LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by kstolai:
And there's the Alex were use to...

Hey can't blame him fo that,

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Wow. Just wow.

Are you saying that didn't just happen? Get real dude...

Your willful ignorance and refusal to look at the big picture is amusing

Please help enlighten me... Whats the big picture?

3 TDs and comeback in second half > pick in last 30 secs on fourth and long.

You have been enlightened as to the big picture.

Wow, that's very short sited... A Bigger picture would be wining games/championships/SBs. But lets all be happy for Alex's stat line

The big picture is that with Smith at QB we actually didn't look like the last ranked offense in the NFL, and teams that are last in the NFL (29th actually) do not have a chance to make the playoffs. Why don't you clean the sand from your vag and just admit that the offense looked worlds better with Smith leading it?

Wow, and if you didn't take so many knocks to the brain while sucking on Alex, you would realize that I have already admitted Alex looked better... That last play looked like Alex of the past though.

Sucking on Alex...that's what Smith has you doing right now. Just can't stand it that you were wrong about him can you?
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Wow. Just wow.

Wow, that's very short sited... A Bigger picture would be wining games/championships/SBs. But lets all be happy for Alex's stat line

0-21 at half

Smith brings us back to give us a shot.

Big Picture is without putting alex in there we wouldnt of had a chance in the game.

In a game we ended up loosing cause Smith got a delay of game then threw a pick.

Point is we still lost.

Come on D - even u aren't that dense. There was no hope with Hill at QB. It's the last play of the game - which was a delay because the seasoned, vet OC had been taking too long all game to get the plays in.

Is that why Hill has been having so many delay of games? Wait...

I agree, Hill had no chance to bring us back from 21 down and Smith was the right call to try and put up points quick. Smith has always had a problem overthrowing like he did on that last play; but; that's the risk we had to take. I stand by my comment; that last play was a flash of the Smith we've seen in the past.

4 and 10 last chance for the niners to win.
What do you do?

A. Take a sack

B. Run and try to get the first

C. Give your reviever a chance to make a play

Hmmmm I'd go with C but thats just me

I'ts 4th and 5 and the Niners last chance to win, what do you do.

A. Take a delay of game.

B. Throw your hands up in confusion.

C. Call a timeout to save field position so it doesn't become 4th and 10.

I'll take C as well...

He hasnt played in 2 years give him a break. Thats not just his fault singeltary could have called a timeout.

I cant even talk to you anymore. You're pathetic

It's not my fault you lack the tools to articulate your point of view; but, Ok. bye-bye

D_Niner, how old are you? Either you're extremely young, or "special."

I thought you were done. Do you lack the ability to follow through with your statements or something. And you want to call me "special"...

special people put a period then an And, they also spell losing "loosing"

jus sayin

Again, another wonderful non football related post.

BTW its spelled "Just Saying" not "jus sayin"

It is?

Wow. Just wow.

The big picture is that with Smith at QB we actually didn't look like the last ranked offense in the NFL, and teams that are last in the NFL (29th actually) do not have a chance to make the playoffs. Why don't you clean the sand from your vag and just admit that the offense looked worlds better with Smith leading it?

Wow, and if you didn't take so many knocks to the brain while sucking on Alex, you would realize that I have already admitted Alex looked better... That last play looked like Alex of the past though.

Sucking on Alex...that's what Smith has you doing right now. Just can't stand it that you were wrong about him can you?

How was I wrong about him?

Oh, wait, I get it. Just cause I don't blindly swing on his nutz, I must hate him. Is that what you're inferring?
I was really impressed as were the commentators about Crab's hands. That ball just sticks like glue..........impressive set of digits
There's something wrong with our defense.
First half = 21-0 loss.

Second half = 21-3 win.

If Coach Sing has a brain cell in his melon, he will use that to rally this team for a nearly impossible situation next week...a road game against the best QB in the NFL.

Honestly...the defense can ill afford the mistakes made by Clements (a low tackle that surrendered a score), Roman (p*ss poor coverage on Owen Daniel, who he was clearly afraid of), or Spencer (who blew it out his @ss by over committing so hard on a play action fake that he left Owen Daniel by himself against Dashon Goldson).

Our return game is terrible. This one is on whoever made the decision to bounce Rossum. Whey keep Spurlock if he will NEVER see the field? This is the worst move of the season.

Chilo Rachal is lacking one thing: confidence. He's getting his @ss handed to him because he is tentative. This is making him slow off of the snap...and that is unacceptable for an aggressive blocker. He should be benched until he can get his sh*t straight. He will do the team absolutely no good if he continues to second guess himself.

Our offensive line has got to learn to get their continuity straightened the f*ck out. Poor blocking vs. 7 in the box with 2 tight ends in the game is un-f*cking acceptable. Frank can't run without blocking. If we can't run, we won't win.

Alex Smith has clearly developed a better rapport with our receivers than Hill. Good, bad, or ugly...he has a dimension to his game that Hill does not. It appears that his shoulder has healed, and that he is comfortable enough with Raye's digit terminology that he will enable the team to shift gears midgame...something they have had a difficult time doing thus far. If he does not start next week, I will not watch the game.

Vernon Davis is a huge mismatch against a safety. If there is a snowballs chance in hell of the Niners drawing a mismatch next week, its Davis vs. Bob Sanders.

Halftime adjustments were great on both sides of the ball. The defense was able to contain Daniel and Johnson with scheme, the pass rush really stepped up, and most importantly, eliminated mental errors. The offense shifted on the fly, seeming to alter their strategy 180 degrees, and the results were impressive. It will take a start to see if Smith is genuinely improved and accustomed to Raye's system, or if he took an average defense by surprise...but his ability to stretch the field with the deep ball added a new facet to Jimmy Raye's playcalling. If the Niners are going to make any noise at all in the coming weeks, they will need this to continue.

Finally...Michael Crabtree is for real. Wow. Just wow. If he stays at X and allows Morgan to play in the slot (where he can get off the ball much quicker), or Vernon Davis to motion slot out of a "21" personnel package, he will mean more to this offense than any of us had the right to imagine.

Will Alex get it done for the long haul? Maybe. But one thing is for sure...he'd better start next week if any of us want to see a passing game.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
First half = 21-0 loss.

Second half = 21-3 win.

If Coach Sing has a brain cell in his melon, he will use that to rally this team for a nearly impossible situation next week...a road game against the best QB in the NFL.

Honestly...the defense can ill afford the mistakes made by Clements (a low tackle that surrendered a score), Roman (p*ss poor coverage on Owen Daniel, who he was clearly afraid of), or Spencer (who blew it out his @ss by over committing so hard on a play action fake that he left Owen Daniel by himself against Dashon Goldson).

Our return game is terrible. This one is on whoever made the decision to bounce Rossum. Whey keep Spurlock if he will NEVER see the field? This is the worst move of the season.

Chilo Rachal is lacking one thing: confidence. He's getting his @ss handed to him because he is tentative. This is making him slow off of the snap...and that is unacceptable for an aggressive blocker. He should be benched until he can get his sh*t straight. He will do the team absolutely no good if he continues to second guess himself.

Our offensive line has got to learn to get their continuity straightened the f*ck out. Poor blocking vs. 7 in the box with 2 tight ends in the game is un-f*cking acceptable. Frank can't run without blocking. If we can't run, we won't win.

Alex Smith has clearly developed a better rapport with our receivers than Hill. Good, bad, or ugly...he has a dimension to his game that Hill does not. It appears that his shoulder has healed, and that he is comfortable enough with Raye's digit terminology that he will enable the team to shift gears midgame...something they have had a difficult time doing thus far. If he does not start next week, I will not watch the game.

Vernon Davis is a huge mismatch against a safety. If there is a snowballs chance in hell of the Niners drawing a mismatch next week, its Davis vs. Bob Sanders.

Halftime adjustments were great on both sides of the ball. The defense was able to contain Daniel and Johnson with scheme, the pass rush really stepped up, and most importantly, eliminated mental errors. The offense shifted on the fly, seeming to alter their strategy 180 degrees, and the results were impressive. It will take a start to see if Smith is genuinely improved and accustomed to Raye's system, or if he took an average defense by surprise...but his ability to stretch the field with the deep ball added a new facet to Jimmy Raye's playcalling. If the Niners are going to make any noise at all in the coming weeks, they will need this to continue.

Finally...Michael Crabtree is for real. Wow. Just wow. If he stays at X and allows Morgan to play in the slot (where he can get off the ball much quicker), or Vernon Davis to motion slot out of a "21" personnel package, he will mean more to this offense than any of us had the right to imagine.

Will Alex get it done for the long haul? Maybe. But one thing is for sure...he'd better start next week if any of us want to see a passing game.

Nice post.
anyone know where I can download the game replay online? I missed the game :(

Wow. Just wow.

Oh, wait, I get it. Just cause I don't blindly swing on his nutz, I must hate him. Is that what you're inferring?

Bottom line teams have figured out if you take away S.Hill's "short passing game" then he is largely ineffective.He will not get any better than what he's showed.

Get over it,time to move on -GO ALEX!!
Originally posted by Super5:

Wow. Just wow.

Bottom line teams have figured out if you take away S.Hill's "short passing game" then he is largely ineffective.He will not get any better than what he's showed.

Get over it,time to move on -GO ALEX!!

Listen, I like and respect Shaun Hill. He made the most with what he had. But the Shaun Hill era is now over in San Francisco.

lol
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
First half = 21-0 loss.

Second half = 21-3 win.

Are you sure? By the way, I'm just curious what your fellow writer Kolohe has to say about today's game. Being he's a Hill supporter, i'm just curious if he still feels that there should be no QB change... Just wonderin:)
Share 49ersWebzone