LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 199 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AKfanster:
What's the word on the starting O-line with Pashos out?

I'd almost rather see Sims starting at RT just so we can keep Snyder at RG. I don't think Snyder would do well going against Freeney or Mathis out in space at RT.....Not that Sims would do much better........ I'd rather see Snyder start over Rachal, I don't want Rachal to let someone go all Rocky Bernard on Alex this week.
The O-line played OK in the 2nd half last week, hopefully they can keep getting better.

Staley
Baas
Heitmann
Snyder
Sims

I'm predicting Sims will have atleast 2 false starts, and have one big play called back for holding.

Come on Niners, if there was ever a time to shock the NFL it would be this Sunday. (Well, at least since Montana did it)
If the defense can pressure Manning up the middle it can help a lot to disrupt Manning.

Blitz Willis.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If the defense can pressure Manning up the middle it can help a lot to disrupt Manning.

Blitz Willis.

Completely agree there. Blitz Willis like crazy!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I think there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people in here when they see Alex play the Colts.

I'm not expecting much, but I'm hoping for the best. I say 16/30 198yds 1TD 2INT

Please prove me wrong, Alex.

Those numbers are still better than what Shaun Hill could put up, especially against that secondary.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I think we have a shot. Everyone is writing off the 49ers, but I seriously think we're going to give the Colts a run for their money.

Look at the teams the Colts have beaten:

Jaguars
Dolphins
Cardinals
Seahawks
Titans
Rams

The Rams and Titans are winless. Even we blew out the Rams, so the Colts definitely should've blown them out. They beat the Cardinals pretty good, but the Cardinals weren't at their best at that time.

The two decent teams they've played (Dolphins and Jaguars), actually put up a pretty good fight. The Colts barely beat the Jaguars, 14-12, and narrowly escaped the Dolphins, 27-23, in a game that most people feel the Dolphins should've won.

When you look at it, the 49ers are actually their biggest test of the season thus far. I think we'll be up to the challenge and it should be a closer game than most people expect. We just need to get Gore going. This should make Alex's job much easier. Their run defense is suspect, so this game could be had. It'll be won or lost in the trenches. The OL and DL absolutely must have solid games.

Stranger things have happened this year.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:47 PM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Blitz Willis.

Completely agree there. Blitz Willis like crazy!

So I have to agree, as much as the offense needs to step it up this week, it is just as important that we keep Indy somewhat in check. With that said I do believe the best way to attack Peyton would be to do it from the inside. Willis can be an unstoppable force if game planning correctly and think this can be done if we play mostly a Nickle or Dime this week. D Clark needs to be covered by a DB all day to be kept in check or run 3 DL and 3 LB's and 5 DB's. It's gonna take a hell of a good game plan to hold this offense down playing at home.

On offense with Alex at QB we just need to mix in the spread or 3 to 4 WR sets along with the same base offense Hill ran and be successful from those different formations to win and constantly keep Indy on their toes. It can be done.... and WOW it would be amazing to watch. IF we win the stats will reflect some of our skilled players best statistical days EVER!!! It would have to go down that way to even consider a W!!! ....... But not impossible...
34-14 Colts.

You can say thats not what a fan would say. We haven't had a solid pass rush. FOR US TO WIN - Gore has to have over 150 yards rushing.
Originally posted by B650:
I think we have a shot. Everyone is writing off the 49ers, but I seriously think we're going to give the Colts a run for their money.

Jaguars
Dolphins
Cardinals
Seahawks
Titans
Rams

The Rams and Titans are winless. Even we blew out the Rams, so the Colts definitely should've blown them out. They beat the Cardinals pretty good, but the Cardinals weren't at their best at that time.

The two decent teams they've played (Dolphins and Jaguars), actually put up a pretty good fight. The Colts barely beat the Jaguars, 14-12, and narrowly escaped the Dolphins, 27-23, in a game that most people feel the Dolphins should've won.

When you look at it, the 49ers are actually their biggest test of the season thus far. I think we'll be up to the challenge and it should be a closer game than most people expect. We just need to get Gore going. This should make Alex's job much easier. Their run defense is suspect, so this game could be had. It'll be won or lost in the trenches. The OL and DL absolutely must have solid games.

I really think our offense is hungry and we left that game with a lot left in the tank on both sides of the ball.

It will be interesting to see our offense start out aggressive and if we are successful, our defense will feed off of that and I think if we take Indy out of the tempo of their game it can be very close till the end....... but we have to keep scoring to make them feel the pressure and HOPEFULLY we can get Peyton to make a mistake or too. But agree that this could be their biggest test if Alex and Co. make it tough on their defense this week.

I think we have the stronger D and REALLY need to make a statement this week!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by loyal9er:

Jaguars
Dolphins
Cardinals
Seahawks
Titans
Rams

I really think our offense is hungry and we left that game with a lot left in the tank on both sides of the ball.

It will be interesting to see our offense start out aggressive and if we are successful, our defense will feed off of that and I think if we take Indy out of the tempo of their game it can be very close till the end....... but we have to keep scoring to make them feel the pressure and HOPEFULLY we can get Peyton to make a mistake or too. But agree that this could be their biggest test if Alex and Co. make it tough on their defense this week.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=291101011&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fscouting%3fgameId%3d291101011.

Someone agrees with you, in part. I find it hard to believe that we have a better DL than Indianapolis, but that's what the article says.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 27, 2009 at 10:05 PM ]

Jaguars
Dolphins
Cardinals
Seahawks
Titans
Rams

ESPN seems to agree, in part. They actually think we have the better DL. I'm not so sure, but that's what ESPN thinks. They also said we have the better ST too, which again, I'm not so sure of.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=291101011&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fscouting%3fgameId%3d291101011.

Indy has always had terrible special teams... but there's no way we have a better DL against Freeney/Mathis. We do have a much better run stuffing defense though.
I hope we win the coin toss, I want to score first.
Originally posted by dhp318:

Jaguars
Dolphins
Cardinals
Seahawks
Titans
Rams

ESPN seems to agree, in part. They actually think we have the better DL. I'm not so sure, but that's what ESPN thinks. They also said we have the better ST too, which again, I'm not so sure of.

Indy has always had terrible special teams... but there's no way we have a better DL against Freeney/Mathis. We do have a much better run stuffing defense though.

When considering Indy's names on the DL their are two that stand out but Staley has done an excellent job with strong DE's. We could be more exposed with Mathis but when looking at our side J Smith is an over achiever and has played huge this year. Franklin has been above average and Soap has been at worst average to strong at times. We have a strong rotation to give some guys a rest. I've had no complaints about the DL play this year and think we will hold their running game in check.
I think we at least deflated the Colts' hopes of snuffing us out earlier than they had imagined by sticking 8 in the box to shut Shaun Hill and the run down before halftime.

If we play spread offense and our line at least gives Alex the amount of time he had during the Texans game to release the ball then I'd say we have a chance to be the first competitive team they've faced all season.

Seriously, with Alex in, Crabs, Davis, and the rest of our receivers will use their talent to put distance between themselves to find open spaces downfield. Davis and Crabs alone give us more intangibles to make this a dangerous passing offense.
Any takers when troll Colts fans will show up on the webzone?
Share 49ersWebzone