LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cut Battle, I never want to see him in a niner uniform again. He ALWAYS fumbles, and he doesn't catch anything anymore either.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by kstolai:
And there's the Alex were use to...

Hey can't blame him fo that,

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Wow. Just wow.

Are you saying that didn't just happen? Get real dude...

Why did Alex have to rally the team to begin with? Oh yeah, 'cuz your boy Hill sucks.

Dude, are you on drugs? Serious question. I'm worried about you. If not, invest in an MRI or something.

Why is Hill my boy? Alex looked good today; unfortunately, at the end of the game he looked like the Smith of the past.

BTW, when did Hill or Smith start playing D or ST???
Originally posted by BHulman:

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Man. Not going to give the kid any credit? Don't have to listen to anything you have to say anymore.

Ok, good for you...

BTW when did I not give him credit or when did I try and take away from his many accomplishments today? I just stated facts.

You got me there. I retract. I will anxiously await all of your future searing insights.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
This team is not a playoff team btw....so don't be concerned with whether we make it this year or not. This team still needs another year and an additional infusion of talent at 2-3 positions.

At the very least though....Alex should be starting though, he showed that today, and I think the spread offense suits him well...we should go with something that fits our personnel better rather than try to force an identity that we can't really match.

Forget smashmouth...and play to our strengths. With Crabs out there, and Smith having at least a legit NFL arm, a wide open set works for us.

Next week is also going to be ugly....so don't call for Smith's head if we lose badly on that one. Our defense has no chance against Peyton.

This team WILL make the playoffs with Alex Smith starting. That is guaranDAMNteed. I will put money on it.

It's possible, but it would be more of a statement about the crappiness of the NFC West than the 49ers' playoff worthiness.

We're simply not ready for Prime Time or any serious contendership. We are on the progressive road to it though....I guess that's good.
2:35 seconds left,2 time outs and Singletary runs the clock down to the 2 min warning wasting 35 sec,It was do or die at that time, friggin call time out-rookie coach and Raye not being able to get the play in to Smith at the end...Pathetic. Good game by Alex though. Congrads
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
thank god, there's at least some type of happiness here on the zone, especially after a loss.

Wow. Just wow.

Why did Alex have to rally the team to begin with? Oh yeah, 'cuz your boy Hill sucks.

Dude, are you on drugs? Serious question. I'm worried about you. If not, invest in an MRI or something.

Be real, that play calling obviously changed once Smith took over, we actually saw Shotgun, 4-5 WR spread...no 2 yard curls and slants / screens, and the oline was doing a better job protecting Smith.

I'll give Smith credit though, he did what Hill could never do, some of those passes he made were beyond Hill, but if our play calling wouldn't have been so conservative against a s**tty Texans passing defense, it would've been a different game.

But, if it wasn't for that s**tty first half, we wouldn't have seen Alex Smith play like he played today.

In all, yes, it was Smith mistakes for that 5 yard delay, and the pick, he had the time in the pocket, he got rid of it to quick and overthrew his man, but you can't take away everything else he did prior to that, the guy played like a first round pick, finally.
Terrible call to spike the ball and waste a down rather than taking the timeout. All we needed at that point was 25 yards in a minute, and the down was more valuable than the timeout which we never used. Thats what killed the last drive.

Well i think the combo of Smith, Crabtree, Morgan, Gore and Davis looks good. Hopefully that will translate into more wins.
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
Originally posted by norcal49er864:

Wow. Just wow.

Your willful ignorance and refusal to look at the big picture is amusing

Please help enlighten me... Whats the big picture?

Go root for the Patriots. Please just leave now

LOL... Silly Noob. Talk to me after you've been here for a while.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
I'm soooooo tired of hearin people say well we have stuff to improve upon and we lost but I see alot Of potential going foward how many times do we gotta say that who cares what improved we lost the freakin game! It's time 4 us to win period!!!

If Smith had been starting from the get go, we would have won this game. So we did learn something today, Smith is a real NFL qb, and Hill is a real back up. Now we can go out there and field a team that can move the ball. This game should shut all the ignorant people that thought Hill was the better QB the hell up. It wasn't the play calling, it wasn't the wideouts, it was a qb with no ability to stretch the field.

Ok so ur saying the mike and raye are ignorant for stickin with hill And this also
proves that our coach dosnt know s**t right

I am saying that you need to brush up on your English.

ITs the Same crap that we have watched for 2 or 3 years.......

The offense cant stay on the field and Defense gets dog ass tired.....

For years , it been smiths play that lead to the defense being worn out....Now its hill...but its still the same stuff....

Smith would have won that game for the 49ers EVEN WITH OUT scoring another TD , if Hill did not get the defense worn the hell out , by the 3 and outs....
Who was covering the TE? I think we need to get Lawson on TEs again cause if Willis has a weakness is pass coverage. Willis needs to concentrate on the RBs.
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
Originally posted by norcal49er864:

Wow. Just wow.

Your willful ignorance and refusal to look at the big picture is amusing

Please help enlighten me... Whats the big picture?

Go root for the Patriots. Please just leave now

LOL... Silly Noob. Talk to me after you've been here for a while.

ow my vagina

TOOL
Originally posted by dust-7:
Originally posted by MeddlingKid:
The lack of pass rush and porous O-line is still a large concern

I see it the same way. Get a lot of grief, here, from certain posters for it.

I'd also add the secondary in with that pass rush. The 49ers have serious issues on defense. They keep giving up 20+ pts in the first half, even Crabtree would not fill that gap, along with Davis, Bruce, Morgan, Gore, Walker - and Smith.

D puts this team in too much of a hole.

And what is a bye-week for - if not to fix what's wrong? It's like these coaches don't know their own team. Fix the D. Get IT right. SOLID D. Then worry about the offense.

same concerns here. Lots of positives to build upon in the second half, crabtree looked good, VD is indeed a beast and morgan still has some mental work to do.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

Wow. Just wow.

Be real, that play calling obviously changed once Smith took over, we actually saw Shotgun, 4-5 WR spread...no 2 yard curls and slants / screens, and the oline was doing a better job protecting Smith.

I'll give Smith credit though, he did what Hill could never do, some of those passes he made were beyond Hill, but if our play calling wouldn't have been so conservative against a s**tty Texans passing defense, it would've been a different game.

But, if it wasn't for that s**tty first half, we wouldn't have seen Alex Smith play like he played today.

In all, yes, it was Smith mistakes for that 5 yard delay, and the pick, he had the time in the pocket, he got rid of it to quick and overthrew his man, but you can't take away everything else he did prior to that, the guy played like a first round pick, finally.

and...... /thread
Share 49ersWebzone