LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Should Cody Wallace's spot be in jeopardy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erred:
Yes, he was the worst draft pick of that class. The Niners could have had Anthony Collins, at that spot in the fourth round, I am still pissed thinking about it.

If the OT's work out, then slide Snyder to back up Guard and have Wragge be Center, which he has done in the past.

This was a nolan boy scout draft pick. Even Wallace was shocked he was drafted that high.

I thought Wallace was a stupid pick as well, but I still have nightmares about Snyder playing LG last year. I would probably keep him at backup RT or LT if Smith gets the starting nod.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I think Wallace is in a competition with Joe Toledo due to Tony Wragge being able to play center. Wragge would slide over to back-up center while Toledo would slide to back-up guard where he has been playing this training camp. That would give the team a lot of versatility with back-ups who can play C/G in Wragge or G/T in Toledo and Adam Snyder.

Wallace hasn't shown anything, and I don't believe anyone would take him off the practice squad. I'm not sure if Toledo is practice squad eligible. If he isn't, the team's only hope to keep him around is by keeping him on the 53 man roster.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
I think Wallace is in a competition with Joe Toledo due to Tony Wragge being able to play center. Wragge would slide over to back-up center while Toledo would slide to back-up guard where he has been playing this training camp. That would give the team a lot of versatility with back-ups who can play C/G in Wragge or G/T in Toledo and Adam Snyder.

Wallace hasn't shown anything, and I don't believe anyone would take him off the practice squad. I'm not sure if Toledo is practice squad eligible. If he isn't, the team's only hope to keep him around is by keeping him on the 53 man roster.

Toledo is PS eligible.
Share 49ersWebzone