There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Originally posted by backontop:
I can has sunday yet?

no! we need to practice and prepare!
I'm scared
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 19, 2009 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I'm scared

sissy!
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I'm scared

sissy!

Andre Johnson/Schaub
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I'm scared

sissy!

Andre Johnson/Schaub

they also have a running back who has fumblitis
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I'm scared

sissy!

Andre Johnson/Schaub

im benching andre johnson, i never start people against the 49ers. i hope we shut his ass down, and he promptly goes back to being his beastly self the following week
I am glad that Houston won on the road yesterday to get to 3-3. They will try to copy that formula vs the Niners, so the Niners coaching staff should be able to prepare better, knowing precisely what the Texans will be trying to do.

I mostly fear NFL teams that are desperate for a win and which are struggling to find their winning formula. Such a team will try just about anything and is difficult to prepare for. Facing a 2-4 Houston team would have been a lot more dangerous, as I see it, than facing a 3-3 Houston team.

Time for the Niner pass rush to step up this week. Coach Manusky, unleash the hounds!
[ Edited by jimbagg on Oct 19, 2009 at 1:23 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I'm scared

sissy!

Andre Johnson/Schaub

they also have a running back who has fumblitis
What are the chances that Houston will use the same 2 TE, 2RB set the Falcons used vs Niners D?
Originally posted by verb1der:
What are the chances that Houston will use the same 2 TE, 2RB set the Falcons used vs Niners D?

I doubt it since Owen Daniels is no Tony Gonzalez. I expect them to use Slaton more in the passing game and C.Brown for the running plays. Then again if the Niner D actually shows up for this game, it shouldnt matter.
If Lewis can't play, Mark Roman will step in at strong safety against the Texans' prolific pass offense- Matt Barrows

This is what scares me.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
I am glad that Houston won on the road yesterday to get to 3-3. They will try to copy that formula vs the Niners, so the Niners coaching staff should be able to prepare better, knowing precisely what the Texans will be trying to do.

I mostly fear NFL teams that are desperate for a win and which are struggling to find their winning formula. Such a team will try just about anything and is difficult to prepare for. Facing a 2-4 Houston team would have been a lot more dangerous, as I see it, than facing a 3-3 Houston team.

Time for the Niner pass rush to step up this week. Coach Manusky, unleash the hounds!

My thoughts exactly. Without a pass rush we have no chance to stop Houston. A steady run game and a pass rush will make all the difference. I'm hoping Justin Smith can wreak havoc up the gut. Schaub is more athletic than you think
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
What are the chances that Houston will use the same 2 TE, 2RB set the Falcons used vs Niners D?

I doubt it since Owen Daniels is no Tony Gonzalez. I expect them to use Slaton more in the passing game and C.Brown for the running plays. Then again if the Niner D actually shows up for this game, it shouldnt matter.

The "IF" factor is what really kills it for me regarding the defense.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
If Lewis can't play, Mark Roman will step in at strong safety against the Texans' prolific pass offense- Matt Barrows

This is what scares me.

that doesn't just scare me it give me nightmares
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,994
I hope we get the ball first and come out with a long 7 or 8 minute drive abd get 7. That should set the tone for the day. If they get the ball first, a quick 3 and out would be nice.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home