There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. OAKLAND RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Back away from the bottle, my friends.

Davis is competing against a ton of guys who will not be employed by the Raiders in about three weeks, not against an All-Pro CB and a group of starters.

The Raiders pass defense was 9th in the NFL in pass defense in 2008, so comparing our first team QB playing against a very good Raiders' starting pass defense with Davis facing a group of third and fourth stringers is unrealistic.

King of trash time, king of trash time. That's all.

I don't care. He performed against who he was playing against as oppose to Alex's whopping 4.2 passing rating in a preseason game.

The competition he is playing against means everything. Davis is competing against a bunch of guys who are not going to be in the league soon. There is a big difference between Nate Clements and Word-Daniels, right?

Quit it with the condescension already, no one is seriously calling for him to start or calling him a pro bowler. It's just nice to see the kid flash some talent, and when we see that we feel like he can develop over the next couple of years into a pretty good QB. At least that's what we hope. Why don't you step down off your high horse for a little while and be a fan.


Word, it seems like you are just looking for the chance to tell people to not be excited over someone, like you feel better about yourself or something.

MadDog: you're wrong dude. theres nothing wrong with giving props to a player for doing well. you're thinking about this a little too much
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by zero:
for those that care, Rockies are killing the Giants now


Damn.
McKillop seems to always be around the ball.
im confused, im in michigan and cant watch the game. did McKillop force and recover the fumble or what? was there a penalty?
Nice play by Smith. He got there quickly.
Originally posted by BHulman:
McKillop seems to always be around the ball.

Agreed.....dude is on the ball....
Originally posted by zero:
for those that care, Rockies are killing the Giants now

a loss is a loss
Originally posted by BHulman:
McKillop seems to always be around the ball.

Yeah I noticed that too. Someone compared him to a younger derek smith, but I actually think he is a little bit more Jeff Ulbrich than Derek Smith. In a good way, not a bad one.
  • riprasher
  • Info N/A
Davis is also playing with a bunch of backup receivers and offensive line. He is looking good.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Back away from the bottle, my friends.

Davis is competing against a ton of guys who will not be employed by the Raiders in about three weeks, not against an All-Pro CB and a group of starters.

The Raiders pass defense was 9th in the NFL in pass defense in 2008, so comparing our first team QB playing against a very good Raiders' starting pass defense with Davis facing a group of third and fourth stringers is unrealistic.

King of trash time, king of trash time. That's all.

I don't care. He performed against who he was playing against as oppose to Alex's whopping 4.2 passing rating in a preseason game.

The competition he is playing against means everything. Davis is competing against a bunch of guys who are not going to be in the league soon. There is a big difference between Nate Clements and Word-Daniels, right?

Quit it with the condescension already, no one is seriously calling for him to start or calling him a pro bowler. It's just nice to see the kid flash some talent, and when we see that we feel like he can develop over the next couple of years into a pretty good QB. At least that's what we hope. Why don't you step down off your high horse for a little while and be a fan.


Word, it seems like you are just looking for the chance to tell people to not be excited over someone, like you feel better about yourself or something.

MadDog: you're wrong dude. theres nothing wrong with giving props to a player for doing well. you're thinking about this a little too much

WC...you do know this is NinerTalk haha
Originally posted by NTeply49:
im confused, im in michigan and cant watch the game. did McKillop force and recover the fumble or what? was there a penalty?

Recovered a fumble and got an interception.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 22,325
Originally posted by TEXAS49ER69:
Originally posted by BHulman:
McKillop seems to always be around the ball.

Agreed.....dude is on the ball....

Can't wait to see him paired w/ Willis
Is it me or the Stick is LOOOOOUUD.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by NTeply49:
im confused, im in michigan and cant watch the game. did McKillop force and recover the fumble or what? was there a penalty?

Recovered a fumble and got an interception.
did we get the ball or what cuz it seemed like they still had the ball
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by TEXAS49ER69:
Originally posted by BHulman:
McKillop seems to always be around the ball.

Agreed.....dude is on the ball....

Can't wait to see him paired w/ Willis

Yup....they both have really good instinct for the ball and covering and containment....