Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

lol
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Great that Gore did that

but Vernon will never change his ways.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
"A few guys were mad, but like I told them you can’t get mad because there will be time you make the rest of us run. I told them they should be happy that I made them run because it’s extra work for us and a chance for us to get better. It keeps our lungs going. If anybody else makes us run, I’ve just got to suck it up. I can’t say nothing." - Vernon Davis' thoughts on the issue

My man Vernon!
Originally posted by krizay:
"A few guys were mad, but like I told them you can’t get mad because there will be time you make the rest of us run. I told them they should be happy that I made them run because it’s extra work for us and a chance for us to get better. It keeps our lungs going. If anybody else makes us run, I’ve just got to suck it up. I can’t say nothing." - Vernon Davis' thoughts on the issue

My man Vernon!

Vernon is a pretty funny guy.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 8, 2009 at 15:41:05 ]
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
He should have told him about this song.

Nice...I had to open that in a new window so I could listen while reading.

Those guys are getting old, but they still sound great.

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
He should have told him about this song.

Nice...I had to open that in a new window so I could listen while reading.

Those guys are getting old, but they still sound great.

Yeah man they still own and didnt even matter if a plane crash took a few out.
Here I was, giving Vernon credit for his hard work offseason, catching better and being more cognizant of the intellectual requirements of his position, not to mention an apparent new-found maturity and it only took him a few days to revert to the Vernon of old. What's particularly irritating is his inability to take full responsibilty, preferring to say others will do the same thing and he won't get on their case and they shouldn't get on his????!!!! I guess that means he'll probably perform those ridiculous celebrations whenever he makes an even marginally good play? Generate penalties that hurt the team at critical moments? Refuse to acknowledge the dropsies if and when they return? I sure hope the fight was a temporary relapse and he continues to move forward as a player and a man, but my original skepticism is inching back like his bad habits!
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A

I grew up playing sports and I hated guys like this. I think he will make an big impact this year with our new offense. He is a great athlete. He just needs to become a great professional athlete.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I think Gore and everyone else is overreacting, big deal, a scruffle.
You can tell how bad Gore wants to win and wants this team to win by his actions on and off the field. I just wish we had 52 more like him.

Originally posted by Chief:

Coach Sing, SMASH!!!
Originally posted by Chief:
I think it's more of an issue of Vernon being able to control himself so we don't get anymore un-sportsmen like penalties
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Here I was, giving Vernon credit for his hard work offseason, catching better and being more cognizant of the intellectual requirements of his position, not to mention an apparent new-found maturity and it only took him a few days to revert to the Vernon of old. What's particularly irritating is his inability to take full responsibilty, preferring to say others will do the same thing and he won't get on their case and they shouldn't get on his????!!!! I guess that means he'll probably perform those ridiculous celebrations whenever he makes an even marginally good play? Generate penalties that hurt the team at critical moments? Refuse to acknowledge the dropsies if and when they return? I sure hope the fight was a temporary relapse and he continues to move forward as a player and a man, but my original skepticism is inching back like his bad habits!

I wouldn't worry too much about the ridiculous celebrations. We certainly haven't had to put up with many so far. You have to actually make a marginally good play to have a ridiculous celebration.
I'm so over Davis. Regardless of his talent, or lack there of, he is a complete idiot and will never have a spot on a Championship team.

Ask yourself this question: What would Davis be like if he really was half as good as he thinks he is? Imagine if he put up Gates, Gonzalez or Witten type numbers. I think his ego literally would make his head explode.

For the first time as a fan I am ready for the Niners to move on. I honestly wouldn't care if the Niners traded him tomorrow. He has serious issues.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Hahaha, you guys call him whatever you want but it's all you guys worrying about a competitve scruffel between two teammates that are grown men. It was harmless and it happens.

Get over it ladies, seriously.
Share 49ersWebzone