There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. DALLAS COWBOYS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
One of the qbs needs to put together a touchdown drive. not one that ends in a field goal. we wont be able to run all day vs teams with good dlines like ny giants and dallas. got to keep the d honest and one of the qbs needs to grab this job. thats what im looking for. too bad crab wont get to make his homecoming appearance but oh well.

Wait, is it guaranteed that Crab won't sign by the end of this week?
Originally posted by niner4life21:
One of the qbs needs to put together a touchdown drive. not one that ends in a field goal. we wont be able to run all day vs teams with good dlines like ny giants and dallas. got to keep the d honest and one of the qbs needs to grab this job. thats what im looking for. too bad crab wont get to make his homecoming appearance but oh well.

Even if he did he wouldn't be playing...
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

Why not?
FYI, for those of us that dont live out west.....

NFL network will be televising the game against Dallas on Sunday 8/30 at 4pm.

linky
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

Why not?

This whole time he was sitting out he hasn't had the playbook. He doesn't know the verbage or anything. Unless they tell him to run a 9 route.
if by miracle Crabtree signed I'd see him getting time in the late minutes of the game...but he won't sign who are we kidding! On another note I would like to see more then anything else...the defense hold up against a strong offense like the Cowboys showed last week throwing all over a very good Titans secondary. This will be the biggest matchup but obviously the biggest story will again be the QB battle hopefully one of the two children can become a man and lead a touchdown scoring drive down the field and seperate themselves as a starter! Those would be my hopes and dreams lol

Amen!

This game is all about one of these QB's WINNING the starting position outright, NOT about seeing one of these guys LOSE the starting job, with the other guy winning by default. And WINNING the job, means steering the offense to TD's, not FG's. This is the #1 priority for this game. The pass rush is under wraps and will come with scheme. The OL can run block and the RB's can run. But who can LEAD an effective offense?
Originally posted by jimbagg:

Amen!

This game is all about one of these QB's WINNING the starting position outright, NOT about seeing one of these guys LOSE the starting job, with the other guy winning by default. And WINNING the job, means steering the offense to TD's, not FG's. This is the #1 priority for this game. The pass rush is under wraps and will come with scheme. The OL can run block and the RB's can run. But who can LEAD an effective offense?

Yes, so far the QB situation has looked grim. Someone is going to have to step up and make plays.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

this.....
I really hope we pass more this game. We already know what our running game can do and need to see what we can do in our passing game. It was hard to tell what either QB could do, because we ran the whole game.
Originally posted by dwy621:
I really hope we pass more this game. We already know what our running game can do and need to see what we can do in our passing game. It was hard to tell what either QB could do, because we ran the whole game.

I agree with you
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by King49er:
f**k the cowboys

and their score board
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by King49er:
f**k the cowboys

and their scoreboard.

^^^^
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by dwy621:

I agree with you

it would be nice to see. but i wouldn't mind them running it more. the last two games were against some of the crappiest run defenses from last season. at least dallas has an actual NFL front 7. i wanna see how our run game does against them.