LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1 9/13 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 14 - 12 W CBS
2 9/21 @ Miami Dolphins 27 - 23 W ESPN/MyINDY
3 9/27 @ Arizona Cardinals 31 - 10 W NBC
4 10/4 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 34 - 17 W FOX
5 10/11 @ Tennessee Titans 31 - 9 W NBC
6 10/18 BYE - none
7 10/25 @ St. Louis Rams 42 - 6 W

Who have they played that makes you say wow they are a great team? They don't scare me at all and I think we have a legitimate shot at this game. We will arguably be the best team they have faced to this point. And we have the same 3 wins against common opponents. If we had that schedule we would be 5-1 at worst with a loss to maybe only Miami.

I say bring them on, Pffft they haven't played anyone!
[ Edited by MadMartz on Oct 27, 2009 at 10:53 PM ]
Originally posted by MadMartz:
They don't scare me at all

Manning is good.
Originally posted by TheNaitch:

Manning is good.

Yes he is, So!
Originally posted by TheNaitch:

Manning is good.

Yes he is, So!

So, Manning is good.
no
they can if we win the turnover battle... and speaking of battle -- he better not be catching punts!!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
no

Yes! Your crow awaits you!
the niners will have to play out of their minds to win this. It can be done, but i don't expect it. Mainly looking for offensive progress.
i wish we would get the ball first and score and pretty much just DGAF the whole game because what do we have to lose...its not like anybody expects a win anyways...

Go Niners!!!
Strangely enough, I feel the same way. Alex is still fresh and ready to kick butt.

We can win this game. But we'll have to get to Manning a few times to do it.

The problem is not who they have played.

Manning throws perfect passes regardless of who he is playing.

He also doesn't need much time, he usually gets rid of the ball before the defenders even have a chance to get into the pocket.

As long as his linemen hold up their man for 2 seconds, that is all the time he needs to throw a perfect pass.

Sure we can beat them, but Manning will have to have some FAST pressure in his face for it to happen.
i like our matchups against the colts better than the texans. dallas clark is the biggest threat in my eyes. reggie wayne is good, but he'll be doubled and taken out of the game like andre johnson
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Strangely enough, I feel the same way. Alex is still fresh and ready to kick butt.

We can win this game. But we'll have to get to Manning a few times to do it.

He's only been sacked 2 times all year, so I won't expect much in the sack department. We just have to keep everything in front of us and make sure that we at least put pressure on him. Hopefully he makes a bad decision or two.
Alex Smith's first start was against the Colts in 2005. Four years later he takes the controls again against the same team. Oh the IRONY!
  • SF4916
  • Info N/A
Turnovers will be key. If it wasn't for the muffed punt, we could have beaten Houston.

The Niners need to play a perfect game to win, unfortunately.
Share 49ersWebzone