LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by B650:
Shaub had 392 yards and 4 TDs. This could get ugly if Lewis has to miss the game.

it will get ugly if we don't have a running game to sustain long drives

you can't put everything on the RB to sustain drives. The QB must be able to pick up a first down when the running game has failed to.

We haven't had that all season so I don't see why we will in this game either.

Houston 24 San Francisco 16.
Shaub had 392 yards and 4 TDs. This could get ugly if Lewis has to miss the game.

you can't put everything on the RB to sustain drives. The QB must be able to pick up a first down when the running game has failed to.

Thats not true, the problem with the run game is that Raye makes his play calling so damn predictable that the defense ends up with the upper hand. Raye needs to mix things up and stop calling the same exact plays multiple times in a game.
  • B650
  • Veteran

Thats not true, the problem with the run game is that Raye makes his play calling so damn predictable that the defense ends up with the upper hand. Raye needs to mix things up and stop calling the same exact plays multiple times in a game.

Seriously though, the same response applies to everything. I haven't seen anything all year, so I won't expect anything in this game either. I hope things change, but won't expect anything.

Seriously though, the same response applies to everything. I haven't seen anything all year, so I won't expect anything in this game either. I hope things change, but won't expect anything.

So you're telling me that in the first 3 games the offense didn't show any ability at all to sustain drives??
Ok wow. No faith what so ever in here.
I don't care how good the Bengals have looked this year so far. They are still the damn Bengals and that is why shaubb put numbers on them. The Texans do not have a defense like ours. If we come out and play like we did the first 4 weeks we should be fine. bye week+gore+crabtree+bad loss last game should = 49ers win. I have faith.
[ Edited by Dajanksta on Oct 18, 2009 at 2:55 PM ]
lets go niners baby
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I don't have a good feeling about this game, mainly my fear of Andre Johnson.
Originally posted by Hopper:

he's bigger, faster, stronger than all of our dbs
It's somewhat good that AZ and Seattle are so close on our heels...keeps the fire burning....for what it's worth.
It's going to be a tough game against the Texans. We better get this right, 'cause the next one is at IND.
Shaun is going to HAVE to pass and we're going to HAVE to score big on offense. That's all there is to it.

If we don't put up something in the upper 20's or 30+ points, I think we'll lose.

If we win, I'm going to guess a 34-31 victory.

This game scares the hell out of me. Texans are simular to Atl. They are going to put up points on us, but they will give up a turn over or two, must capitalize when they do. If they get past this game with a win it should boost moral and carry over into Indy.

duh

what I'm saying is we had a run game only once this season (seattle), it would be nice if gore could average 4/5 yards so we don't have to rely on hill on third downs cuz he hasn't been great in converting those

we need to be able to convert 3rd and short with runs
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
Originally posted by Hopper:

he's bigger, faster, stronger than all of our dbs
how nate locked down

Johnson will most definitely give us trouble but not because of the size, strength, but his speed see how nate locked down a big, strong fitz. However nate is stronger than most db's with sufficient size and dashon will give him support and he is big, strong, and fast. the thing in our favor is i think we can negate houston's rushing which leaves them to play for the pass and i think our db's are due for 2 turnovers this game. we will play better on offense i believe with gore being out there and crabtree, i think we can make some things happen and sustain drives and force and capitalize on turnovers. I sense we will come off this bye against a pretty good texans team and play a good game.
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Oct 18, 2009 at 4:49 PM ]
Key to the game is to get pressure

we dont match up well against Johnson, so the next thing to do is beat the s**t out the guy who is supposed to throw him the ball

if we get pressure all game long (like the 1st game of the season) we will win.
i believe we are going to bounce back, prob another ugly win but another step in the right direction
Share 49ersWebzone