LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Let us not forget that after this game is over, we have to play another game in 4 days
Originally posted by TitanicSpeed28:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by maximill15:
I wish kerry Collins were still the Qb! I think Vince gives them a better chance to win! He seems to make plays and finds ways to win games!

finds ways to win?? If that were the case he would have never been benched. If I remember correctly Shaun Hill found ways to win as well

The guy is 20-11 as a starter...cant argue with that.

Yeah on a team that had a prime Vanden Bosch, had Albert Haynesworth, a good OL, etc. He had a lot more around him than a guy like Aaron Rodgers does as far as Defense and OL, but are you going to say VY is better than Rodgers too?
I wish kerry Collins were still the Qb! I think Vince gives them a better chance to win! He seems to make plays and finds ways to win games!

finds ways to win?? If that were the case he would have never been benched. If I remember correctly Shaun Hill found ways to win as well

No. Vince Young finds ways not to lose.

-9fA
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by prime21:
I like the predictions, except for one thing, we beat the f**k!ng Eagles!!!!Niners are back in the house BAYBAY!!!!!!!!

Niners have dropped 3 in a row baybay!

All our losses were against high powered teams, and except for the Falcons game, we couldve had each one. lost by 4 to a Favre miracle, by three to the Texans, and four to the Colts. these are moral losses, not season killers, all we have to do is BEAT THE CARDINALS!!!!!!and improve in time for the playoffs.

No the defense at the time was 20-11 while he was a starter. V. Young didn't win those games he just didn't screw things up and lose and allowed the defense to win them for him
I like the predictions, except for one thing, we beat the f**k!ng Eagles!!!!Niners are back in the house BAYBAY!!!!!!!!

All our losses were against high powered teams, and except for the Falcons game, we couldve had each one. lost by 4 to a Favre miracle, by three to the Texans, and four to the Colts. these are moral losses, not season killers, all we have to do is BEAT THE CARDINALS!!!!!!and improve in time for the playoffs.

By the same notion, you could say that all the teams we've beaten haven't been all that great either, with a 7-15 combined record and all of them within our own division.

We need to WIN those games that are close. That's the way to make the playoffs. I am not feeling "moral" victories after 7 losing seasons. It's time to win and this is our year to take down a weak division. And if we get OL/pass rush in offseason (thru FA/Draft) I see no reason why we can't reign supreme in this division for years to come.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

No. Vince Young finds ways not to lose.

-9fA

Vince Young

33 ints and 12 career fumbles, hes lucky to have the record he has, i would say the Titans won inspite of Vince Young, his defense bailed him out of a lot of s**t, and for whatever reason that titans d is not the same

i think we win a close a game
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Smith needs to really DOMINATE the Titans game. I wanna see Smith put up big numbers and destroy them early. Frankly, I think this is Smith's "coming out" game. The Colts was a freebie and most people expected a WORSE game than what we put up.

Smith has no excuse this game. 32nd ranked pass defense, etc etc. He needs to stamp his name all over the Titans. Even if he doesnt blow it up, I wanna see, 60% or better, 200 yards or more and 1 TD. NO INTS.

I agree with this fair expectation.

But I want to add, that I also expect the defense to score in this game, I don't know who will step up, but I can already see Vince Young getting totally owned by the defense.

Agreed. I hope Raye opens up the playbook EARLY. Why cant we be up 21-0 at the half???? We can. We have the guys to do it finally. Its like we DONT want to win.

Our coaches, as "smash mouth, punch them in the face" as they are...seem to lack a killer instinct. Just go out there and madden their a$$es up.

Everyone is all on about Raye and why cant he open it up and making sure Smith has a statistical big game. Noone mentions that our two starting Ts are out for 6 weeks or longer. the fact that taking away the three 60+ yard runs, we avg 2.7 yards per carry, the fact that our QBs have been dropped 22 times through 7 games. You guys are dreaming if you think well be opening it up like that. Coach sees that and he alluded as much in his presser.

If you guys are hoping to see a much more open passing attack you guys are going to be sorely sorely dissapointed...unless Snyder and Sims turn into pretty good tackles, Rachal finally wakes up and Baas can get his head out his ass. I dont have that confidence...do you?

I actually thought the O-line did a decent job pass blocking against the Colts. (decent for us anyway)

I was surprised we didn't see more hurry-up in the 2nd half. Worked pretty good in the 2 min drill before halftime.
And your reason for not having a more wide open passing game is legit. But having a sub-par O-line hurts the running game too, yet Raye hasn't stopped running up the gut for little to no gain. Most of us just want to try something different.

Running up the gut for little to no gain isnt nearly as costly as letting Rocky Bernard rip through and land on ur QBs shoulder. Thats my whole point. I dont think that Raye doesnt call the spread offense just because him and Coach dont like it. I think its because they have little to no confidence in our Oline to protect our guy back there.

People keep pointing to Rodgers and Big Ben but those guys have 4000 yard seasons under their belt. their confidence levels are high their rapport with their recievers is there. With Smith throw him in the spread. our rookie reciever messes up, our makeshift Oline misses blocks and next thing you know.."ALEX SMITH IS BUST #1!^@ AARGGGHH".

I'm not advocating that Smith should throw even more. What I'm saying is Raye should try running the ball from other formations. Try running to the outside, to get Gore out behind those big WRs we have. Try spreading out the D and THEN run the ball. Go to a hurry up offense like we saw before halftime. DO SOMETHING BESIDES THAT GOD AWFUL INSIDE RUN.
I'm so tired of seeing Gore get stuffed at the line in that 2 TE formation Raye uses to death. Or in the more traditional 2 back set, when Norris is on the field, it's a pretty safe bet that the ball is going up the middle. With the offense being so predictable, the O-line has ZERO chance of opening up running lanes.

The running game is killing this offense and our season. We can expect another LOSS if something doesn't change
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

No the defense at the time was 20-11 while he was a starter. V. Young didn't win those games he just didn't screw things up and lose and allowed the defense to win them for him

False. Vy won 3 of those game at the end, 2 of which against Houston. Trust me I have enough Texans friends that still talk about it. People who say he can't throw haven't watched him. He can, he just makes bad decisions on occasion, but physically he absolutely can throw. No one mentions he's had the worst WR core since he came in the league, Collins didn't fare much better, stat-wise. Their Oline didn't suddenly get terrible and our pass rush scares no one, esp a mobile QB. I don't get what Niner fans have seen this season to think we can talk s**t to anyone. The only team I take lightly is the rams.

very nervous about this game

I have a feeling we are going to keep trying to run

and this will keep the titans in the game (until the forge ahead)
Originally posted by TX9R:

False. Vy won 3 of those game at the end, 2 of which against Houston. Trust me I have enough Texans friends that still talk about it. People who say he can't throw haven't watched him. He can, he just makes bad decisions on occasion, but physically he absolutely can throw. No one mentions he's had the worst WR core since he came in the league, Collins didn't fare much better, stat-wise. Their Oline didn't suddenly get terrible and our pass rush scares no one, esp a mobile QB. I don't get what Niner fans have seen this season to think we can talk s**t to anyone. The only team I take lightly is the rams.

oh I am sorry, then the defense is 17-11 when V. Young starts

I think Vince was benched for the reasons involving his state of mind at the time more than his play. I think he really got wore out early in his career. He seems refreshed now.

CJ is scary good you guys. Everyone talks about Peterson but CJ is just as dangerous.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

People said the same thing about Orton. Then he went to Denver and got some weapons, now all of the sudden he's good. There's something to be said about not losing games when you have minimal offense talent to help, regardless of how good your defense is. You wouldn't be a USC fan would you?

People said the same thing about Orton. Then he went to Denver and got some weapons, now all of the sudden he's good. There's something to be said about not losing games when you have minimal offense talent to help, regardless of how good your defense is. You wouldn't be a USC fan would you?

And again Orton has a top NFL defense keeping him afloat.
Share 49ersWebzone