There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith on NFLN Wednesday

Originally posted by niners4life:
Here's a link to the interview:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/09000d5d811d8eff/Alex-Smith-interview

MaMa NOOOOOOO!!! it is blocked. Damn you IT department damn you to HELL!!!
Originally posted by thuglife619:
smith says he is happy to have a chance to quarterback the 49ers in 09. He says he did not expect to be in this position 5 years after he was drafted. Says he is good friends with hill.

If you are a true 9ers fan, here is the good news.....

even after Alex Smith sat out approx 1.5 seasons of active football due to injuries, now that he is once again healthy, Alex has ALREADY caught up to Q.B. Hill and is running neck and neck in the Q.B. competition, at least in training camp.

You have to be impressed, by a guy who sat out out 1.5 seasons of active football but ALREADY now is showing enough to clearly challenge Q.B. Hill who has been playing all along, right?

Alex has stepped up to the plate and caught up to Hill in training camp, there is a REAL Q.B. competition going on because Alex is making it happen.

Now the tell tale sign will be in the pre-season games....stay tuned!
That was a good interview. Nothing new really but he's really grown up. I dont know how anyone can hate on him. I dont think I've ever heard a #1 overall admit, "...those are just excuses...bottom line I didnt get it done...and Im going to get it done."

Level headed guy.
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Just saw on NFLN that Alex Smith will be interviewed Wednesday.

They also said about Alex; "Who appears to have won that QB job".

Interesting...
nfl network appears to be the new fox news

Damn i miss Adam Schefter, Jason La Canfora sucks!!!!


what happened to Adam???
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Just saw on NFLN that Alex Smith will be interviewed Wednesday.

They also said about Alex; "Who appears to have won that QB job".

Interesting...
nfl network appears to be the new fox news

Damn i miss Adam Schefter, Jason La Canfora sucks!!!!


what happened to Adam???

Joining ESPN.
I believe Adam S. went to ESPN....yeah i don't like the new guy either...
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
That was a good interview. Nothing new really but he's really grown up. I dont know how anyone can hate on him. I dont think I've ever heard a #1 overall admit, "...those are just excuses...bottom line I didnt get it done...and Im going to get it done."

Level headed guy.

Yeah man for sure, I dont care who starts at QB as long as they win. But Im rooting for Smith and I have even more respect for him as a man after watching the interview.
I agree, though not a knock on Hill I just find it impossible not to root for Alex Smith. He gave back money he didn't have to and stayed with a team that has been screwing him around in a city that boos him in training camp! He is either going to be a huge dissappointment again or be the story of the year, obviously I'm hoping for #2!
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I agree, though not a knock on Hill I just find it impossible not to root for Alex Smith. He gave back money he didn't have to and stayed with a team that has been screwing him around in a city that boos him in training camp! He is either going to be a huge dissappointment again or be the story of the year, obviously I'm hoping for #2!

He didn't give back money. he just restructured his contract. Not like he returned all the money he made the last 4 years. 1 and a half for which he didn't even play...
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
smith says he is happy to have a chance to quarterback the 49ers in 09. He says he did not expect to be in this position 5 years after he was drafted. Says he is good friends with hill.

If you are a true 9ers fan, here is the good news.....

even after Alex Smith sat out approx 1.5 seasons of active football due to injuries, now that he is once again healthy, Alex has ALREADY caught up to Q.B. Hill and is running neck and neck in the Q.B. competition, at least in training camp.

You have to be impressed, by a guy who sat out out 1.5 seasons of active football but ALREADY now is showing enough to clearly challenge Q.B. Hill who has been playing all along, right?

Alex has stepped up to the plate and caught up to Hill in training camp, there is a REAL Q.B. competition going on because Alex is making it happen.

Now the tell tale sign will be in the pre-season games....stay tuned!

To the underlined.

You know what, that's saying something. For the sake of this team's future, I'm rooting for Smith to succeed here. Him getting it done would mean so much to this team -- like, I don't think people realize the magnitude of that.

Smith succeeds -- and we truly have something strong to build on. We can then focus on developing Nate Davis as a back-up with Hill being a perfectly capable back-up in the meantime as well. Smith succeeding means we can continue to build our line AND focus on creating a monster defense.

Do people not see how much hinges on Smith's success. If we know we have a guy that can only get better, that will mean so much to our offense as it grows..

It's hard not to be irked by those who say, "I'd like him to succeed, but he WON'T. I KNOW it." -- No, no you don't. Wait and see. That's what I'm doing.

I think he's capable.
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Just saw on NFLN that Alex Smith will be interviewed Wednesday.

They also said about Alex; "Who appears to have won that QB job".

Interesting...
nfl network appears to be the new fox news

Damn i miss Adam Schefter, Jason La Canfora sucks!!!!


what happened to Adam???

Joining ESPN.

Him and Hill are easy guys to root for.

Whoever wins the QB job will have my full support.
best part was later when they all asked who gonna be the starter. none of them said Alex!!
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
best part was later when they all asked who gonna be the starter. none of them said Alex!!

the only person whose opinion on the question of who starts that matters is singletary
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I agree, though not a knock on Hill I just find it impossible not to root for Alex Smith. He gave back money he didn't have to and stayed with a team that has been screwing him around in a city that boos him in training camp! He is either going to be a huge dissappointment again or be the story of the year, obviously I'm hoping for #2!

He didn't give back money. he just restructured his contract. Not like he returned all the money he made the last 4 years. 1 and a half for which he didn't even play...

Please. He could have easily walked away from the 49ers and kept the guaranteed money in the last two years from his contract. How is that not giving money back?

And who the hell is going to give money back when they're injured? Do you hold Manny Lawson to the same regard? LOL

-9fA