LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Gore back, so the horrible O-line won't matter. Crabtree is going to play and he's a "playmaker", so we'll see even MORE bubble screens!

I've got a real bad feeling about this game. With Gore back and Crabtree on the field, Raye will keep calling the same predictable plays. I'm worried this will be a repeat of the Falcons game........

we'll see about that, the o-line has pissed me off all season, hopefully there are changes that turn things around or play calling that does more than run up the gut
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by kronik:
Have the Texans ever had a Monday Night Football game?

I'm thinking about it, and I don't think I've ever seen them on MNF.

You must be very young then.

LOL, their first MNF game since franchise establishment was last season against the Jags (on 11-28-2008).

So 2 games since 2001?

That's gotta be the least out of all the teams.

I have nothing against the Texans personally, but I think (as most of the league) they're the most ridiculous expansion franchise to date.

-Seriously, who came up with that stupid name, the Houston Texans? Did the Portland Oregonians miss out on the NFL ballot that day?

LOL, their first MNF game since franchise establishment was last season against the Jags (on 11-28-2008).

So 2 games since 2001?

I have nothing against the Texans personally, but I think (as most of the league) they're the most ridiculous expansion franchise to date.

-Seriously, who came up with that stupid name, the Houston Texans? Did the Portland Oregonians miss out on the NFL ballot that day?

I think it's a rejuvenation of the Dallas Texans (who went on to become the Kansas City Chiefs).

I personally like the name. It's better than stupid s**t like the Panthers or Jaguars.

I don't care for their uniforms though.

So 2 games since 2001?

I think it's a rejuvenation of the Dallas Texans (who went on to become the Kansas City Chiefs).

I personally like the name. It's better than stupid s**t like the Panthers or Jaguars.

I don't care for their uniforms though.

I would rather be a panther or a jaguar than a damn cowboy
Originally posted by teeohh:
Gore back, so the horrible O-line won't matter. Crabtree is going to play and he's a "playmaker", so we'll see even MORE bubble screens!

I've got a real bad feeling about this game. With Gore back and Crabtree on the field, Raye will keep calling the same predictable plays. I'm worried this will be a repeat of the Falcons game........

we'll see about that, the o-line has pissed me off all season, hopefully there are changes that turn things around or play calling that does more than run up the gut

WORD! Most of the fans seem to think that having Gore back is gonna solve all the O-lines run blocking problems. Those same fans think that Crabtree is gonna solve all the passing problems also.

More than anything, the O-line is the reason our offense has been so bad. The 2nd biggest reason is the horrible play-calling from Raye. I, like you, am tired of seeing the same couple of plays called OVER and OVER. Draw, counter, screen or short pass. Could we maybe see an off-tackle, sweep, or pitch? How about a quick slant, corner, or drag??
Then again, would it even matter? The way the O-line is playing, it doesn't matter what play is called.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 17, 2009 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
4-2
  • B650
  • Veteran

WORD! Most of the fans seem to think that having Gore back is gonna solve all the O-lines run blocking problems. Those same fans think that Crabtree is gonna solve all the passing problems also.

More than anything, the O-line is the reason our offense has been so bad. The 2nd biggest reason is the horrible play-calling from Raye. I, like you, am tired of seeing the same couple of plays called OVER and OVER. Draw, counter, screen or short pass. Could we maybe see an off-tackle, sweep, or pitch? How about a quick slant, corner, or drag??
Then again, would it even matter? The way the O-line is playing, it doesn't matter what play is called.

Can Hill execute on those routes? There's a reason why we call the game the way we do. By the time the ball gets there, the WR is either out of bounds, or the defense adjusts and the WR isn't open anymore. Don't expect anything big out of Hill or the passing game. We're a running team now, and our goal is to be like the '85 Bears.

Originally posted by B650:

Can Hill execute on those routes? There's a reason why we call the game the way we do. By the time the ball gets there, the WR is either out of bounds, or the defense adjusts and the WR isn't open anymore. Don't expect anything big out of Hill or the passing game. We're a running team now, and our goal is to be like the '85 Bears.

Yup we're a running team that can't run the ball

Hill made farther throws last season, he should be able to handle a slant, corner, or drag route.
The bigger issue is having the time to throw IMO.
[ Edited by AKfanster on Oct 17, 2009 at 8:15 PM ]

Hill made farther throws last season, he should be able to handle a slant, corner, or drag route.
The bigger issue is having the time to throw IMO.

yea but a 15 yard pass shouldn't have 5.4 seconds of hang time
I really feel like Singletary is going to try and do something bold this game. I believe you will see Crabtree play a bunch and the 9ers make an effort to get him the ball. I also believe someone we don't expect to be returning punts/kicks like Morgan, Crabtree, Clements, Bly etc. I expect more blitzes up the middle from Willis/Spikes, I really want the defensive play where all DL/LB stand up prior to the snap to stop.

9ers make a statement in this game, everyone was on our bandwagon and after 1 bad game people are back to doubting the 9ers again (including some of the non faithfuls on this board!) I'm smelling a big victory here.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
I really feel like Singletary is going to try and do something bold this game. I believe you will see Crabtree play a bunch and the 9ers make an effort to get him the ball. I also believe someone we don't expect to be returning punts/kicks like Morgan, Crabtree, Clements, Bly etc. I expect more blitzes up the middle from Willis/Spikes, I really want the defensive play where all DL/LB stand up prior to the snap to stop.

9ers make a statement in this game, everyone was on our bandwagon and after 1 bad game people are back to doubting the 9ers again (including some of the non faithfuls on this board!) I'm smelling a big victory here.

Are we going to allow Shaub to have 5 seconds to throw? Is Hill only going to have 2 seconds to throw? Forget about Crabtree, Clements, Bly, and all that stuff. The game will be determined by the trenches.

Are we going to allow Shaub to have 5 seconds to throw? Is Hill only going to have 2 seconds to throw? Forget about Crabtree, Clements, Bly, and all that stuff. The game will be determined by the trenches.

no doubt it is but those other things still have a profound effect on the outcome of the game. It's obvious changes are coming on the OL and I think we can expect a better performance than we got last week. No way the D flops again like they did vs. ATL this D is to good to have to many games like that.

no doubt it is but those other things still have a profound effect on the outcome of the game. It's obvious changes are coming on the OL and I think we can expect a better performance than we got last week. No way the D flops again like they did vs. ATL this D is to good to have to many games like that.

If the OL doesn't perform better Singletary is gonna knock em all out.
Share 49ersWebzone