LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Mike Johnson OC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ERLOTTIE:
LET HIM CALL THE PLAYS! FIRE JIMMY RAYS AZZ OR MAKE HIM RESIGN! REACTIVATE NATE DAVIS AND LET THAT YOUNG MAN DO WHAT HE DOES BEST AND THATS WIN!!! CUT DAVID CARR, BENCH ALEXIS SMITH AND LETS KICK AZZ!!! *ALL HAIL THE 49ERS*

Relax dude. Nate Davis is not even the 3rd QB anymore.Troy Smith is. Johnson should do a better job at play calling but no need to panic after 1 game in a tough place to play.
I am not sure it would help much but can't be any worse than old man Jimmy.
Sure I'm in. Who's going to let Coach Sing know about it?
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
well its going to happen next year no matter what anyways, so why not start it this year. so much for continuity.....

I think so as well.
So i'm all for this, but its not because of the incredibly, incredibly embarrasing and disturbing communication problem. That's as much on Singletary and the organization as a whole, which really should be able to figure out a problem that i've never seen really be an issue for anyone else. But it was a problem last year. They had this whole time to figure it out. Its kind of outrageous.

However, my reason for wanting Raye out and Johnson is a) Raye is old and we might as well get the next OC search over with, while maintaining some continuity on this offense, which they've never had (last offseason isn't really much of an example, with three new starters on the O-line, two of them rookie and oh yeah the GM is gone, yet somehow people thiink it was continuity). More importantly (b) Raye's very predictable with his play-calling. And bad. Predictable and bad. It didn't cost us this game necessarily, but its cost us others.

Another reason for wanting Johnson, he has some failiarity with the spread, which still fits our personnel best--especially the perimeter group (Smith, Crabtree, Davis) all play their best in the spread. Besides, that's the trend in the NFL. Sing and Raye are looking really out-dated in their approach.
Let's have a copy of Madden 11 and hit the "Ask Madden Button". I think our play calling would improve.

Mike Johnson can press that button.
get Jimmy Raye a play chart based off of down and distance, the guy has experience he just needs to organize himself better to be prepared. Welcome to the 21st century.

chart=championship!
Why not, our OC is sleeping in the box.

Originally posted by 49ERLOTTIE:
LET HIM CALL THE PLAYS! FIRE JIMMY RAYS AZZ OR MAKE HIM RESIGN! REACTIVATE NATE DAVIS AND LET THAT YOUNG MAN DO WHAT HE DOES BEST AND THATS WIN!!! CUT DAVID CARR, BENCH ALEXIS SMITH AND LETS KICK AZZ!!! *ALL HAIL THE 49ERS*

Hi Nate, How's practice going?
After this season, Johnson needs to be promoted to OC and Raye needs to be promoted to retirement. Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson found an OC job elsewhere and we're stuck with Raye for another season.

• BenQ
  • Veteran
for all we know he was the problem with communication.
Doesn't Solari have some play-calling experience too?
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
After this season, Johnson needs to be promoted to OC and Raye needs to be promoted to retirement. Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson found an OC job elsewhere and we're stuck with Raye for another season.

well singletary is an idiot so im sure he'd let johnson go and keep raye
Time to move on.

It was fun while it lasted Jimmy.

Actually, it wasn't that fun.

i really think that raye was falling asleep in the booth
Share 49ersWebzone