LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 397 users in the forums

The Greatest 8 Minutes of All-Time !

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:

I dont think Candlestick has ever been as loud as it was during that game !

Here's looking forward to another GREAT Niner season.

Damn Z,you're on a roll today my friend!
loved when madden was breaking down the qb draw by young

He was waiting for the linebackers to motion over, and they did, ime, ime, imean BOOM, right up the middle

• Chico
  • Veteran
Great memories...this game was more important to me than the SB because i knew if we got "the monkey off our backs!" we would easily destroy the AFC chumps!
  • Mex49
Sorry, if joe Montana isn't in the video, it ain't the greatest anything when speaking of Niner history
Every time I see those kind of highlights I have mixed emotions... sad in some ways because I miss those days. Eddie D, why did you have to get caught up...

Steve Young was a f'n monster!
Man, now those are two GREAT teams with GREAT talent.

The speed at they were playing makes our last 10 seasons of talent look like turtles.
Originally posted by father49er:
I remember Aikman gave a post game comment that went something like: Had we not spotted them 3 touchdowns we would have won.

That's a correct statement. The Cowboys were one or two scores away from getting back into this game. I remember this game clearly. It was not a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I remember Aikman gave a post game comment that went something like: Had we not spotted them 3 touchdowns we would have won.

That's a correct statement.

Then we can "if, if if" every game we've ever lost, ever.

"Excuses are like..... yada, yada, yada."
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

I just remember being very uptight during that game -- especially when Aikman starting torching our secondary later.

Didn't they score a quick seven, only to have Young and Rice hook up for another quick six to make it 28-7? I seem to remember that.

I was on pins and needles during the entire second half.

• BobS
  • Veteran

Also the 49ers would have played differently if they did not have a 21-0 lead, you cannot subtract 21 points and say the Cowboys would have won 28-17 if there weren't the 3 first quarter turnovers.

"They mean NADA."
If its the greatest 8 minutes, why is it almost 10 mins long. lol.

Good memories of the most recent 8mins.

I just remember being very uptight during that game -- especially when Aikman starting torching our secondary later.

Didn't they score a quick seven, only to have Young and Rice hook up for another quick six to make it 28-7? I seem to remember that.

I was on pins and needles during the entire second half.

The game was 24-14 right before the half and then Young threw the deep ball to Rice for a TD to make it 31-14 at the half. I remember that like it was yesterday. I was 7 years old during this game.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

awesome!!!
Share 49ersWebzone