LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kezar49er:
2:35 seconds left,2 time outs and Singletary runs the clock down to the 2 min warning wasting 35 sec,It was do or die at that time, friggin call time out-rookie coach and Raye not being able to get the play in to Smith at the end...Pathetic. Good game by Alex though. Congrads

Even prior to that, on our last scoring drive, we kept huddling with the time bleeding away, they should have been going no-huddle . The coaches bungled a substitution which cost us more time and 5 yards to add to the mix-ups
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by sicc110:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Very proud of the 49ers today. The outcome was disappointing but at least I know we have a qb in Alex smith

agreed

I dont want to be a downer

but it was one game against a bad defense

lets see how he does next week before we crown him

That is not a bad defence. It may not be the Steelers, but they have some ability

One game against a bad defense? And what did Hill do against that bad defense? I mean, if you're an NFL QB, you SHOULD at least do well against bad defenses, right? So that's a start.

So we know Smith is better than Hill. I agree, I've been posting "Free Alex" for a while.

Now is Smith better than other qbs in the league, will he get us back on track?

Again, thats why I want to hold off making that judgement.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
thank god, there's at least some type of happiness here on the zone, especially after a loss.

Haha you'd have to be blind to see that Alex had a GREAT game.
Originally posted by Arminini:
Terrible call to spike the ball and waste a down rather than taking the timeout. All we needed at that point was 25 yards in a minute, and the down was more valuable than the timeout which we never used. Thats what killed the last drive.

Well i think the combo of Smith, Crabtree, Morgan, Gore and Davis looks good. Hopefully that will translate into more wins.

And...Brandon Jones. Now that we can run 3 and 4 receiver sets split wide, we have to activate Jones and maybe Jason Hill.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by kstolai:
And there's the Alex were use to...

Hey can't blame him fo that,

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Wow. Just wow.

Are you saying that didn't just happen? Get real dude...

Your willful ignorance and refusal to look at the big picture is amusing

Please help enlighten me... Whats the big picture?

3 TDs and comeback in second half > pick in last 30 secs on fourth and long.

You have been enlightened as to the big picture.

Wow, that's very short sited... A Bigger picture would be wining games/championships/SBs. But lets all be happy for Alex's stat line
FYI, 49ers are 0-2 when Davis has two or more TD's.

That being said I will be pissed if Jason Witten makes the pro-bowl over him this year.

Tony Gonzalez and Vernon Davis have to be the top NFC TE's this year.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
In all, yes, it was Smith mistakes for that 5 yard delay, and the pick, he had the time in the pocket, he got rid of it to quick and overthrew his man, but you can't take away everything else he did prior to that, the guy played like a first round pick, finally.

Nope - he made Hill look foolish, by comparison, against the same D, same game.

If was a Smith we've never seen before, not even in that second SEA game so long ago.

This was a Smith in charge and accurate from the first play forward. Sitting it out - HAS - obviously been of some benefit.

That was an Alex Smith we haven't seen. And he's alright. Next game is a good test - good D for him to score against.

The problem will be, our lousy defense will spot Indy over 30 pts in just the first half.

If instead, a different defense shows up and allows far less, the team might have a chance.
watchin shaun hill highlights hurt my eyes
Hill >Smith, Smith >Hill its nonsense at this point. I dion't care who is back there so long as they produce. Hill apparently was not producing in Coach Sings eyes ( and in most of ours) and Alex comes in throws 3 TD and gave us a shot to win in the end. I don't blame Smith for forcing the ball in that situation it was 4th and long and he had to try and make a play. Unfortunately the ball came out hot.

I think at this point Alex gives us the best chance to not get embarrassed against the Colts and Raye may need to keep the offense he used in the 2nd half against the colts and throw away the first hald offensive gameplan.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
I'm soooooo tired of hearin people say well we have stuff to improve upon and we lost but I see alot Of potential going foward how many times do we gotta say that who cares what improved we lost the freakin game! It's time 4 us to win period!!!

If Smith had been starting from the get go, we would have won this game. So we did learn something today, Smith is a real NFL qb, and Hill is a real back up. Now we can go out there and field a team that can move the ball. This game should shut all the ignorant people that thought Hill was the better QB the hell up. It wasn't the play calling, it wasn't the wideouts, it was a qb with no ability to stretch the field.

Ok so ur saying the mike and raye are ignorant for stickin with hill And this also
proves that our coach dosnt know s**t right

I am saying that you need to brush up on your English.

Wow bro thanks I was talking to u like a human being About footbal but u had to be a grammar Nazi I guess that comment meant that u didn't know what say so u decided to insult me correct tells me u can hold a conversation thanks for your comment I luv it and I'm on my fone so dat is y I'm taxtin lic dat foo

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by B650:

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Wow. Just wow.

Why did Alex have to rally the team to begin with? Oh yeah, 'cuz your boy Hill sucks.

Dude, are you on drugs? Serious question. I'm worried about you. If not, invest in an MRI or something.

Be real, that play calling obviously changed once Smith took over, we actually saw Shotgun, 4-5 WR spread...no 2 yard curls and slants / screens, and the oline was doing a better job protecting Smith.

I'll give Smith credit though, he did what Hill could never do, some of those passes he made were beyond Hill, but if our play calling wouldn't have been so conservative against a s**tty Texans passing defense, it would've been a different game.

But, if it wasn't for that s**tty first half, we wouldn't have seen Alex Smith play like he played today.

In all, yes, it was Smith mistakes for that 5 yard delay, and the pick, he had the time in the pocket, he got rid of it to quick and overthrew his man, but you can't take away everything else he did prior to that, the guy played like a first round pick, finally.

What are you talking about? the pay calling was fine even early. Even when hill was in the call were wayy differnet then in the past. Hill got pulled because he wasnt making the simple throws. like the overthrow to crabs that would have been a 1st down or the almost pick at the end of the half. all he had to do is look to the left and swing the ball to gore for another 1st down. Even though he only had 2 seconds to pass the ball on that play.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
watchin shaun hill highlights hurt my eyes

do you think the niners will make the playoffs?

Wow. Just wow.

Wow, that's very short sited... A Bigger picture would be wining games/championships/SBs. But lets all be happy for Alex's stat line

The big picture is that with Smith at QB we actually didn't look like the last ranked offense in the NFL, and teams that are last in the NFL (29th actually) do not have a chance to make the playoffs. Why don't you clean the sand from your vag and just admit that the offense looked worlds better with Smith leading it?
i know we lost but this game is not really disappointing to me ..definatley not as much as last weeks game....

the 1st half was the same ole Shaun Hill 49ers but the second half is the offense that will be playing for the rest of the year...Smith has the arm to open up the playbook and lets hope he can make good decision with the ball...Crabtree looked great and he is just gonna get better every week...Crab, Morgan and Vernon should be on the field at all times....O-line still sucks, Chilo rachal is horrible and this is hurting the running game...Raye is trying to focus on running team but we were running better when Martz was the OC...O-line needs to change if we are gonna have a balanced offense

Wow. Just wow.

0-21 at half

Smith brings us back to give us a shot.

Big Picture is without putting alex in there we wouldnt of had a chance in the game.

Share 49ersWebzone