LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 2 [Home Opener])

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Hill went out early last week. I am not sure when it happened but I noticed herring on the field in the first quarter. Then hawthorne was in the game in the third quarter for lofa. Mora said that he did not notice a dropoff in play from that position when the backups came in and I think the maintaining the shutout is proof of that. Backups playing in a game or two doesn't bother me because it happens at multiple positions every year. Its having to replace a guy long term that bothers me. Those guys are backups for a reason.

Your backups beat the Rams?

who cares , the lambs are the worst team in the nfl, they don't even got their starting Dline lol, no WRs to speak of with bruce and holt gone and avery out for the season, they pretty much beat an expansion team which any nfl team can beat.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
This game for some reason is making more nervous than last weeks game did. I'm resting my confidence on the Fysicality of the niners overpowering Seattle's veteran program.
Originally posted by DJD:
This game for some reason is making more nervous than last weeks game did. I'm resting my confidence on the Fysicality of the niners overpowering Seattle's veteran program.

haha they got a new headcoach, and they were playing at home against the worst team in the nfl. Im not worried at all, cardinals are two time the team seattle is, and were at home. 28-17 niners
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Hill went out early last week. I am not sure when it happened but I noticed herring on the field in the first quarter. Then hawthorne was in the game in the third quarter for lofa. Mora said that he did not notice a dropoff in play from that position when the backups came in and I think the maintaining the shutout is proof of that. Backups playing in a game or two doesn't bother me because it happens at multiple positions every year. Its having to replace a guy long term that bothers me. Those guys are backups for a reason.

Your backups beat the Rams?

who cares , the lambs are the worst team in the nfl, they don't even got their starting Dline lol, no WRs to speak of with bruce and holt gone and avery out for the season, they pretty much beat an expansion team which any nfl team can beat.

Valid points. It is a ying-yang thing no doubt. On the one hand it could be considered a good thing to not miss a beat with backups, on the other, it also says something about the opponent as well.

My gut feeling: The Hawks are going miss Hill a lot more this upcoming game than they did the last. I think that's a fair statement.
  • Veteran
All Hill does is win!

Will Herring will be his replacement. What's the scoop with this guy in your honest opinion?

Rams missed a FG early on. Also why was the blocked FG by the Rams not a TD? Highlights did not explain
seahags talking crap already http://forums.seattletimes.nwsource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=152453&start=10

saying their defense more physical than ours. Easy to talk big when you beat up on an expansion team like the rams have right now.

The one guy is afraid of Patrick Willis
quote]

Thats true. The rams are not very good. But neither are the lions, KC, denver, cinci, or oakland. At least from an offensive perspective and those teams scored 27, 24, 12, 7, and 20 points respectively. So a shutout is hard to do no matter which team it is.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
quote]

Thats true. The rams are not very good. But neither are the lions, KC, denver, cinci, or oakland. At least from an offensive perspective and those teams scored 27, 24, 12, 7, and 20 points respectively. So a shutout is hard to do no matter which team it is.

That can be spun around too: The Lions, KC, Denver, Cinci and Oakland are a hell of a lot better teams than the Rams.

The ying o' the yang. Can't escape it.
[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM ]
it'll be a good game. If we were able to shut down the cards, we should gave success against the hawks. I sure as hell know we're not gonna put up 30+ points, so it'll be a good, low scoring game.

quote]

Will Herring will be his replacement. What's the scoop with this guy in your honest opinion?

Rams missed a FG early on. Also why was the blocked FG by the Rams not a TD? Highlights did not explain
I really don't know enough about him. He has been on the team, but for the most part was a special teams guy. He played very well in the preseason though. people joked about last preseason being his coming of age party. Plus he was solid last week. But I couldn't tell you what his strengths or weaknesses as a LB would be. I don't have a clue at this point.

The thing with the FG was that they had 12 men on the field during the play. The officials up in the booth were the only ones who caught it and they called for a review of the play. It was a huge 14 point turnaround for us right before halftime. Plus we got the ball right back after the half.
This is an article about herring.

Will Herring
  • rum53
  • Veteran
I can't wait to see VD matched up against Curry. VD is our secret weapon when dealing with strong OLB's. There's nobody in the league that can better dominate a OLB than VD. He will properly welcome Curry into the league.
Originally posted by DJD:

haha they got a new headcoach, and they were playing at home against the worst team in the nfl. Im not worried at all, cardinals are two time the team seattle is, and were at home. 28-17 niners

Primetime, after we beat you, I'm going to come back and make a post asking you to take back your statement about Arizona being twice the team we are.

In other news - hello, SF fans! Another Seahawks fan here reading 49er forums to see what's what from your perspective. I'm not guaranteeing a win - nobody can do that in this league, that's why there are always some major upsets every year, to prove that point - but I'm guaranteeing that it's NOT going to be some big blowout if you DO win. Our defense looks vastly improved overall, our biggest weakness there being our corners; Trufant out and all, but Ken Lucas has looked good enough to not cause much concern thus far on his side, at least.

As for our offense: yes, Hasselbeck threw two interceptions, but as previously stated, one was bounced off the hands of a WR and caught by a Lambs defender. The other pick was all on Hasselbeck, though; he simply threw too late, and should not have made the throw. Realistically, the game score should have been 28-3 since Josh Brown, our previous kicker, missed a field goal from ~30-some yards out. I honestly think that was due completely to our 12th man; we booed him so loudly I'm surprised the ground didn't crack open. The Lambs also had four false starts on the day, so that never hurts ;)

The 49ers look improved this year, but as many of you have stated, I'm definitely not sold on your offense thus far. Arizona was sloppy across the board in most respects. Congrats on the win, but like ours, it wasn't definitive. (although you still have to admit, a shutout is some well-played defense no matter WHO you're playing against)

I'm disappointed that we won't have Leroy Hill until the season is half over, but you have to expect injuries in football, that's all there is to it. Luckily for your defense, Walter Jones will most likely not be playing this week. You guys have the opportunity to go 2-0.

That said, I am more confident now than I was by a long shot before our season opener; I'm not talking about the shutout aspect of our game, but just the overall management and performance of it. I liked our playcalling and scheming on both sides of the ball very much.

24-16 Seahawks; may the best team win, and nice to meet you all
wow, Seahawk fans are alright in my book. Hell, you can come over to my house and f**k my sister.
Share 49ersWebzone