LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Hopefully Alex will play great and everything will take care of itself.

The Cards might be running away with this division if the Panthers don't beat them.

I really don't want to see a losing record again

We need to get pressure on Manning somehow, he has only been snacked twice this year and with all the passing they do that is pretty impressive. If we manage to get pressure and some sacks things could look good, especially if Alex Smith continues to play well and shows them we are capable of passing, that should open things up for Gore.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
1 9/13 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 14 - 12 W CBS 3-3
2 9/21 @ Miami Dolphins 27 - 23 W ESPN/MyINDY 2-4
3 9/27 @ Arizona Cardinals 31 - 10 W NBC 4-3
4 10/4 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 34 - 17 W FOX 2-4
5 10/11 @ Tennessee Titans 31 - 9 W NBC 0-6
6 10/18 BYE - none
7 10/25 @ St. Louis Rams 42 - 6 W 0-7

Who have they played that makes you say wow they are a great team? They don't scare me at all and I think we have a legitimate shot at this game. We will arguably be the best team they have faced to this point. And we have the same 3 wins against common opponents. If we had that schedule we would be 5-1 at worst with a loss to maybe only Miami.

I say bring them on, Pffft they haven't played anyone!

well, the teams indy has defeated are a combined 11-27. Maybe they havent been tested?
1 9/13 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 14 - 12 W CBS
2 9/21 @ Miami Dolphins 27 - 23 W ESPN/MyINDY
3 9/27 @ Arizona Cardinals 31 - 10 W NBC
4 10/4 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 34 - 17 W FOX
5 10/11 @ Tennessee Titans 31 - 9 W NBC
6 10/18 BYE - none
7 10/25 @ St. Louis Rams 42 - 6 W

Who have they played that makes you say wow they are a great team? They don't scare me at all and I think we have a legitimate shot at this game. We will arguably be the best team they have faced to this point. And we have the same 3 wins against common opponents. If we had that schedule we would be 5-1 at worst with a loss to maybe only Miami.

Wit that schedule, i say 6-0 maybe 5-1. NO 6-0 our Run D is so good Miami couldn't move the ball on us.

However, since our running game is bad and the OL, we will have trouble against the 2 DE's not so much their D. Ind D is not good, but their DE's are and our O Tackles are the worst so that will be why we may lose. It sucks because we have the secondary and D to beat them, just our OL is really bad
Do you believe that our secondary can stop Manning? I would love to see us win, but when it comes down to it, I do not believe that our secondary is good enough
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Do you believe that our secondary can stop Manning? I would love to see us win, but when it comes down to it, I do not believe that our secondary is good enough

Our secondary is above average I think. It's putting pressure on Manning that will be the issue.

At least Manning tends to struggle against 3-4 teams historically.
Yes our secondary is that good shut down warner fitz and boldin, shut down johnson and pretty much schaub, basically did good against favre and their wr's until the last play....only 1 bad game.

And given our lack of pressure and help on D i would say our db's are tops. clements spencer and bly make our secondary one of the best.
I think the colts are due for an upset but we will still need to do everything right to beat them. Start with our O-line stopping the passrush of Freeney and Mathis. That's a huge challenge. On defense we should stop the run but we need to make big plays in the passing game. If we can do a couple things right we can still win this game!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Quote:

You do realize that...

A: they beat the same 3 teams we beat. By a larger margin.
B: We got beat by all 3 good teams we played (zona a good team but struggled until their Bye)
C: Indy is a good team (See B)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
[ Edited by mayo63 on Oct 28, 2009 at 3:52 AM ]
f**k the colts

• B650
  • Veteran
Hopefully Hill and Jones are active. We could use them.
It could happen but we still have some holes that will make this a tough game to win. Our offensive line and our inconsistent pass rush to start with ------ no pressure on MP will make for a long day. I would love to see our offensive line give Smith the same amount of time that Peyton will probably have. The coaches will need to do a good job of adjusting the offense towards the strengths and comfort level for Smith. The communication issue on defense has to disappear. We would need to play mistake free football in all three fazes of the game and we haven't done that in the past two games. It would also help if we could win the battle for the turnovers.

I am excited about the opportunity to play a good team and gauge the level our team is at right now , we defineitely have some weapons and I always have hope that this will be " our " on any given sunday.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Oct 28, 2009 at 4:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
1 9/13 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 14 - 12 W CBS
2 9/21 @ Miami Dolphins 27 - 23 W ESPN/MyINDY
3 9/27 @ Arizona Cardinals 31 - 10 W NBC
4 10/4 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 34 - 17 W FOX
5 10/11 @ Tennessee Titans 31 - 9 W NBC
6 10/18 BYE - none
7 10/25 @ St. Louis Rams 42 - 6 W

They have one player that we can only hope to contain. That would be Peyton Manning. He is the best QB in football, hands down.

Actually hes the best arm in football, Brady > Manning anyday
Originally posted by SF4916:
Turnovers will be key. If it wasn't for the muffed punt, we could have beaten Houston.

The Niners need to play a perfect game to win, unfortunately.

Dont forgot Willis got tackled too on the slayton run....
I noticed last week, Morgan had more reps than Bruce. Are they finally working him out of the starting lineup? Although he did show up last week. I would like to see Hill and Jones against Indy too, but I do not think it is going to happen.
Share 49ersWebzone