LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

The Matts Appreciation Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thank you very much to both Matts!
I would like to say a big thankyou to both Matt's.

I found your blogs two years ago and it's a godsend. The first thing that I do in the morning is open up both your sites.

-9fA
We are amazingly lucky to have the Matts, and we also owe a huge debt of gratitude to their respective newspapers for keeping them on. This is what gets on my nerves about those blogs and bloggers who are cheering the death of newspapers. A trained, paid reporter who is assigned a beat can't even be matched by the constant pontifications of 50 bloggers. That Matt and Matt actively interact with the fans of the 9ers and fans of their work is really a true blessing as well. The team doesn't do that, the NFL doesn't do that, other Bay Area newspapers *ahem* don't do that, and it really is noted and very much appreciated.

[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Aug 9, 2009 at 16:18:08 ]
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Thank you to both Matt's much appreciated and a big thank you to whoever created the 49erswebzone!!! I would have never have discovered either of these great sports writters with out this site.
Maiocco and Barrows are special, for sure, and as many others have said we are very fortunate to have them covering the 49ers.

The rest of the Bay Area 49ers reporters are fairly decent as well: I particularly like Dan Brown's take on things...he seems to write from a slightly different angle sometimes. Cam Inman is good. John Crumpacker and Kevin Lynch do a reasonable job as well. And there are others who contribute to the pool of information we have available, too.

Mike Sando from ESPN does a great job covering the 49ers from a national perspective.

But to bring it full circle, the two Matts are the best! Keep up the good work, guys.

[ Edited by Yetiman on Aug 9, 2009 at 18:24:06 ]
Originally posted by Nabisko:
Thank you to both Matt's much appreciated and a big thank you to whoever created the 49erswebzone!!! I would have never have discovered either of these great sports writters with out this site.

We as fans of the 49ers and NFL football are very blessed to have such strong resorces of information and insite. Both Matts are professional, accurate, and very informative, thanks to their respective newspapers for supporting the work that they do. As the screen name implies, I crave info about/relating to the 49ers, both Matts provide that and the 49ERSWEBZONE is where I come to get my "fix"!
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Being as I live in Texas, these guys supply all my info about the team. Without them, I would only have the games and very little in between. So from Texas, a big THANK YOU!
Originally posted by billybonka:
Sando FTW

Much thanks to the Matts. Even when nothing 49ers related is going on, they somehow find something so I can get my 9ers fix.

• supersing
  • Info N/A
also in texas and I rely on the Matts big time...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree! In fact, I sift through all of the headline articles and only look for their take on current events. Great Job!
the only articles i click on the home page are from them
I'm suprised no one had thought of this before. Kudos Black, and it is good to have the 2 best beat writers in the nation.

Share 49ersWebzone