LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm usually skeptical about winning games but we are gonna beat the living s**t out of the Titans on Sunday.

JUST WAIT AND SEE!
Defense please read and react to screen plays. Please they should really send the house at VY. Titans Wr's shouldn't beat the Niners CB's.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I'm usually skeptical about winning games but we are gonna beat the living s**t out of the Titans on Sunday.

JUST WAIT AND SEE!

Time for T.Brown to step it up.
I forgot we were playing Vince Young. That makes me feel better about our secondary. I only worry that Chris Johnson will be in rare form like last week.
  • TitanicSpeed28
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Rankings for pass defense:
Colts - 5
Titans - 32

You do realize that we played the Colts and the Patriots in consecutive games without our number 1, 2, or 3 corner backs, right? We we're starting 2 rookies, both drafted later then the 3rd round. How would anyones pass defense stats look when 1/3 of your games are played under those conditions? We got Courtland Finnegan and Vincent Fuller (our nickel back, who was also injured) back this week and our defense looked much better.

I think this could be a good matchup. I see that many of you are under-hyping VY and overhyping Alex Smith. Both these QB's have had similar issues in their careers thus far. I don't know why you think all of a sudden Smith is the 'real deal' and VY is just an interception waiting to happen. Vince brings a certain dynamic to the game...he will force your defense to play honest and not rush downhill (like you love to do) so often. This opens up running and passing lanes for CJ and our receivers. If he can perform like he did against Jacksonville (a terrible team, but still a division rival) then I think we have a legit shot.

The real matchup here is CJ vs your stout rushing defense. If CJ breaks 100 yards and scores then you may be in trouble, guys. That will mean we're controlling the clock all right and keeping your offense off the field. And I think our team is definitely better then a 1-6 record suggests. We played 4 of the hottest teams in the NFL in our first 6 games, and got very banged up in the process.

Right now I predict a 28-20 win for the good guys.
Originally posted by TitanicSpeed28:
Colts - 5
Titans - 32

You do realize that we played the Colts and the Patriots in consecutive games without our number 1, 2, or 3 corner backs, right? We we're starting 2 rookies, both drafted later then the 3rd round. How would anyones pass defense stats look when 1/3 of your games are played under those conditions?
We got Courtland Finnegan and Vincent Fuller (our nickel back, who was also injured) back this week and our defense looked much better.

I think this could be a good matchup. I see that many of you are under-hyping VY and overhyping Alex Smith. Both these QB's have had similar issues in their careers thus far. I don't know why you think all of a sudden Smith is the 'real deal' and VY is just an interception waiting to happen. Vince brings a certain dynamic to the game...he will force your defense to play honest and not rush downhill (like you love to do) so often. This opens up running and passing lanes for CJ and our receivers. If he can perform like he did against Jacksonville (a terrible team, but still a division rival) then I think we have a legit shot.

The real matchup here is CJ vs your stout rushing defense. If CJ breaks 100 yards and scores then you may be in trouble, guys. That will mean we're controlling the clock all right and keeping your offense off the field. And I think our team is definitely better then a 1-6 record suggests. We played 4 of the hottest teams in the NFL in our first 6 games, and got very banged up in the process.

so whats your excuse all the other weeks of the year when Roethlisberger threw for 363, or when Schaub threw for 359 and even garrard threw for 323 as a matter of fact you have only 2 games when the opposing QB didnt throw for over 300 yards and that was your last game and the game against the Jets.
Colts - 5
Titans - 32

You do realize that we played the Colts and the Patriots in consecutive games without our number 1, 2, or 3 corner backs, right? We we're starting 2 rookies, both drafted later then the 3rd round. How would anyones pass defense stats look when 1/3 of your games are played under those conditions? We got Courtland Finnegan and Vincent Fuller (our nickel back, who was also injured) back this week and our defense looked much better.

Even the Titan fans know they cant win
I wish kerry Collins were still the Qb! I think Vince gives them a better chance to win! He seems to make plays and finds ways to win games!
Originally posted by maximill15:
I wish kerry Collins were still the Qb! I think Vince gives them a better chance to win! He seems to make plays and finds ways to win games!

f**k vince young

finds ways to win?? If that were the case he would have never been benched. If I remember correctly Shaun Hill found ways to win as well

• TitanicSpeed28
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by backontop:

finds ways to win?? If that were the case he would have never been benched. If I remember correctly Shaun Hill found ways to win as well

The guy is 20-11 as a starter...cant argue with that.
Originally posted by backontop:

I can't believe it took the Titans so long to put him in, after the 4th loss I would have been begging for Young if I were a Titans fan
Colts - 5
Titans - 32

Yeah we are hyping up Smith, he has played pretty damn well since he came back. Is he Peyton? No but he's better than the guy we had(Hill) and he's been able to escape some sacks and make a lot of nice throws. I see why you would be hyped about Vince because he can run but Smith is a better passing QB.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not underestimating the Titans I already said they're not your typical 1-6 team. But a team is what the record says it is, yeah you played Pittsburgh well and you played Indy and NY, etc. We played AZ and beat them on the road, our other 2 wins are vs crappy teams but we should've beat the Vikings who just pulverized the packers twice, we should've beat the Colts, and had we not started Hill we could've beat the Texans. End of the day we have reasons to be encouraged but we are still 3-4 right now. Excuses are excuses. All of your DBs were banged up, that's unfortunate but we're missing our starting OTs, one of our top 3 CBs(Nate would've been the nickel now), we lost our SS for a week and a half with 3rd concussion, etc. You got roasted by Indy, and we almost beat them at their place, and one of our DBs missed most of that game and will the next 6 weeks(and don't get me started how Clements got demoted because he shutdown Fitz, Housh, Andre Johnson, he was playing well). We bottled up Adrian Peterson pretty well too.

I'm confident because our offense should pick up with more continuity between the QB and recievers, its a home game, our D has stopped other good running backs. But I'm not like ZOMG the Titans suck. This is our board, we have a reason to be optomistic.
Without question the biggest game of the season thus far for the team. We were expected to lose to Houston and Indy but now we are favorites at home in a game we have to win.

I wont say the season is over if we lose but making the playoffs after a 3-5 start is going to be almost impossible in my eyes. This is where Smith needs to step up and show everyone that he is our QB of the present and future.

I think its a FG game and much closer than most in here think. Niners win by 3.
I've been worried about this game since the beginning of the season, at first because they were so good last near, but now because they're still a dangerous team that is getting hot.

If we lose, we're done.
Share 49ersWebzone