There are 147 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Smith needs to really DOMINATE the Titans game. I wanna see Smith put up big numbers and destroy them early. Frankly, I think this is Smith's "coming out" game. The Colts was a freebie and most people expected a WORSE game than what we put up.

Smith has no excuse this game. 32nd ranked pass defense, etc etc. He needs to stamp his name all over the Titans. Even if he doesnt blow it up, I wanna see, 60% or better, 200 yards or more and 1 TD. NO INTS.

I agree with this fair expectation.

But I want to add, that I also expect the defense to score in this game, I don't know who will step up, but I can already see Vince Young getting totally owned by the defense.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Smith needs to really DOMINATE the Titans game. I wanna see Smith put up big numbers and destroy them early. Frankly, I think this is Smith's "coming out" game. The Colts was a freebie and most people expected a WORSE game than what we put up.

Smith has no excuse this game. 32nd ranked pass defense, etc etc. He needs to stamp his name all over the Titans. Even if he doesnt blow it up, I wanna see, 60% or better, 200 yards or more and 1 TD. NO INTS.

Right there with you Lamda!!! Standing right outside the Alex Smith bandwagon, its just gonna take a little more to get me on it. My expectations:

300+ yards at least 3 TD's / also a 3 game win streak

As for Jimmy Raye......its gonna take the rest of this season for me to EVAR get on his bandwagon.

[ Edited by Kolohe on Nov 2, 2009 at 14:32:52 ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Right there with you Lamda!!! Standing right outside the Alex Smith bandwagon, its just gonna take a little more to get me on it. My expectations:

As for Jimmy Raye......its gonna take the rest of this season for me to EVAR get on his bandwagon.

if were up early by a good amount say 2 tds were running over and over wasting clock due to singletary and raye's philosophy. only way smith puts up those numbers is if were down, not that i dont think smith can put up those numbers even when were up but we play not to lose the gm and too damn conservative. when something is going so well we stop freaking doing it
Originally posted by verb1der:

But I want to add, that I also expect the defense to score in this game, I don't know who will step up, but I can already see Vince Young getting totally owned by the defense.

Agreed. I hope Raye opens up the playbook EARLY. Why cant we be up 21-0 at the half???? We can. We have the guys to do it finally. Its like we DONT want to win.

Our coaches, as "smash mouth, punch them in the face" as they are...seem to lack a killer instinct. Just go out there and madden their a$$es up.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

if were up early by a good amount say 2 tds were running over and over wasting clock due to singletary and raye's philosophy. only way smith puts up those numbers is if were down, not that i dont think smith can put up those numbers even when were up but we play not to lose the gm and too damn conservative. when something is going so well we stop freaking doing it

You know, you have a pretty good point. But if the defense causes turnovers for us and gives Smith more of an opportunity to score, than I would hope Smith comes away with TD's than FG's.

.....god I hope we don't come into this game flat, like the way we did against Atlanta.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

Agreed. I hope Raye opens up the playbook EARLY. Why cant we be up 21-0 at the half???? We can. We have the guys to do it finally. Its like we DONT want to win.

Our coaches, as "smash mouth, punch them in the face" as they are...seem to lack a killer instinct. Just go out there and madden their a$$es up.

That has to happen....play to our teams strengths.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

You know, you have a pretty good point. But if the defense causes turnovers for us and gives Smith more of an opportunity to score, than I would hope Smith comes away with TD's than FG's.

.....god I hope we don't come into this game flat, like the way we did against Atlanta.

we better not overlook this team, yes they have 1 win but they can still can show up and play like many expected this yr and are desperate as should we be as well. i should be so confident and say were so gonna win but then again these are the 9ers were talking about and you just wont know what you'll get with these guys. stop johnson and force LOL young to throw you can throw this gm in the bag. raye, oline and johnson are the things that can kill our season if we lose sunday. MUST WIN
Originally posted by jreff22:
This better be the new anthem for the team.

That brings me back. Rza was on point with that beat.

I just wanted to say how excited I am for this opportunity to get better this weekend.

Can we please for the love of everything holy, Get 300+ yards on offense this week. Have we had a 300+ day all year? Could somebody answer that cause I truly don't know.
This will be like every other game. We'll run the ball into brickwall after brickwall.

After the game Sing will say he's 256% behind Raye's playcalling, and that the O-line needs to gel and play better.

[ Edited by AKfanster on Nov 2, 2009 at 21:36:15 ]

Everyone is all on about Raye and why cant he open it up and making sure Smith has a statistical big game. Noone mentions that our two starting Ts are out for 6 weeks or longer. the fact that taking away the three 60+ yard runs, we avg 2.7 yards per carry, the fact that our QBs have been dropped 22 times through 7 games. You guys are dreaming if you think well be opening it up like that. Coach sees that and he alluded as much in his presser.

If you guys are hoping to see a much more open passing attack you guys are going to be sorely sorely dissapointed...unless Snyder and Sims turn into pretty good tackles, Rachal finally wakes up and Baas can get his head out his ass. I dont have that confidence...do you?
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

Everyone is all on about Raye and why cant he open it up and making sure Smith has a statistical big game. Noone mentions that our two starting Ts are out for 6 weeks or longer. the fact that taking away the three 60+ yard runs, we avg 2.7 yards per carry, the fact that our QBs have been dropped 22 times through 7 games. You guys are dreaming if you think well be opening it up like that. Coach sees that and he alluded as much in his presser.

If you guys are hoping to see a much more open passing attack you guys are going to be sorely sorely dissapointed...unless Snyder and Sims turn into pretty good tackles, Rachal finally wakes up and Baas can get his head out his ass. I dont have that confidence...do you?

Well not when you put it that way Debbie Downer....

I actually thought the O-line did a decent job pass blocking against the Colts. (decent for us anyway)

I was surprised we didn't see more hurry-up in the 2nd half. Worked pretty good in the 2 min drill before halftime.
And your reason for not having a more wide open passing game is legit. But having a sub-par O-line hurts the running game too, yet Raye hasn't stopped running up the gut for little to no gain. Most of us just want to try something different.
this sucks, Clements is out 6-8 weeks and Staley is out for 6
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

Well not when you put it that way Debbie Downer....

LOL im jus tryina say temper your emotions. Try seeing it from Rayes point of view. itll help bring ur BP down a bit.
Share 49ersWebzone