LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 129 users in the forums

A. Franklin... how do you rate him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
$$$ Contract Year $$$

Hopefully it shows

I won't fully count Franklin out, but I do doubt that it being a contract year will make a difference. I don't fault Franklin's effort level... he just doesn't have the skills and talent that the job requires. I'll sure be hoping that Sopoaga or even Franklin/Balmer can do enough that it won't cripple our D as a whole.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
$$$ Contract Year $$$

Hopefully it shows

I won't fully count Franklin out, but I do doubt that it being a contract year will make a difference. I don't fault Franklin's effort level... he just doesn't have the skills and talent that the job requires. I'll sure be hoping that Sopoaga or even Franklin/Balmer can do enough that it won't cripple our D as a whole.

Like the rest of the team, he's apparently working harder in this TC than he ever has before. Its disappointing to see him sitting out a couple days with sore hammies.

Perhaps Singletary's emphasis on better conditioning will bring out the best of Franklin, during the season. According to TKO, and others, Franklin apparently has the knowledge required to play NT. I have always wondered about his strength and endurance, and his disposition. Its an important year for him. Hope he steps up.
3 so far, He seems to be gettin better tho....
Are we speaking in Madden terms?

I'll give him a 72.

But honestly. 3/5.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 9, 2009 at 11:49:07 ]
$$$ Contract Year $$$

Hopefully it shows

I don't think the guy has been dogging it at all but I gotta believe the prospect of playing for a new contract will make some difference. It's only natural.
$$$ Contract Year $$$

Hopefully it shows

I don't think the guy has been dogging it at all but I gotta believe the prospect of playing for a new contract will make some difference. It's only natural.

Contract or no contract, you still have to have the physical tools and mental make-up to be a good nose tackle
hes slightly better than average
I read somewhere that F/A Nose Tackle Kalif Mitchell (name spelled right?) is looking pretty good.

Anyone else read aboth this guy?
Maybe passing on Vince Wilkfork wasnt such a great move.
Share 49ersWebzone