There are 258 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Alexcuses

When I see you breaking down the issues then I might listen. Until then you lack the credibility to even make that judgement call.

By that I mean I've NEVER seen you lay it on the Line by breaking down the issue. If they are "Alexcuses" then explain why. If you don't KNOW why then you need to STHU. I'm tired of seeing people with no real knowledge jump on the hate wagon. It makes you look immature and unknowedgeable.

Peace.

~Ceadder

Really? I got tired of telling all of you Smith sympathizers time and time again. When will you realize he's a bust? Who's at fault today Ceader? No wonder Jimmy Raye didn't want to open up the offense.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
So Smith homers and Hill homers have both lost. Go figure.

Except we've actually WON with hill starting.

Really?????????????

you forget ATL/ HOU / MIN already??????????

Min was on the D...He didn't get to finish Hou and our only WINS this year were with Hill under center.

excuses...........

Wins are not excuses...losses are

Is Hill undefeated?????????????????

fool

Has Smith won a SINGLE Game?????????/

LOL... Not in a couple of years.

He didn't play last year?

That makes him an Injury prone loser...people I think we have the Jonas Jennings of QB's in Alex Smith...the money wasted was just a bonus....

That was from one injury on his arm. Jesus. Fault him for today not stupid crap.

By your analysis Montana was an injury prone QB as well.

By your analysis Alex is >>>> then Joe Montana... Time to start seeing this kid for what he is.

Ummmmmmm DUDE??? Did you NOT see Alex Roll out under pressure and deliver it to Hill in the End Zone?

I'm not saying that Smith is another Montana but what he did sent chills up and down my spine. I had the fortune of seeing that in the NFC Championship game. This one wasn't as important but none the less Smith looked eerily similar for once.

Now if we could just get him some F'N protection and at least two Receivers that can contribute in a positive manner, I think that Smith is serviceable as the Starter.

But hey let's go with your philosophy. Cut the team and start over. Oh wait. Let's cut Smith and start over since it's all his fault.

I do however want him to own this. Because at least it will show the team that he's the guy that will take the heat for them. And enough of that will get them to accept their parts in the responsibility.

~Ceadder

No offense, bro, but you're full of it. "Chills up and down your spine" ? "Serviceable if we could get him TWO RECEIVERS AND PROTECTION" ? Seriously........enough is enough. The guy tanked against the worst defense in the NFL. Forget everything. Lets, for one second, pretend the entire game except the last 2 drives didnt happen. Did you not see him choke when he had the opportunity to shine....TWICE ? Did you ignore the commentator, who happened to be a SB starting quarterback, hash Smith and clearly state that the guy stares down his receivers and makes late throws ?

I mean......I know some of you guys are latched on to Smith, but please get real.

What a loser!

Apparently you had a tool in your ears because for most of the game that SAME commentator was applauding Smith. I listened to the WHOLE game not just the things that I want to hear. Whereas you it seems only picked up on the negative stuff.

Were you paying attention at all to Smith's ENTIRE performance or were you sweettalking you honey the entire game?

How many encroachment penalties did Smith get from that Defense? He WAS looking off Receivers for a good part of that game. Did you SEE that Rope he threw to Crabs in between THREE Defenders? Did you SEE anything positive?

Wow I'm just so F'N glad that you are NOT a Coach on this team. There were a hell of alot more positives than negatives where Smith is concerned. And DUDE check your F'N tude. I never stated that Smith was Montana reincarnate. I just stated that it gave me chills to see him Waggle out Left(at pretty much the same spot no less) and then throw that strike to Hill. ALSO I never stated that Smith played no part in the Loss. But apparently when I point out something positive you gotta get all bent and act like Smith did nothing positive.

One question though. DID YOU HEAR THAT F'N CROWD THROUGH MOST OF THE BALL GAME? Smith had them in an intoxicated frenzy. And so did the D for the most part.

Now I know for a FACT that if Smith "tanked" it all by himself he would have been lynched before he EVER got to the parking lot.

Have a good day.

Oh and let's be fair shall we? Gannon ACTUALLY stated that Smith looks MUCH better but there are certainly things that he needs to address if he wants to prove that he's the Franchise QB that he believes he should be. Gannon was saying that over the ENTIRE game.

THAT's what he said. You must be a real joy at work. Your boss gives you a list of things to do and you probably cherry pick what you wanted to hear and forget the rest.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
lets give ALex Smith a few more games...

then we'll know for sure about Smith..

this always cracks me up....God knows how many times I have heard this.

i guess what i'm saying is...if we end up loosing more games with Smith...then lets start developing Nate Davis...But let Alex play out a few more games..IMHO

so you want to ride or die with Alex...I understand... I posted about this earlier today....but I'm also a Niner fan....and I think we can still make the playoffs....so I want to see what Hill can do, if he can keep us in games......

the thing is Alex was playing at home against a struggling defense and had 3ints and 2 fumbles.... I wasn't expecting this AT ALL in this game....but am not surprised, I've seen this before.....

so I'd go with Shaun....see if the o'l dink and dunk...mixed in with what we saw today (I actually like the game Raye called for once....the flow of the game seemed different)......and go from there.

like Singletary said.... we are not a charity.....we can't have turnovers like this....we won't get anywhere....

now if Shaun comes in and can't sustain drives....those can also be considered turnovers...then we should go to Nate Davis......but I still feel we can win some games and make a push at the playoffs....

Afrikan, BRUH, did you NOT see the Atlanta game?

Did you NOT see Smith keep us IN the Colts game?

Did you NOT see the Houston v. Colts score?

What gives you ANY indication that Hill can even keep up against solid teams like that?

Nevermind that we lost. But today we had a couple things go completely against us that were beyond our control. Take into account that we lost to a solid Playoff team from last year that is decimated by injuries just like we are. Staley is on the Line and Snyder would not have been on the field. I honestly think that Sims held his own today. So when Joe gets back I think that he should be the RT for the rest of the season and Jed needs to get another GM who understands that the Line is the most important unit and is not afraid to pay them a solid amount.

Why do we get the $h|TTiE$t OL personnel each and every season. I'm stymied at the ineptness that starts with the GM. This can't be possible. And yet we see it year in and year out.

~Ceadder

Shaun helped beat the Cards at Arizona.....when Gore was getting stuffed all game...they finally let him pass...and he drove down field and scored...

he did the same against the Vikes at Minnisota....he drove us down field and threw what we all thought was the winning TD....but we lost on a 50 yard bomb from Favre with 12 secs...

so you have the undefeated Vikes and the 1st place Cards....I consider those teams solid.....and Hill did his part in beating teams we are suppose to beat, against the Rams....and the Seahawks who are playing better now....

as far as the Colts game Ceadder....Alex also threw a costly INT....and almost threw another one that was dropped.

I expected him to do well today against the Titans at home......but 3ints and 2 fumbles?....that is not going to cut it.... Alex has thrown an INT in all his games this year..

And after seeing this game Shaun would get his @zz kicked by the Cards at the Stick. We caught the Cards at the right time.

That pick in Indy? Batted up.

Pretty much ALL his picks have been deflections this year. I say he should own it but that don't mean that it's true. C'mon man he's thrown ONE true INT all season.

I would much rather have Smith under Center than Mr. 3 an out Shaun Hill.

BTW if Hill was indeed "celebrating" after that game then he needs to be CUT. There are plenty of scrubs on the waiver wire, that I'm pretty sure won't celebrate after a loss.

When my team lost you could NEVER say that I didn't take it as hard as the rest of my teammates even when I did not play that day. It's no wonder this team is stuck in this mode. There has to be an "example" player. If he can't be the team leader that he was purported to have been then he needs to be the guy that is straight up cut outright.

And please everyone spare me the "we have no experience behind Alex" sob story.

It's time to take drastic action or Sing will lose what little credibility he has with the core players. You can only drop Trou so many times. Sing's used his time up already. Now it's time to do what Bill Walsh would do. Have the guy's locker boxed up and dropped in front of his feet. Sorry but we don't need ya if you're in a celebrating mood after a Loss. No matter how important you are to us.

~Ceadder

what the helll....where did you hear this????

you're starting to lose it Ceadder

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 8, 2009 at 18:03:32 ]
Add in another game with 0 punt return yards. I'm still tryign to figure out who is accountable for releasing Rossum.
Alexcuses

When I see you breaking down the issues then I might listen. Until then you lack the credibility to even make that judgement call.

By that I mean I've NEVER seen you lay it on the Line by breaking down the issue. If they are "Alexcuses" then explain why. If you don't KNOW why then you need to STHU. I'm tired of seeing people with no real knowledge jump on the hate wagon. It makes you look immature and unknowedgeable.

Peace.

~Ceadder

Really? I got tired of telling all of you Smith sympathizers time and time again. When will you realize he's a bust? Who's at fault today Ceader? No wonder Jimmy Raye didn't want to open up the offense.

Too funny.

Hill: 6 games

Smith: 2.5 games

Ummmm and Raye opened up the playbook today did he not? Alex didn't perform exceptionally well, but he wasn't the glaring inept weak armed Hill either.

And N|@@a please, I'm no Smith supporter.. You go round stating "Smith sympathizers" like pointing out the facts is akin to swingin from his man muscle.

NEWSFLASH if you were unfairly going after Hill or Nate or ANY player I will jump your case for it. Well I'm here to inject some reality into this conversation. That makes me nothing more than a 49ER sympathizer. Period.

You know the issues. I shouldn't have to point them out to you. But if I feel like I should point out when you are wrong then so f'n be it, I'll do so.

Apparently you and Steve both took alot of shots to the noodle. Steve seems to all but forgotten the crap years that he played for Tampa and you seem to dismiss that either of our HoFers ever had issues. It took them time and the SAME system to work through it.

If we all lived by your rulebook we would be two Lombardi's short of our Nickel.

~Ceadder
lets give ALex Smith a few more games...

then we'll know for sure about Smith..

this always cracks me up....God knows how many times I have heard this.

i guess what i'm saying is...if we end up loosing more games with Smith...then lets start developing Nate Davis...But let Alex play out a few more games..IMHO

so you want to ride or die with Alex...I understand... I posted about this earlier today....but I'm also a Niner fan....and I think we can still make the playoffs....so I want to see what Hill can do, if he can keep us in games......

the thing is Alex was playing at home against a struggling defense and had 3ints and 2 fumbles.... I wasn't expecting this AT ALL in this game....but am not surprised, I've seen this before.....

so I'd go with Shaun....see if the o'l dink and dunk...mixed in with what we saw today (I actually like the game Raye called for once....the flow of the game seemed different)......and go from there.

like Singletary said.... we are not a charity.....we can't have turnovers like this....we won't get anywhere....

now if Shaun comes in and can't sustain drives....those can also be considered turnovers...then we should go to Nate Davis......but I still feel we can win some games and make a push at the playoffs....

Afrikan, BRUH, did you NOT see the Atlanta game?

Did you NOT see Smith keep us IN the Colts game?

Did you NOT see the Houston v. Colts score?

What gives you ANY indication that Hill can even keep up against solid teams like that?

Nevermind that we lost. But today we had a couple things go completely against us that were beyond our control. Take into account that we lost to a solid Playoff team from last year that is decimated by injuries just like we are. Staley is on the Line and Snyder would not have been on the field. I honestly think that Sims held his own today. So when Joe gets back I think that he should be the RT for the rest of the season and Jed needs to get another GM who understands that the Line is the most important unit and is not afraid to pay them a solid amount.

Why do we get the $h|TTiE$t OL personnel each and every season. I'm stymied at the ineptness that starts with the GM. This can't be possible. And yet we see it year in and year out.

~Ceadder

Shaun helped beat the Cards at Arizona.....when Gore was getting stuffed all game...they finally let him pass...and he drove down field and scored...

he did the same against the Vikes at Minnisota....he drove us down field and threw what we all thought was the winning TD....but we lost on a 50 yard bomb from Favre with 12 secs...

so you have the undefeated Vikes and the 1st place Cards....I consider those teams solid.....and Hill did his part in beating teams we are suppose to beat, against the Rams....and the Seahawks who are playing better now....

as far as the Colts game Ceadder....Alex also threw a costly INT....and almost threw another one that was dropped.

I expected him to do well today against the Titans at home......but 3ints and 2 fumbles?....that is not going to cut it.... Alex has thrown an INT in all his games this year..

And after seeing this game Shaun would get his @zz kicked by the Cards at the Stick. We caught the Cards at the right time.

That pick in Indy? Batted up.

Pretty much ALL his picks have been deflections this year. I say he should own it but that don't mean that it's true. C'mon man he's thrown ONE true INT all season.

I would much rather have Smith under Center than Mr. 3 an out Shaun Hill.

BTW if Hill was indeed "celebrating" after that game then he needs to be CUT. There are plenty of scrubs on the waiver wire, that I'm pretty sure won't celebrate after a loss.

When my team lost you could NEVER say that I didn't take it as hard as the rest of my teammates even when I did not play that day. It's no wonder this team is stuck in this mode. There has to be an "example" player. If he can't be the team leader that he was purported to have been then he needs to be the guy that is straight up cut outright.

And please everyone spare me the "we have no experience behind Alex" sob story.

It's time to take drastic action or Sing will lose what little credibility he has with the core players. You can only drop Trou so many times. Sing's used his time up already. Now it's time to do what Bill Walsh would do. Have the guy's locker boxed up and dropped in front of his feet. Sorry but we don't need ya if you're in a celebrating mood after a Loss. No matter how important you are to us.

~Ceadder

what the helll....where did you hear this????

you're starting to lose it Ceadder

Pardon me I didn't realize you boldened the whole thing. Which part are you asking about?

If you are speaking of the "celebrating" there have been several people in this thread that suggested these things about Shaun and several members of the team. I don't know if it is true which was why I qualified it with the word "IF".

If it's true then I stick by what I said. If not then it's my bad though I feel the same way if they do something of that nature.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 8, 2009 at 18:18:35 ]
Alexcuses

Peace.

~Ceadder

Too funny.

Ummmm and Raye opened up the playbook today did he not? Alex didn't perform exceptionally well, but he wasn't the glaring inept weak armed Hill either.

And N|@@a please, I'm no Smith supporter.. You go round stating "Smith sympathizers" like pointing out the facts is akin to swingin from his man muscle.

NEWSFLASH if you were unfairly going after Hill or Nate or ANY player I will jump your case for it. Well I'm here to inject some reality into this conversation. That makes me nothing more than a 49ER sympathizer. Period.

You know the issues. I shouldn't have to point them out to you. But if I feel like I should point out when you are wrong then so f'n be it, I'll do so.

Apparently you and Steve both took alot of shots to the noodle. Steve seems to all but forgotten the crap years that he played for Tampa and you seem to dismiss that either of our HoFers ever had issues. It took them time and the SAME system to work through it.

If we all lived by your rulebook we would be two Lombardi's short of our Nickel.

~Ceadder

Alex didn't perform exceptionally well,???????

Are you kidding me? So you're not a sympathizer but how come you don't see what everyone else saw? Smith is not ready to be the leader of this team. He is to blame for today's loss. I'm not saying Hill is the best QB but he never had games like this, win or lose.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Add in another game with 0 punt return yards. I'm still tryign to figure out who is accountable for releasing Rossum.

No doubt ! Watching Jones was PAINFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alexcuses

Peace.

~Ceadder

Too funny.

~Ceadder

Are you kidding me? So you're not a sympathizer but how come you don't see what everyone else saw? Smith is not ready to be the leader of this team. He is to blame for today's loss. I'm not saying Hill is the best QB but he never had games like this, win or lose.

Dude I DID see what everyone else saw. But let's be real here for a moment. He had enough positives to continue to move forward.

He hard counted the Defense Offsides on numerous occasions. The old Alex NEVER did that.

He put the ball on the numbers. The old Alex showed flashes of that but for the most part NEVER did that.

He put the ball into traffic and successfully. Again the OLD Alex would have a hard time doing so because he was leery.

He did show flashes of the old Alex today. But I imagine that is due to throwing 2 picks and a fumble early in the game and getting his @$$ handed to him by the opposing Defense. Hell that ONE play where the Defense was on him before he cleared the RB should speak volumes to how crazy bad the Line was today.

You CAN'T blame that on ANY QB. Fisher damned the torpedoes and went full steam ahead because Alex was having a pretty solid game up to that point.

Yeah yeah, "solid?", I know he had a pick. Big whup. Crabtree deflected the ball trying to make the play. Which is great an all but it was a Rookie mistake. One that Camp and Preseason probably would have negated.

It's hysterical how many people are crawling out of the woodwork wanting Smith to be benched. Nevermind that it was not all on him. I don't believe that I need to go through every bit and point out how little help Smith got from his unit today short of Crabs, Hill, Davis and Gore. Oh and Walker who I hope is not hurt seriously. We need him. I'm starting to wish that we never signed Norris back and just took the chance and converted MRob to FB. to back up Walker who I feel is better suited to be a full time FB than an HB. His skill set is alot like Rathman's when the latter played for this team.

The point is I don't HAVE to be Chicken Little here. We have enough of you as it is. I'd rather point out all the issues than leveling the finger at one person like they were solely responsible for this clustertruck.

Understand?

Oh yes I feel I should point out that we have a proven model of inefficiency when it comes to musical QBs'. Butch Davis era Cleveland Browns.

We sink or swim with Alex of we may as well phone the rest of the season in. The coaching staff MUST address the protection issues FIRST and everything else must wait til after then. And for Gods sake Raye has GOT to be consistent with the play calling. If he opens it up then he should let Alex do his thing. Crazy how this team thought that it could sit on a 17-10 lead.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 8, 2009 at 18:53:39 ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by lamontb:

No doubt ! Watching Jones was PAINFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How bout MRob? He wasn't too bad. He averaged what 23 yards a return? That's a conservative estimate of course. It could be either way but he at least was better than Jones and his 10 yards cloud of dust returns.

~Ceadder

Alexcuses

Peace.

~Ceadder

Too funny.

~Ceadder

Dude I DID see what everyone else saw. But let's be real here for a moment. He had enough positives to continue to move forward.

He hard counted the Defense Offsides on numerous occasions. The old Alex NEVER did that.

He put the ball on the numbers. The old Alex showed flashes of that but for the most part NEVER did that.

He put the ball into traffic and successfully. Again the OLD Alex would have a hard time doing so because he was leery.

He did show flashes of the old Alex today. But I imagine that is due to throwing 2 picks and a fumble early in the game and getting his @$$ handed to him by the opposing Defense. Hell that ONE play where the Defense was on him before he cleared the RB should speak volumes to how crazy bad the Line was today.

You CAN'T blame that on ANY QB. Fisher damned the torpedoes and went full steam ahead because Alex was having a pretty solid game up to that point.

Yeah yeah, "solid?", I know he had a pick. Big whup. Crabtree deflected the ball trying to make the play. Which is great an all but it was a Rookie mistake. One that Camp and Preseason probably would have negated.

It's hysterical how many people are crawling out of the woodwork wanting Smith to be benched. Nevermind that it was not all on him. I don't believe that I need to go through every bit and point out how little help Smith got from his unit today short of Crabs, Hill, Davis and Gore. Oh and Walker who I hope is not hurt seriously. We need him. I'm starting to wish that we never signed Norris back and just took the chance and converted MRob to FB. to back up Walker who I feel is better suited to be a full time FB than an HB. His skill set is alot like Rathman's when the latter played for this team.

The point is I don't HAVE to be Chicken Little here. We have enough of you as it is. I'd rather point out all the issues than leveling the finger at one person like they were solely responsible for this clustertruck.

Understand?

~Ceadder

Hard counting
Make a couple of nice throws here and there

Is that enough to win a game? Come on now. When the pressure is on Alex folds. That's what separated the elite QB's from the average. In Alex's case below average. I'm sorry I'm not into moral victories or have any patience left with 5 year QB. He was given a second chance and has done nothing with it. Do you even remember the last he's won a game?
Alexcuses

Peace.

~Ceadder

Too funny.

~Ceadder

Understand?

~Ceadder

Hard counting
Make a couple of nice throws here and there

Is that enough to win a game? Come on now. When the pressure is on Alex folds. That's what separated the elite QB's from the average. In Alex's case below average. I'm sorry I'm not into moral victories or have any patience left with 5 year QB. He was given a second chance and has done nothing with it. Do you even remember the last he's won a game?

I'm going to stop now. You are dead set against any positives and the negatives are so blinding to you that you can't help but keep looking at them. Which means you're nit picking to the nth degree. It's obvious that I can't have this conversation with you when you're unwilling to see the whole picture.

I do see the whole picture. As I've pointed out NUMEROUS times in this thread since the game ended.

But to be fair I'll list them off again.

OLine. This is the first order of business. They have to protect WHOEVER is back there. If they can't then it doesn't matter.

Receivers. Changes need to be made here and drastic ones it seems. Maybe Lelie is available. Who knows. All I do know is there were way too many dropped passes today. It's like Darrell Jackson infected this team with bad hands. This is akin to the N1H1 virus.

I think that if these two issues are addressed then Sullivan needs to go as well and bring someone else in that can coach a Receiver. Cause Sully sure as hell can't.

Then if we still have issues at QB we'll know for certain that Smith is not the guy and that the team did EVERYTHING to help him succeed.

You can point to 10 negative things and I can point to 10 or more positive things. Neither side proves squat other than there are more issues than just QB.

That's just reality. Not sympathy.

~Ceadder
Alex still sucks yet he still has fans. Nothing new in niner talk.
Originally posted by fister30:

Pay close attention to the information I am going to post in a few minutes.

If you're half as unbiased as you proclaim then you should be willing to give Smith some time.

~Ceadder
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by fister30:

Pay close attention to the information I am going to post in a few minutes.

If you're half as unbiased as you proclaim then you should be willing to give Smith some time.

~Ceadder

You're right. 4 years wasnt enough. Lets give him 4 more.
Share 49ersWebzone