LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Does the fact that some of us are just hoping to hang around in the Texans game and not get blown out already sum up what kind of team we are? Houston is a .500 team. Good teams eat .500 teams up for breakfast. We must not be very good if we're worried about getting blown out in Houston. We don't scare anyone. You go into Green Bay and you think, "Damn, we have to put up with Rodgers and the crowd." Philadelphia you think, "Hopefully McNabb and Jackson don't kill us." Patriots make you think, "They'll destroy us if Brady gets going."

How about if we were to play the 49ers? "Damn, hopefully Andy Lee doesn't have a career game and average 60 yards a punt."

We don't scare anyone. Our offensive line is pathetic. Our QB has the arm of a teenager and can't even make half the throws that are required from an NFL-quality QB. Teams just think, "We'll blitz them until they choke." They're aggressive against us because our offense is anemic.

Sorry for the negativity, but I'm not seeing good things from this team in the next two games. I'm seeing a couple blowouts, embarrassment, and a lot of changes coming up. Only then will we be able to turn the season around. We just don't have the right guys in right now, and the guys that should be in are either on the bench or no longer with the team, sent away for nothing. We've made horrible decision after horrible decision.

1)The hiring of Raye.
2)Starting Shaun Hill. I see no potential. Even if he guides us to some wins, he'll eventually be replaced by someone better. Why waste time?
3)Drafting Coffee, who is similar to Gore in style, but a far worse player.
4)Starting Bruce despite him showing signs that he's lost it.
5)Using too many 2 TE sets
6)Using Delanie Walker on kickoffs
7)Keeping Jason Hill, probably one of our best WRs, on the bench
8)Not using one of our shiftiest WRs, Michael Spurlock, in any other fashion besides "The Tazer."
9)Getting rid of Sheets for absolutely nothing, when he's probably better than Robinson and Coffee. He would've been a great change-of-pace back to play behind Gore. He's like Charlie Garner. But, why keep him? It's not like he could help us. After all, we're a running team. What good is a running back on a running team that runs? Nope. 'Cuz apparently, there's more to a running back than running, because we don't want our precious golden-armed QB going down with injury since Sheets isn't a good blocker. That would be disastrous to our season.
10)Having 7 freakin' WRs on the roster, despite being a running team.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. It starts from the top. I'm starting to get the sense that this team is run by a bunch of airheads. Good teams make good decisions. Bad teams make bad decisions.

I love this team, but not who's running it right now. Hopefully, something happens, something clicks, a light bulb goes off, or ANYTHING in Houston. We need this game badly. I'll be rooting for my 49ers, but I'm not expecting much.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 19, 2009 at 1:31 AM ]
bro bro bro I understand your frustration but I'm with you that we need to win this game. With gore back and hopefully Crabtree helps out with our offense of issues we might have hope in our division "might". Just wait after the Houston game to blow up like you are now cause I know I surely will if we end up losing but I'm positive we will win cause I believe in Singletary!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
bro bro bro I understand your frustration but I'm with you that we need to win this game. With gore back and hopefully Crabtree helps out with our offense of issues we might have hope in our division "might". Just wait after the Houston game to blow up like you are now cause I know I surely will if we end up losing but I'm positive we will win cause I believe in Singletary!

texans-52

49ers-6
It all comes down to the O-line IMO. The Texans have a pretty decent front 7 that should have ZERO trouble clogging our running lanes (just like every other team has so far).

I'm hoping that Sing benches Rachal, but I don't think that will be enough. Baas should be riding the pine right next to his ass. I'm all for letting Wragge and Snyder practice at the guard spots all week and then starting them at Houston. Leave Pashos at RT for the week and let him settle in. If worst comes to worst, throw Sims in a RT if Pashos can't handle the job.

Something has gotta change there. This garbage O-line is gonna cost us the season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by B650:
Does the fact that some of us are just hoping to hang around in the Texans game and not get blown out already sum up what kind of team we are? Houston is a .500 team. Good teams eat .500 teams up for breakfast. We must not be very good if we're worried about getting blown out in Houston. We don't scare anyone. You go into Green Bay and you think, "Damn, we have to put up with Rodgers and the crowd." Philadelphia you think, "Hopefully McNabb and Jackson don't kill us." Patriots make you think, "They'll destroy us if Brady gets going."

How about if we were to play the 49ers? "Damn, hopefully Andy Lee doesn't have a career game and average 60 yards a punt."

We don't scare anyone. Our offensive line is pathetic. Our QB has the arm of a teenager and can't even make half the throws that are required from an NFL-quality QB. Teams just think, "We'll blitz them until they choke." They're aggressive against us because our offense is anemic.

Sorry for the negativity, but I'm not seeing good things from this team in the next two games. I'm seeing a couple blowouts, embarrassment, and a lot of changes coming up. Only then will we be able to turn the season around. We just don't have the right guys in right now, and the guys that should be in are either on the bench or no longer with the team, sent away for nothing. We've made horrible decision after horrible decision.

1)The hiring of Raye.
2)Starting Shaun Hill. I see no potential. Even if he guides us to some wins, he'll eventually be replaced by someone better. Why waste time?
8)Not using one of our shiftiest WRs, Michael Spurlock, in any other fashion besides "The Tazer."
9)Getting rid of Sheets for absolutely nothing, when he's probably better than Robinson and Coffee. He would've been a great change-of-pace back to play behind Gore. He's like Charlie Garner. But, why keep him? It's not like he could help us. After all, we're a running team. What good is a running back on a running team that runs? Nope. 'Cuz apparently, there's more to a running back than running, because we don't want our precious golden-armed QB going down with injury since Sheets isn't a good blocker. That would be disastrous to our season.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. It starts from the top. I'm starting to get the sense that this team is run by a bunch of airheads. Good teams make good decisions. Bad teams make bad decisions.

I love this team, but not who's running it right now. Hopefully, something happens, something clicks, a light bulb goes off, or ANYTHING in Houston. We need this game badly. I'll be rooting for my 49ers, but I'm not expecting much.

I totally agree. Its all about "The 49ers dont know offense". Period. Thats saying nobody in this organization knows how to run an offense, and that makes me sad.
i don't worry who we are playing or whom we have to beat as much as Ray's plan not to attack the other teams weekness and just run on 1st , second & pass on third if we are lucky !
This game is basically a replay of the Season Opener if you think about it. The Texans are a pass first then pass again offense, since Slaton hasn't been able to get on track so far this season. Their defense is also nothing special, giving up a ton of yards on the ground early in the season. If the Niners can get pressure on Schaub, have success running the ball, and keep Hill upright long enough to make some plays - they should win.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, noodle arm, go!

Originally posted by RonMexico:
texans-52

49ers-6

WHOA! That's too high!...

Texans 44

49ers 6

Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by B650:

1)The hiring of Raye.

I totally agree. Its all about "The 49ers dont know offense". Period. Thats saying nobody in this organization knows how to run an offense, and that makes me sad.

You sound like my four year old daughter right before she begins to cry, "You make me sssaaaddd".
we need this game more than the texans do

Arizona has already shown they can beat at least two teams outside the division.

We need to do the same.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
we need this game more than the texans do

Arizona has already shown they can beat at least two teams outside the division.

We need to do the same.

word, if we can't beat the texans i don't see how we can win the division, we have to win against good teams

i really hope the big loss taught the team a lesson to not get so cocky and gameplan a lot better
if the texans win, i think it spells the end for hill.

alex will soon start
Share 49ersWebzone