positive things, diss the coaching, and say it's their loss not the teams. Its funny instead of supporting and agree with the game that everyone was watching, they still b***h and moan about one person, one position. Thats what kills me.

Exactly. You know it's funny right, when commentators, reporters, announcers, watching the same game as us, say positive things, diss the coaching, and say it's their loss not the teams. Its funny instead of supporting and agree with the game that everyone was watching, they still b***h and moan about one person, one position. Thats what kills me.

it is that blind hatred for Smith. With the amount of hate some of these posters have for him you would think he impregnated their sisters
Originally posted by B650:

It's his fault the defense gave up 30 points and couldn't give him the ball back? It's his fault that he completed what, 7 passes in the 1st half? He was put in the best position to succeed in the 2nd half and produced. Are we watching the same game?

I put that costly INT in the 2nd half that went for 7 points on A Smiths shoulders.

Yes he looks good when in a spread offense but when you have a back like F Gore do you really want to run spread offense all the time? A Smith needs to be able to execute passes from I formation 2 TE sets or whatever play personnel are on the field for that play. O-line lack of help doesn't help though A Smith seems to roll/step up right into the pass rush at times.

A Smith needs to show me a complete game he tends to make highlight reels 1 quarter and blooper reels the next quarter

Share 49ersWebzone