There are 213 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All I got to say is that the offense has got to help the defense out when the defense plays great all game.

The defense is holding their end of the deal. Its time for the offense to step up.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We played one of the best teams in the NFL without our best linemen and held Peyton without a touchdown, what part of that is so hard to be happy about? When Staley went down, I wasn't expecting his replacement to play as well as he did, what we do know is OL is a glaring need on this team, especially the right side. A win would have been nice, but we have many more games that are very winnable down the stretch. I think the team played hard and fought the whole game, much better than anything we ever saw under Nolan. You guys just need to quit taking it so hard, we did better than I expected today for sure, I thought for sure our defense would give up at least 2-3 touchdowns, we only gave up one on a trick play.

Exactly I don't know why people are mad? We were not expected to win this game. We played great!

The reason I'm upset is because we've had quite a few seasons of these "feel good" losses. This game was winnable today and should've been won but offensive playcalling lost it - well, mostly at least.

There is no point in playing as hard and as tough as they did only to fail. I'm sick of watching this team (this is the third time now) come within a RCH of beating good teams and falling short. If you aren't annoyed by that then I wish I had the patience you do.

Oh I'm annoyed....just not jumping full force onto the blame-game banwagon like so many zoners do.

There are some things the coaching staff needs to learn from this game. I have to say that they prepared well for the most part to face the best team in the league imo.

Let's move onto the Titans and their garbage pass defense. I'm ready.

The game is won and lost by the team but I just don't get the offensive play calling at times. They seem to shy away from what is successful - why...a rhetorical question of course.

I just want to see this team win games like this. They player hard and the defense did an awesome job containing the Colts offense only to fall four points short.

Oh well...bring on the Titans!
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by King49er:
49ers suck

you dont know much about football. maybe you shouldnt post on this site anymore.

They do suck. We lost 3 in a row even after a bye week! WE SUCK!

did you watch the game today?

we played outstanding...

Did you watch the game? We lost.

we played the best team in football. did you really expect to win? theres so many adult babies on this board crying, kicking, and screaming about how were horrible. shut up.

i have to be embarrassed for you apparently.

Go ahead and feel good about these moral victories. We lost the game based on playcalling ONCE AGAIN! We are now out of the playoff picture if Arizona wins today.

WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! WHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

if you expected to win this game, you know nothing about football.

Take a minute to read what you're saying.

take a minute to realize youre pouting like a little kid who lost his little league game.

we played the best team in football harder than anyone has all season. 3 sacks on manning, when he was only sacked twice all year. we forced more 3-and-outs than any other team, and if it wasnt for a RB td pass, we would have won.

we played a great game. i was expecting to lose 31-13. the season is far from over. this was a L on our schedule from the day it came out. shut your mouth and dry your tears. youre embarrassing yourself.

I don't know. I'd say your actually the one embarrassing yourself. Your painting a perfect portrait of a loser. No one goes into a game knowing its going to be a loss, thats why people watch/play sports.

yeah, its not the people whining and stomping their foot about how were a horrible football team because we lost to the NFL's best team by 4 pts. no, its me, whos telling them to quiet down and realize theres many games left, and we played well for what we were supposed to do.

yeah, thats it. IM the one out of line here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Glad to see everyone is in a agreement that Raye's play calling sucked.

The playcalling wasn't great, but people are forgetting we were working with a mediocre offensive line with no Pashos and staley.

I agree, more quick passes and screens to open up the run would have been great too. Blame goes like this for today's loss:

Raye
Snyder
Brandon Jones
Titans better be a win, by a lot.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I think Alex played well enough but he could do better. The drive before the half was a thing of beauty. Easily one of Smiths best drives. But in the second half he has some really nice throws mixed with a few high sailing throws. Smith just needs to stay calm and put the ball in the right place. It's those three or four throws in the second half that make all the difference.

That said I think he played decent considering who we played.

I agree Smith missed some throws but he played much better than alot here hoped, but this loss is on Singletary and his conservative philosophy IMO , I don't think anyone should be fired, I just don't understand how you deliberately hamstring your offense with scattershot conservative playcalling
49ers suck

you dont know much about football. maybe you shouldnt post on this site anymore.

we played outstanding...

we played the best team in football. did you really expect to win? theres so many adult babies on this board crying, kicking, and screaming about how were horrible. shut up.

Go ahead and feel good about these moral victories. We lost the game based on playcalling ONCE AGAIN! We are now out of the playoff picture if Arizona wins today.

take a minute to realize youre pouting like a little kid who lost his little league game.

we played the best team in football harder than anyone has all season. 3 sacks on manning, when he was only sacked twice all year. we forced more 3-and-outs than any other team, and if it wasnt for a RB td pass, we would have won.

we played a great game. i was expecting to lose 31-13. the season is far from over. this was a L on our schedule from the day it came out. shut your mouth and dry your tears. youre embarrassing yourself.

I don't know. I'd say your actually the one embarrassing yourself. Your painting a perfect portrait of a loser. No one goes into a game knowing its going to be a loss, thats why people watch/play sports.

yeah, its not the people whining and stomping their foot about how were a horrible football team because we lost to the NFL's best team by 4 pts. no, its me, whos telling them to quiet down and realize theres many games left, and we played well for what we were supposed to do.

That parts fine but, your moral victory BS is garbage. We lost, great, get over it at this point. But, finding things in the game that we did well does not overcome the fact that the team still lost the game.

The playcalling wasn't great, but people are forgetting we were working with a mediocre offensive line with no Pashos and staley.

I agree, more quick passes and screens to open up the run would have been great too. Blame goes like this for today's loss:

Raye
Snyder
Brandon Jones

I agree on these 3 guys. I also put a little blame on Sing too, mostly for the fact that one of our supposed best D players is returning punts. I'm sorry, but i don't believe a starter should be receiving punts (injuries...hello!!).

Raye
Snyder
Brandon Jones

Gotta add in everybody who involved in the Post VD touchdown celebration that allowed Indy to score just before the half.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hey at least we didn't get blown out.

Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We played one of the best teams in the NFL without our best linemen and held Peyton without a touchdown, what part of that is so hard to be happy about? When Staley went down, I wasn't expecting his replacement to play as well as he did, what we do know is OL is a glaring need on this team, especially the right side. A win would have been nice, but we have many more games that are very winnable down the stretch. I think the team played hard and fought the whole game, much better than anything we ever saw under Nolan. You guys just need to quit taking it so hard, we did better than I expected today for sure, I thought for sure our defense would give up at least 2-3 touchdowns, we only gave up one on a trick play.

With a QB making his first start in how long? And a #1 WR making his second start, ever? And a starting LT who goes out on the first play?

Those calling for Singletary and Raye to get fired over this game need to step back and think about what they're saying.

How about giving the O a little time to gel. This was a game on the road against maybe the best team in the NFL at their homefield.

Its a work in progress, and progress is being made. If you can't see that, you need to rewatch the game. If you can see it but are just frustrated/annoyed/venting, then that's completely understandable, but try to relax a little and show a little patience.

I'm have to disagree. It's not that you dont have valid points, its just that our problem seems to be much more fundamental, specifically the over all philosophy. I love Sing, but if this is the best he can do during game time, he will never take us to the promise land.
We really need to stop getting those small 5 yard penalties that keep our offense in 3rd and long situations. It really allows defenses to crank up the pass rush on us.

I would like to see the 49ers run out of more 3 WR formations, as it spreads out the defense more.

Kudos to the defense for not allowing Manning a TD toss.

If we don't win the next couple games the draft watch will officially begin, and I'm starting to hate the draft and top 10 picks. I want the 32nd pick.
49ers suck

we played outstanding...

That parts fine but, your moral victory BS is garbage. We lost, great, get over it at this point. But, finding things in the game that we did well does not overcome the fact that the team still lost the game.

when did i say "moral victory"? point out one time i said that. i never did. i said "we played them hard". we lost, but at least we kept it close. when you lose, you can either pout about it and be a grouch all day, or you can say "hey, at least we played them hard. we played the colts tougher than anyone this season, and theyre the AFC super bowl contender".

then you move on to next week. i understand a loss is a loss, but we lost. no amount of complaining, cursing, and pessimism can change it to a W. so why bother? if we played like crap, id be more inclined to be upset, but we played them really tough.
some of smith's passes are sailing on him. Hopefully it's just rust and not actually general inaccuracy. I realize it's a breath of fresh air from Shaun Hill, but don't give Alex a free pass either.
Loss is on Raye. After a magnificent 2 minute drill, we returned to the i-form and idiotic playcalling for much of the 2nd half, particularly the 3rd quarter before the Colts got their TD. Consecutive runs and the FB dive on 2nd and long is just ridiculous. Smith played well, I thought, and gives the O so much more than Hill ever did.

Against arguably the best team in the league, we held our own. Smith looks like a different player from several years ago and has a bright future. Davis continues to perform--funny how we stopped going to him in the 2nd half, Raye--and Crabs continues to impress. Sure, he made a couple mistakes but his overall play more than makes up for it. Love how he goes up and makes the tough grabs. Also, Bruce needs to go. So many drops.

In short, would of had the win if not for BS playcalling. With Smith, though, we've got a chance at the playoffs still.
Share 49ersWebzone