LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

OK, where's it at today?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

OK, where's it at today?

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Smith creates a turnover and Sing banishes from Practice and "Shaun Hill opened the afternoon with 12 consecutive completions. He finished the day with 19 completions in 23 pass attempts." but all the insiders say Smith is on track to win the starting job.

I just don't get it. Unless all of Hill's completions are dump offs or 5 yard routes Can anyone explain this to me.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/day-10-practice-18-smith-banished-to-hill.html

After being allowed to descend the hill, Singletary met Smith with a smile and a handshake. This was not the classic case of a bad decision or a poorly thrown ball. It was tipped at the line. As Smith said, "If you're trying to throw the ball around defensive linemen's hands, good luck," he said.

Added Smith, "The bottom line, is you can't turn the ball over."

Alex is right about the bottom line, I just don't see him taking care of the ball as much as Hill. Thats my bottom line.

Tipped or not tipped, I've also read that his first passes are rarely well thrown and it takes him a few snaps to get into it.

If they take the starting job away from Hill, I really hope Alex proves me wrong.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Originally posted by jreff22:
Smith creates a turnover and Sing banishes from Practice and "Shaun Hill opened the afternoon with 12 consecutive completions. He finished the day with 19 completions in 23 pass attempts." but all the insiders say Smith is on track to win the starting job.

I just don't get it. Unless all of Hill's completions are dump offs or 5 yard routes Can anyone explain this to me.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/day-10-practice-18-smith-banished-to-hill.html

After being allowed to descend the hill, Singletary met Smith with a smile and a handshake. This was not the classic case of a bad decision or a poorly thrown ball. It was tipped at the line. As Smith said, "If you're trying to throw the ball around defensive linemen's hands, good luck," he said.

Added Smith, "The bottom line, is you can't turn the ball over."

Alex is right about the bottom line, I just don't see him taking care of the ball as much as Hill. Thats my bottom line.

Tipped or not tipped, I've also read that his first passes are rarely well thrown and it takes him a few snaps to get into it.

If they take the starting job away from Hill, I really hope Alex proves me wrong.

well in game situations he will have his couple of snaps before the game so no problem there
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Hill is the proven winner.

uh Smith won more games than Hill in one season

right?

I won't argue with someone so intent on winning an argument.

However, when I say a "proven winner" I am speaking of a ratio, not just games won. You can win 100 games in your career, if you lose 200 on top you suck.
So take it for what it is.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Wow, somebody came up with a Hill vs Smith thread, I have never seen one before!
After the initial excitement died down I voted they both suck. This battle is as epic as
Grossman vs Orton, ok that is extreme, it is slightly better than that, but not much. Until this franchise gets a top 15 Qb or better and a pass rush, it is going nowhere.
Originally posted by Chief:
Hill is the proven winner.

uh Smith won more games than Hill in one season

right?

That's silly, Hill hasn't started an entire season, Smith has.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Please visit QB competition thread
Share 49ersWebzone