LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
I'm soooooo tired of hearin people say well we have stuff to improve upon and we lost but I see alot Of potential going foward how many times do we gotta say that who cares what improved we lost the freakin game! It's time 4 us to win period!!!

If Smith had been starting from the get go, we would have won this game. So we did learn something today, Smith is a real NFL qb, and Hill is a real back up. Now we can go out there and field a team that can move the ball. This game should shut all the ignorant people that thought Hill was the better QB the hell up. It wasn't the play calling, it wasn't the wideouts, it was a qb with no ability to stretch the field.
Was that Roman who knocked down Schaubs last pass?
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Very proud of the 49ers today. The outcome was disappointing but at least I know we have a qb in Alex smith

agreed
Smith, Crabs, Vernon are legit. Reggie Wayne is done for the year btw
I haven't come on here since the beginning of the 2nd half. I just now refresh the thread and I can't believe that is appears there is some Alex bashing going on RIGHT now!? Bunch of psycho drama queens on here I swear. We finally have an offense thanks to the switch. A great comeback led by Smith. It comes down to a 4th and 10 and he throws a pick with under a minute and that gives justification to bash him???? CRAZY.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by kstolai:
And there's the Alex were use to...

Hey can't blame him fo that,

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Wow. Just wow.

Are you saying that didn't just happen? Get real dude...

Why did Alex have to rally the team to begin with? Oh yeah, 'cuz your boy Hill sucks.

Dude, are you on drugs? Serious question. I'm worried about you. If not, invest in an MRI or something.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Smith is the reason we lost... by 3 and not by 30. The Texans scored 21 points in the 1st half because the 49er OFFENSE failed to do anything, which caused the defense to be on the field all half. Smith comes in, and somehow magically we only allow 3 points. Smith comes in, and all of a sudden Jimmy Raye's playbook was multipled by 100... Smith comes in and Vernon Davis gets 1/3 of his Career TDs in one half.

SMITH IS THE FUTURE
[ Edited by Ether on Oct 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM ]

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Wow. Just wow.

Please, go root for another team. I hate that i root for my Niners among people like you

Wow. Just wow.

Your willful ignorance and refusal to look at the big picture is amusing
Originally posted by BHulman:

Man. Not going to give the kid any credit? Don't have to listen to anything you have to say anymore.

Ok, good for you...

BTW when did I not give him credit or when did I try and take away from his many accomplishments today? I just stated facts.

Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by Crown:
who's fault is that last play?

Bad pass, poor blocking, inability to get the play off and lose 5 yards... You decided...

Alex fault for not calling time out really hurt our chances the only mistake he made in the game but crucial!

Dude, the entire game the plays have been coming in late. That is the coaches fault for the delay of games.

Alex looks at the play clock too bro he has a brain and he is running the offense to at least notice that. I just feel he should know to call T.O. on that situation but failed to do so. He did a great job today to at least bring us back and give us hope for the season. Hill just looked terrible today and what I have been saying since last year. Smith should be the starter well at least until the end of the year unless he fall apart.
Originally posted by Crown:
who's fault is that last play?

Why, are you going to make a nasty thread about it or fire off an angry e-mail to someone? Yaaaa let's blame someone for the game having to come down to a 4th down play.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
This team is not a playoff team btw....so don't be concerned with whether we make it this year or not. This team still needs another year and an additional infusion of talent at 2-3 positions.

At the very least though....Alex should be starting though, he showed that today, and I think the spread offense suits him well...we should go with something that fits our personnel better rather than try to force an identity that we can't really match.

Forget smashmouth...and play to our strengths. With Crabs out there, and Smith having at least a legit NFL arm, a wide open set works for us.

Next week is also going to be ugly....so don't call for Smith's head if we lose badly on that one. Our defense has no chance against Peyton.
2 years is a long time
Originally posted by sicc110:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Very proud of the 49ers today. The outcome was disappointing but at least I know we have a qb in Alex smith

agreed

I dont want to be a downer

but it was one game against a bad defense

lets see how he does next week before we crown him
Share 49ersWebzone