Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

LB - Edge - slighty Vikings. 9ers have willis but altogether we have the edge
This is from a mod or "coordinator" over there at the Viking forum

And with this, that Vikings "mod" lost ALL credibility.

excuse me sir, i believe his official title is Pro Moderator

link me to this site please!

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
A little fun & games from our friends at PurplePride.org . . . 49er look-a-like thread

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php/topic,53330.0.html

haha some of those from the 2nd page on are pretty good haha. their gonna curse the day they ever made fun of willis tho. just wait and see what happens to their precious team when willis comes to town

THANKS! LOLOLOLOL at the crabtree and the airplane taking off! NOT LOL at the WILLIS comparison
[Heard on KNBR this AM...I'm paraphrasing]

--------

Murph and Mac: we are playing the Vikings this wknd, Farve, AP, great defense, dome...loud noise...it is a daunting task

Singletary: You are saying it's a dauting task? what does that mean?

--------

Of course, M&M go on to explain why, repeat the same things from above and all that. Singletary casually brushes it aside.

What I really enjoyed was how fans (incl me) think of the upcoming game as a tough one, and here's Singletary, confident, and simply saying that "ok...we'll see". He just doesn't seem to buy into the fact that this is a game vs a superior team...at least mentally. Normally, coaches do acknowledge a tough task ahead, but this was a bit diff. Let's see how it really plays out on the field.

If you get a chance, check it out on knbr.com...it's funny.

My apologies! In that case, he MUST know what he is talking about.

A little fun & games from our friends at PurplePride.org . . . 49er look-a-like thread

haha some of those from the 2nd page on are pretty good haha. their gonna curse the day they ever made fun of willis tho. just wait and see what happens to their precious team when willis comes to town

THANKS! LOLOLOLOL at the crabtree and the airplane taking off! NOT LOL at the WILLIS comparison

What's funnier is when Rainbow Bright slams your franchise player to the ground for a loss and then knocks your old and decrepit QB out with a concussion. That's comedy, son!!

What's funnier is when Rainbow Bright slams your franchise player to the ground for a loss and then knocks your old and decrepit QB out with a concussion. That's comedy, son!!

WORD! Someone needs to post that pic of willis stopping AP in the backfield on the vikings site!
[ Edited by maximill15 on Sep 22, 2009 at 9:42 AM ]
I'm glad to hear Singletary & the 49ers are completely focused & not afraid of the Vikings!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

Esco > Pro Moderator
Originally posted by 49ersking:
[Heard on KNBR this AM...I'm paraphrasing]

--------

Murph and Mac: we are playing the Vikings this wknd, Farve, AP, great defense, dome...loud noise...it is a daunting task

Singletary: You are saying it's a dauting task? what does that mean?

--------

Of course, M&M go on to explain why, repeat the same things from above and all that. Singletary casually brushes it aside.

What I really enjoyed was how fans (incl me) think of the upcoming game as a tough one, and here's Singletary, confident, and simply saying that "ok...we'll see". He just doesn't seem to buy into the fact that this is a game vs a superior team...at least mentally. Normally, coaches do acknowledge a tough task ahead, but this was a bit diff. Let's see how it really plays out on the field.

If you get a chance, check it out on knbr.com...it's funny.

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by B650:
I think this is an interesting game and I'm very interested to see what the game plan will be. Remember last year when the niners tried to do a shootout with Brees and the Saints? I'm hoping we actually understand ourselves and our opponent a bit better this game. Some interesting things to think about.

Matchups:

- AP v Willis: We may have the best match-up for AP. Not only is Willis a sure tackler that will not allow AP to slip tackles, but he's also got the speed to chase him to the outside. He can't do it alone. Here we will need help from our D-line, mostly to slow Peterson down, and not get completely pushed out of plays. Even a hit will do. Lawson's speed will also come into play. As will our secondary's ability to support the run. AZ was on Nate's shoulders. Seattle needed to come down to our pass rush and Gore. Pass rush was quite, but Gore made up for it. This game will be on Willis's shoulders.

- Jared Allen v Joe Staley: Staley's shown the ability to shut out the league's best pass-rushers (see Porter, Joey). However, we are very vulnerable if the pass rusher moves to the other side (see Porter, Joey against Sims, Barry). This may be a day that Vernon Davis spends at the line of scrimmage. Look for a number of 2 tight end sets, with Davis helping to hold down the right side. The bottom line is that Allen will most often go against Joe, and if Staley has another strong performance, we can be taking away a major weapon of theirs.

-Rachal, Baas and Heitman v The Williams duo: We're going to be running down the middle. Don't think we're going to run against the best run defense in the league? We will. Singletary's game plan will go something like this: "We're going to run 21 down he middle. Got it? Great. They have the what ranked run defense? 1st? Hmmmm....Ok, lets do this....we'll run it down the middle with Gore. Sounds good? Great." Singletary can't get away from his tough philosophy just because of a tough opponent. That would contradics him. In other words, this is a stubborn run game. We'll run it, that's a given. The question is how well? . If the three niners mentioned above have good games you can chalk this up as a W. Otherwise it may be a loooong game for our defense and punting unit. The good news is that we're expected to loose. Rachal is expected to get dominated, and the Williams duo is expected to do well. As Matt Maiocco put it the other day, the niners will be betting with the house money.

-Favre v Niner's secondary: Favre loves to throw it up for grabs, and the niners have made a point of grabbing recently. Clements often gets eaten alive by mediocre receivers, and that worries me. Given that, and Favre's ability to be Favre I expect a few deep plays that will really hurt. Expect those too. The question is, can we get some of those Favre passes to come our way? Can we make a few picks (1 may not be enough)? can we get good returns on those? Can we turn those into points?

-Shaun Hill v Jimmy Reye: You know what Jimmy Reye and Mike Singletary have in mind (see up-the-middle, run). Even if our o-line has the best game of their careers, the Vike's D-line will force runs that go nowhere. It will be on Shaun Hill to convert 3rd and 10s, 3rd and short, and red-zone/goal-line scores. Jimmy Reye may call a few runs on short yardage situations, but by the 4th quarter it will become obvious that Hill must lead this offense.

Strategy

As I stated above I don't think the niners will change their strategy. I think they will go in and say, Ok, we both have great running backs, both have tough defensive opponents for those backs, and will both run regardless. We will both rely on our QBs minimally. We will hope that even if Favre makes a few big plays, our secondary will force enough turnovers to make up for that. Gore's and AP's fumbling problems may be the key. At the end of the day, turnovers may be the key to this matchup.

OR......

The Vikings could be a much better team, and we've just played crappy teams so far and will get eaten alive in Minnesota. Sunday will be telling...

OR......

The Vikings could get blown out because they haven't beaten a respectable team yet. Browns? Lions? Here comes a real team.

true that. and i dont know what games he's been watching but nate clements has played awesome this year so far. preseason they were playing a soft ass zone, our cb's are playing awesome so far, i dont think the Vikes have anyone as scary ass fitz and boldin or housh and branch, we should be fine.

If you would read what I wrote I made it clear that Nate's had a phenomenal season so far. However, he's been known to get beaten by mediocre players throughout his career (Lance More from last year comes to mind). I think we've played very well, however there are some matchups that we do need to watch out for. What do you think of the match-ups? You think the niners will roll into Minnesota and just walk all over the Vikes? Why don't you enlighten with your game analysis.

game analysis usually happens after the game is played. i dont think they will walk over the vikings but i think they will win. we are very strong against the run (3rd), they are so so against the run ( 15th i believe), both teams have QB's that just game manage because favre hasnt thrown bombs this year like he usually does and if he does our secondary is good enough to handle anything he throws at them. we have a lot of team speed and sure tacklers on defense and that is why we will be effective against their offense. on offense i think we will be able to run on them and their over aggressiveness will bite them in the ass when they blitz us. i look forward to lots of sweeps and screens in this game to curb their blitzes. i seriously think we have the edge, we match up very favorably to them

I think where we match up favorably is Gore's ability to catch out of the backfield. You referenced that with screens, etc. Where I think it will be tough is defending the pass rush against the right side. Also, if AP is being held down, look for Favre to resort to his gunslinger ways. Harvin's ability to catch from the back position will also be a factor

Something to note:

The Vikings have been trailing at halftime in both games against two of the worst teams in the league.
Originally posted by Esco:

Esco > Pro Moderator

QFT.
Originally posted by B650:
I think this is an interesting game and I'm very interested to see what the game plan will be. Remember last year when the niners tried to do a shootout with Brees and the Saints? I'm hoping we actually understand ourselves and our opponent a bit better this game. Some interesting things to think about.

Matchups:

- AP v Willis: We may have the best match-up for AP. Not only is Willis a sure tackler that will not allow AP to slip tackles, but he's also got the speed to chase him to the outside. He can't do it alone. Here we will need help from our D-line, mostly to slow Peterson down, and not get completely pushed out of plays. Even a hit will do. Lawson's speed will also come into play. As will our secondary's ability to support the run. AZ was on Nate's shoulders. Seattle needed to come down to our pass rush and Gore. Pass rush was quite, but Gore made up for it. This game will be on Willis's shoulders.

- Jared Allen v Joe Staley: Staley's shown the ability to shut out the league's best pass-rushers (see Porter, Joey). However, we are very vulnerable if the pass rusher moves to the other side (see Porter, Joey against Sims, Barry). This may be a day that Vernon Davis spends at the line of scrimmage. Look for a number of 2 tight end sets, with Davis helping to hold down the right side. The bottom line is that Allen will most often go against Joe, and if Staley has another strong performance, we can be taking away a major weapon of theirs.

-Rachal, Baas and Heitman v The Williams duo: We're going to be running down the middle. Don't think we're going to run against the best run defense in the league? We will. Singletary's game plan will go something like this: "We're going to run 21 down he middle. Got it? Great. They have the what ranked run defense? 1st? Hmmmm....Ok, lets do this....we'll run it down the middle with Gore. Sounds good? Great." Singletary can't get away from his tough philosophy just because of a tough opponent. That would contradics him. In other words, this is a stubborn run game. We'll run it, that's a given. The question is how well? . If the three niners mentioned above have good games you can chalk this up as a W. Otherwise it may be a loooong game for our defense and punting unit. The good news is that we're expected to loose. Rachal is expected to get dominated, and the Williams duo is expected to do well. As Matt Maiocco put it the other day, the niners will be betting with the house money.

-Favre v Niner's secondary: Favre loves to throw it up for grabs, and the niners have made a point of grabbing recently. Clements often gets eaten alive by mediocre receivers, and that worries me. Given that, and Favre's ability to be Favre I expect a few deep plays that will really hurt. Expect those too. The question is, can we get some of those Favre passes to come our way? Can we make a few picks (1 may not be enough)? can we get good returns on those? Can we turn those into points?

-Shaun Hill v Jimmy Reye: You know what Jimmy Reye and Mike Singletary have in mind (see up-the-middle, run). Even if our o-line has the best game of their careers, the Vike's D-line will force runs that go nowhere. It will be on Shaun Hill to convert 3rd and 10s, 3rd and short, and red-zone/goal-line scores. Jimmy Reye may call a few runs on short yardage situations, but by the 4th quarter it will become obvious that Hill must lead this offense.

Strategy

As I stated above I don't think the niners will change their strategy. I think they will go in and say, Ok, we both have great running backs, both have tough defensive opponents for those backs, and will both run regardless. We will both rely on our QBs minimally. We will hope that even if Favre makes a few big plays, our secondary will force enough turnovers to make up for that. Gore's and AP's fumbling problems may be the key. At the end of the day, turnovers may be the key to this matchup.

OR......

The Vikings could be a much better team, and we've just played crappy teams so far and will get eaten alive in Minnesota. Sunday will be telling...

OR......

The Vikings could get blown out because they haven't beaten a respectable team yet. Browns? Lions? Here comes a real team.

true that. and i dont know what games he's been watching but nate clements has played awesome this year so far. preseason they were playing a soft ass zone, our cb's are playing awesome so far, i dont think the Vikes have anyone as scary ass fitz and boldin or housh and branch, we should be fine.

If you would read what I wrote I made it clear that Nate's had a phenomenal season so far. However, he's been known to get beaten by mediocre players throughout his career (Lance More from last year comes to mind). I think we've played very well, however there are some matchups that we do need to watch out for. What do you think of the match-ups? You think the niners will roll into Minnesota and just walk all over the Vikes? Why don't you enlighten with your game analysis.

game analysis usually happens after the game is played. i dont think they will walk over the vikings but i think they will win. we are very strong against the run (3rd), they are so so against the run ( 15th i believe), both teams have QB's that just game manage because favre hasnt thrown bombs this year like he usually does and if he does our secondary is good enough to handle anything he throws at them. we have a lot of team speed and sure tacklers on defense and that is why we will be effective against their offense. on offense i think we will be able to run on them and their over aggressiveness will bite them in the ass when they blitz us. i look forward to lots of sweeps and screens in this game to curb their blitzes. i seriously think we have the edge, we match up very favorably to them

I think where we match up favorably is Gore's ability to catch out of the backfield. You referenced that with screens, etc. Where I think it will be tough is defending the pass rush against the right side. Also, if AP is being held down, look for Favre to resort to his gunslinger ways. Harvin's ability to catch from the back position will also be a factor
Originally posted by Joecool:
Something to note:

The Vikings have been trailing at halftime in both games against two of the worst teams in the league.

yeah i just read that in the power rankings thread, if we can take advantage of their slow start, that can really play into our advantage, if we capitalize when we have the ball. We can wear them down with the run game in the 2nd half if we can go into the half with the lead and control the clock in the 2nd half and not let them get into sync
Originally posted by Joecool:
Something to note:

Yes I watched most of the Browns game and they were slow to get things going offensively. Their run game didn't start doing well until after the second half. They said the rb coach had to yell at the backs to get their s**t together.

Which is why we need to put points on the board early, I want touchdowns!
[ Edited by teeohh on Sep 22, 2009 at 10:14 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone