There are 172 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 228niner:
i believe we are going to bounce back, prob another ugly win but another step in the right direction

yup.
and with the bye, we'll be more prepared.
we just need to play smart, thats all
no mistakes no penalties and we'll be good

23-14 Niners
Texans have a great tenancy for having a big game one week, and a horrible one the next. -Luckily we're going to be facing them after a big win, with well-rested/well-prepared players, Crabs, and the red n' gold MACK TRUCK!.
The TEXANS use a lot of screen plays. It seems as if they want to mirror what the Eagles have done. Get safeties up to defend then late in the game pop a few mid range post routes.

With us looking so slow vs ATL, I hope this isn't what kills us. We will have Gore back. I'm not expecting anything from Crabtree. IF WE ACTUALLY BLITZ then we can win against the small backs they have.
I wouldnt under-estimate the Texans. Everyone here thought we were gonna win the Atlanta game but we got our ass handed to us. It wasn't even close...

The Texans do have talent on offense and Schaub can put the ball thru the air....
This will be a close game, but I feel a lot better about this one than I did about the Falcons game. We've had two weeks to prepare and have something to prove after falling asleep against Atlanta. Frank should be back, and Houston is on of the most inconsistent teams I've ever seen. They have the talent to beat us, but I predict we win, maybe 24-17.
Niners offense gonna have to keep pace with Houston. They have weapons everywhere. Niners have not been good at all recognizing screens this year.
These 49ers need to come out & be ready to play against the Texans.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Niners offense gonna have to keep pace with Houston. They have weapons everywhere. Niners have not been good at all recognizing screens this year.

To add to that, we need to ALWAYS be aware of Andre Johnson (obviously). I'm just scared of what happened vs. Roddy White. Johnson is much better, stronger, and can jump higher. The routes he runs are great also.
  • Blackgoat49ers5
  • Info N/A
Andre Johnson will have a career high game
Originally posted by Blackgoat49ers5:
Andre Johnson will have a career high game

seriously? ....

It could very well be a nasty game... again...

Besides not having a killer TE, they are pretty even with Atlanta... they have a consistent QB, good runner, and go-to reciever. I think their defense is under-rated, starting from the secondary...

The only difference I really see is that Gore and Crabtree hopefully make a difference. Gore probably more than Crabtree. If our D doesn't show up, it is going to be another long game...
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ramanz16:
This will be a close game, but I feel a lot better about this one than I did about the Falcons game. We've had two weeks to prepare and have something to prove after falling asleep against Atlanta. Frank should be back, and Houston is on of the most inconsistent teams I've ever seen. They have the talent to beat us, but I predict we win, maybe 24-17.

We had 2 weeks to prepare...but did we use it?!?! No. The team had off 4 days. Its really just a week teams use to get their legs back under them and heal up. Teams don't really prepare for the next opponent for 2 weeks.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
By the way, how did the Texans come out of today's game injury wise? Healthy?
Originally posted by Adman:
Originally posted by ramanz16:

We had 2 weeks to prepare...but did we use it?!?! No. The team had off 4 days. Its really just a week teams use to get their legs back under them and heal up. Teams don't really prepare for the next opponent for 2 weeks.

The coaches will be preparing on the off week even if they are at home. They will get to spend time with their families but they will work too.
we are a much better team with Gore. I just hope his ankle is healed all the way. If it is, i think we got a good shot at the Texans
Share 49ersWebzone