There are 625 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 7)

Originally posted by Peanut49:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Stop trying to "outfan" each other. We're all fans, or we wouldn't be here. Comment on the game, or get out of the thread.

This was a great game. People forget since the start of the season and especially in the last 2 weeks everyone wrote this off as a lost. Now a lot of us are mad, because we could have easily won this. I think there would be less hate if we just got blown out. Smith looks comfortable and a good fit in the offense(more spread plz tho). Crabtree did okay minus the 2 drops(?) and 1 for the int. Defense looked amazing given the fact Indy had more pts by half than they did all day + they were at home. Overall I'm excited for what the rest of the season holds.

But we also lost games we should have won.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
brandon jones really screwed us over

I wouldn't want to over react or over state it... but I think that he single handedly ruined our season today.
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We played one of the best teams in the NFL without our best linemen and held Peyton without a touchdown, what part of that is so hard to be happy about? When Staley went down, I wasn't expecting his replacement to play as well as he did, what we do know is OL is a glaring need on this team, especially the right side. A win would have been nice, but we have many more games that are very winnable down the stretch. I think the team played hard and fought the whole game, much better than anything we ever saw under Nolan. You guys just need to quit taking it so hard, we did better than I expected today for sure, I thought for sure our defense would give up at least 2-3 touchdowns, we only gave up one on a trick play.

It's hard to be happy when it's not a W.

I agree completely, but given the circumstances, our team played really good. Would a win have been better, hell yes, but we hung with what I think is one of the best teams in the NFL for the whole game, and held the best QB in the league out of the end zone for 60 minutes. If we have a better offensive line, we win that game. At least it looks like now we get to spend the draft picks next year on OL and safety.
make the pain go away
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by King49er:
49ers suck

you dont know much about football. maybe you shouldnt post on this site anymore.

They do suck. We lost 3 in a row even after a bye week! WE SUCK!

did you watch the game today?

we played outstanding...

Did you watch the game? We lost.

To a team that's 7-0. Some of you people need to get MRIs. Get your brains checked out.

I don't understand some of you... why did you watch the game if you knew we were going to lose?

Crabtree and Gore were the only ones who played well in this game... everyone else let the team down. Yes that includes alex smith... 2 games he could have led us to a comeback win and didn't. He is better than Hill but we still obviously have not found a QB.

Alex was on his way to lead us to victory until a Freeney happened and our O-Line blew up. Dude has 2 seconds to throw on most plays

This loss falls on the shoulders of Jimmy Rayes stupid ass play calls.

We can throw the ball so why don't we actually start

spread the offense and run out of that
The Colts, Patriots and i whole bunch of other teams do.
Why can't we

Stupid fat old guy doesn't know how to call a game. the Passing play isn't for 3rd down only you butt hole
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by carl:
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I JUST DONT KNOW WHY RAYE DOESNT PUT ALEX IN THE SHOTGUN AND SPREAD IT OUT ON OUR LAST DRIVE WHAT THE f**k!!! im so pissed off at our gameplanning... it's unblelievable. it's truly unbelievable. and our O-Line is terrible also

Singletary will be imposing his will on the unemployment line pretty soon.

It's obvious that Smith is a shotgun spread QB. And we have talented receivers on the team, especially this year. And it's obvious that we can't run block for Gore except for 3 long runs this season, he hasn't done anything memorable.

the thing is... when we were using the spread earlier in the game frank ran easily for 8 yards. i am shocked at how we go AWAY from playcalling that is working and back to the "pound the rock" even though it doesn't work. I'm so frustrated!

But overall, I like how we looked on defense -- they played their hearts out. I'm really sad we have to wait a week to see them play Tennessee

It really is mind boggling , how they can't seem to mix it up it's either pass or run , Singletary needs to take some heat for this one , we'll never know if they could've won because they never tried to win

He wont get heat because he's charismatic and intimidating. I heard he b***h slapped Barrows.

Funny, but seriously he talks the talk but the O is gutless, it's like they can't stand the idea that the team isn't what they want it to be, instead of adapting they keep running out the 1950's playbook after it's clear they can throw the ball, I just don't get it
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
brandon jones really screwed us over

Morgan did too we would be closer to one point !
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
We played one of the best teams in the NFL without our best linemen and held Peyton without a touchdown, what part of that is so hard to be happy about? When Staley went down, I wasn't expecting his replacement to play as well as he did, what we do know is OL is a glaring need on this team, especially the right side. A win would have been nice, but we have many more games that are very winnable down the stretch. I think the team played hard and fought the whole game, much better than anything we ever saw under Nolan. You guys just need to quit taking it so hard, we did better than I expected today for sure, I thought for sure our defense would give up at least 2-3 touchdowns, we only gave up one on a trick play.

Exactly I don't know why people are mad? We were not expected to win this game. We played great!

I'd say it's because WE LOST. All the rest of it is great, but in the end, you play sports to win.

Yep...I don't understand why people are happy we kept it close. This team is good enough to beat the Colts. This team isn't a bottom feeder anymore. Have some faith in the team.
So very frustrated, especially as well as we played for most of the game. Gotta play to Alex's strength which is shotgun spread. I dunno very dissapointed right now
Originally posted by King49er:
49ers suck

you dont know much about football. maybe you shouldnt post on this site anymore.

They do suck. We lost 3 in a row even after a bye week! WE SUCK!

did you watch the game today?

we played outstanding...

Did you watch the game? We lost.

we played the best team in football. did you really expect to win? theres so many adult babies on this board crying, kicking, and screaming about how were horrible. shut up.

i have to be embarrassed for you apparently.

Go ahead and feel good about these moral victories. We lost the game based on playcalling ONCE AGAIN! We are now out of the playoff picture if Arizona wins today.

WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! WHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

if you expected to win this game, you know nothing about football.

Take a minute to read what you're saying.

take a minute to realize youre pouting like a little kid who lost his little league game.

we played the best team in football harder than anyone has all season. 3 sacks on manning, when he was only sacked twice all year. we forced more 3-and-outs than any other team, and if it wasnt for a RB td pass, we would have won.

we played a great game. i was expecting to lose 31-13. the season is far from over. this was a L on our schedule from the day it came out. shut your mouth and dry your tears. youre embarrassing yourself.

Well put.
Fans should be restricted from posting after a loss for about an hour or so, so everyone can get control of their emotions. Otherwise you get what we have here.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Originally posted by 9ermj:
I JUST DONT KNOW WHY RAYE DOESNT PUT ALEX IN THE SHOTGUN AND SPREAD IT OUT ON OUR LAST DRIVE WHAT THE f**k!!! im so pissed off at our gameplanning... it's unblelievable. it's truly unbelievable. and our O-Line is terrible also

Singletary will be imposing his will on the unemployment line pretty soon.

It's obvious that Smith is a shotgun spread QB. And we have talented receivers on the team, especially this year. And it's obvious that we can't run block for Gore except for 3 long runs this season, he hasn't done anything memorable.

the thing is... when we were using the spread earlier in the game frank ran easily for 8 yards. i am shocked at how we go AWAY from playcalling that is working and back to the "pound the rock" even though it doesn't work. I'm so frustrated!

But overall, I like how we looked on defense -- they played their hearts out. I'm really sad we have to wait a week to see them play Tennessee

It really is mind boggling , how they can't seem to mix it up it's either pass or run , Singletary needs to take some heat for this one , we'll never know if they could've won because they never tried to win

He wont get heat because he's charismatic and intimidating. I heard he b***h slapped Barrows.

Seriously?

Oh yeah. Barrows still has the indent on his cheek from the 85 Superbowl ring.
Crabtree is going to be a star, good game from him.

With a QB making his first start in how long? And a #1 WR making his second start, ever? And a starting LT who goes out on the first play?

Those calling for Singletary and Raye to get fired over this game need to step back and think about what they're saying.

How about giving the O a little time to gel. This was a game on the road against maybe the best team in the NFL at their homefield.

Its a work in progress, and progress is being made. If you can't see that, you need to rewatch the game. If you can see it but are just frustrated/annoyed/venting, then that's completely understandable, but try to relax a little and show a little patience.
I think Alex played well enough but he could do better. The drive before the half was a thing of beauty. Easily one of Smiths best drives. But in the second half he has some really nice throws mixed with a few high sailing throws. Smith just needs to stay calm and put the ball in the right place. It's those three or four throws in the second half that make all the difference.

That said I think he played decent considering who we played.