LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by kstolai:
And there's the Alex were use to...

Hey can't blame him fo that,

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Wow. Just wow.

Are you saying that didn't just happen? Get real dude...

Your willful ignorance and refusal to look at the big picture is amusing

Please help enlighten me... Whats the big picture?

3 TDs and comeback in second half > pick in last 30 secs on fourth and long.

You have been enlightened as to the big picture.

Wow, that's very short sited... A Bigger picture would be wining games/championships/SBs. But lets all be happy for Alex's stat line

0-21 at half

Smith brings us back to give us a shot.

Big Picture is without putting alex in there we wouldnt of had a chance in the game.

In a game we ended up loosing cause Smith got a delay of game then threw a pick.

Point is we still lost.

Come on D - even u aren't that dense. There was no hope with Hill at QB. It's the last play of the game - which was a delay because the seasoned, vet OC had been taking too long all game to get the plays in.

Is that why Hill has been having so many delay of games? Wait...

I agree, Hill had no chance to bring us back from 21 down and Smith was the right call to try and put up points quick. Smith has always had a problem overthrowing like he did on that last play; but; that's the risk we had to take. I stand by my comment; that last play was a flash of the Smith we've seen in the past.

yeah he had a open WR on the right side.....but lets just hope that was alittle rust for being away for so long... he looks to have improved in other parts in his game....so the over throws will hopefully get fix soon. Hopefully we are not in those types of 4th and long situations at the end of games...and play better from the beginning.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 25, 2009 at 1:49 PM ]

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Wow. Just wow.

Well... I wouldn't call you ignorant, but HERE is the big picture; Smith comes in the 2nd half and the Texans D is playing the same defense they game planned for Hill, big mistake, Alex carves them up the 1st drive. Throws a beautiful 29yd touchdown pass that he actually needed to put some TOUCH on to get it to Davis over a linebacker and in the right spot for Davis and DELIVERS. Smith NEVER had that kind of touch in the past to make that throw.

OK.... easy to say the old inconsistent Smith will flame out the 2nd drive. They start spreading out the offense and he starts throwing darts to the sidelines... WTF???? His mechanics look soooo much better under Johnson as his QB coach.

We have more weapons to throw to get down field on O than we do have qualiyy people to block for Gore. We now have options as long as we keep Smith at QB next week and now any team including Indy has to game plan and adjust going into next week knowing we have the ability to throw the ball above the 2nd level and beyond. IF we keep the spread offense as part of our game plan, and should since two very important starters in Smith and Crabtree came from that in their recent pasts, why would be still see 8 men in the box and will NOW open some lanes for Gore. Gore running from the spread offense will also keep LB's back and not stacked in the running lanes.

Yes, threw that pick at the end when we were forced to throw to get in field goal range to tie it up after Smith throws a 21-3 bashing on the Texans in the 2nd half. It was 4th and 10; the options for success were limited.

Oh..... did I add that we have a real football player added to WR in Michael Crabtree. There will be new life to this offense if we put Smith under center to get the ball down field.

Now its just up to the coaching staff to pull the trigger for good. At the very least Smith starts next week just for the fact he is at least gonna get us some points or have the ability to keep the game close.

Theres the big picture.......
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Wow. Just wow.

Wow, that's very short sited... A Bigger picture would be wining games/championships/SBs. But lets all be happy for Alex's stat line

The big picture is that with Smith at QB we actually didn't look like the last ranked offense in the NFL, and teams that are last in the NFL (29th actually) do not have a chance to make the playoffs. Why don't you clean the sand from your vag and just admit that the offense looked worlds better with Smith leading it?

Wow, and if you didn't take so many knocks to the brain while sucking on Alex, you would realize that I have already admitted Alex looked better... That last play looked like Alex of the past though.

1 play >> A whole second half????

Wow. Just wow.

0-21 at half

Big Picture is without putting alex in there we wouldnt of had a chance in the game.

In a game we ended up loosing cause Smith got a delay of game then threw a pick.

Point is we still lost.

Come on D - even u aren't that dense. There was no hope with Hill at QB. It's the last play of the game - which was a delay because the seasoned, vet OC had been taking too long all game to get the plays in.

I agree, Hill had no chance to bring us back from 21 down and Smith was the right call to try and put up points quick. Smith has always had a problem overthrowing like he did on that last play; but; that's the risk we had to take. I stand by my comment; that last play was a flash of the Smith we've seen in the past.

4 and 10 last chance for the niners to win.
What do you do?

A. Take a sack

B. Run and try to get the first

C. Give your reviever a chance to make a play

Hmmmm I'd go with C but thats just me

I'ts 4th and 5 and the Niners last chance to win, what do you do.

A. Take a delay of game.

B. Throw your hands up in confusion.

C. Call a timeout to save field position so it doesn't become 4th and 10.

I'll take C as well...

Wow. Just wow.

The big picture is that with Smith at QB we actually didn't look like the last ranked offense in the NFL, and teams that are last in the NFL (29th actually) do not have a chance to make the playoffs. Why don't you clean the sand from your vag and just admit that the offense looked worlds better with Smith leading it?

Wow, and if you didn't take so many knocks to the brain while sucking on Alex, you would realize that I have already admitted Alex looked better... That last play looked like Alex of the past though.

That's ridiculous. You need help if that's what you believe kid...
What I took away from this game.

The first half was awful, but it was nice to see Crabs out there making plays. The second half was a pleasent surpruse with Smith and Davis hooking up for 3 td's and making a huge comeback to put us in position to win the game. Our running game stunk once again. Although we did lose, it looks as though the passing game has finally awakened AND the d only gave up 3pts in the second half. If Alex, VD and Crabs can play that way for the rest of the season, we are going go win a lot more games than I had originally thought. GO NINERS!

Wow. Just wow.

Obviously you need help understanding what im saying here....
Originally posted by loyal9er:

Wow. Just wow.

Well... I wouldn't call you ignorant, but HERE is the big picture; Smith comes in the 2nd half and the Texans D is playing the same defense they game planned for Hill, big mistake, Alex carves them up the 1st drive. Throws a beautiful 29yd touchdown pass that he actually needed to put some TOUCH on to get it to Davis over a linebacker and in the right spot for Davis and DELIVERS. Smith NEVER had that kind of touch in the past to make that throw.

OK.... easy to say the old inconsistent Smith will flame out the 2nd drive. They start spreading out the offense and he starts throwing darts to the sidelines... WTF???? His mechanics look soooo much better under Johnson as his QB coach.

We have more weapons to throw to get down field on O than we do have qualiyy people to block for Gore. We now have options as long as we keep Smith at QB next week and now any team including Indy has to game plan and adjust going into next week knowing we have the ability to throw the ball above the 2nd level and beyond. IF we keep the spread offense as part of our game plan, and should since two very important starters in Smith and Crabtree came from that in their recent pasts, why would be still see 8 men in the box and will NOW open some lanes for Gore. Gore running from the spread offense will also keep LB's back and not stacked in the running lanes.

Yes, threw that pick at the end when we were forced to throw to get in field goal range to tie it up after Smith throws a 21-3 bashing on the Texans in the 2nd half. It was 4th and 10; the options for success were limited.

Oh..... did I add that we have a real football player added to WR in Michael Crabtree. There will be new life to this offense if we put Smith under center to get the ball down field.

Now its just up to the coaching staff to pull the trigger for good. At the very least Smith starts next week just for the fact he is at least gonna get us some points or have the ability to keep the game close.

Theres the big picture.......

I'd agree with most of that.

Wow. Just wow.

0-21 at half

Point is we still lost.

4 and 10 last chance for the niners to win.
What do you do?

A. Take a sack

B. Run and try to get the first

C. Give your reviever a chance to make a play

Hmmmm I'd go with C but thats just me

I'ts 4th and 5 and the Niners last chance to win, what do you do.

A. Take a delay of game.

B. Throw your hands up in confusion.

C. Call a timeout to save field position so it doesn't become 4th and 10.

I'll take C as well...

He hasnt played in 2 years give him a break. Thats not just his fault singeltary could have called a timeout.

I cant even talk to you anymore. You're pathetic

Wow. Just wow.

D niner seems D lussional

This is the best I've felt about a loss in a while.
Originally posted by chimp914:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by chimp914:

Pretty loss still equals a loss. Reminds me when everyone was happy after the first '06 loss against the tards.
GO GIANTS !!!!!
I think there is too much D Rinking going on and not so much critical T Hinking.
[ Edited by HuntMike on Oct 25, 2009 at 1:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone