LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 339 users in the forums

Should Cody Wallace's spot be in jeopardy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Why is anyone surprised?
He played for a horrible college team that gave up more sacks than they scored TDs, they were god- awful. I have no idea why he was drafted.

agreed I thought it was our worst pick of that draft

We drafted him for depth.... and there aint nothing wrong with depth.

and there isnt anything wrong with me wanting him to compete for his job
newsflash, it's training camp

WHO ISN'T?

Both true. But I doubt that Matt Spanos will beat him out of his spot. May even be one of the first cuts. Or he will last until the pre-season or on the PS.

[ Edited by NickV on Aug 7, 2009 at 08:20:02 ]
no, put him at wideout or db

hey, why not returning punts?

Why returning punts when we have Balmer returning kicks already?

No kentwan does that for us as well as rossum! See last yr lol
Originally posted by 5xChamp:

Why returning punts when we have Balmer returning kicks already?

Ha ha ya beat me to it! See post above lol
?????
well....if you have no competition,how can someone beat you
out??
I do believe he will be fighting for his spot. Joe Toledo is a interesting prospect at 6-5 and 330 lbs so Wallace is gonna have to earn his keep
Yes, he was the worst draft pick of that class. The Niners could have had Anthony Collins, at that spot in the fourth round, I am still pissed thinking about it.

If the OT's work out, then slide Snyder to back up Guard and have Wragge be Center, which he has done in the past.

This was a nolan boy scout draft pick. Even Wallace was shocked he was drafted that high.
I don't think he will be cut, but he could go on the practice squad
Originally posted by jta854:
I don't think he will be cut, but he could go on the practice squad

Agreed. I have Cody making only the PS.

Not this season.

The board knows how critical I have been about this pick from the draft last year, but Wallace is going to be one of the backup interior linemen this season.

The better question, in my opinion, is who would handle the center duties if Heitmann went down with an injury. I'm not so sure it would be Wallace, but Wragge instead.

Cody's future on this team may largely hinge on how the Niners approach David Baas' contract. If they extend him this season, then Cody may be fighting to make the roster next year. If the Niners let Baas walk, Wallace has increased value on the team.

Wallace played center for a few snaps when Heitmann was injured a couple of days ago, and also filled in for Rachal, when he went out due to migraines.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not this season.

The board knows how critical I have been about this pick from the draft last year, but Wallace is going to be one of the backup interior linemen this season.

The better question, in my opinion, is who would handle the center duties if Heitmann went down with an injury. I'm not so sure it would be Wallace, but Wragge instead.

Cody's future on this team may largely hinge on how the Niners approach David Baas' contract. If they extend him this season, then Cody may be fighting to make the roster next year. If the Niners let Baas walk, Wallace has increased value on the team.

Wallace played center for a few snaps when Heitmann was injured a couple of days ago, and also filled in for Rachal, when he went out due to migraines.

Is Wallace strong enough to play guard?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not this season.

Thanks for the info MadDog. Guess we will find out how he does in preseason and hopefully Baas comes back healthy
Originally posted by 9erred:
Yes, he was the worst draft pick of that class. The Niners could have had Anthony Collins, at that spot in the fourth round, I am still pissed thinking about it.

If the OT's work out, then slide Snyder to back up Guard and have Wragge be Center, which he has done in the past.

This was a nolan boy scout draft pick. Even Wallace was shocked he was drafted that high.
Originally posted by NickV:
Let him develop. He played sparingly last year. I think I remember him rotating in on some games right? If Bass keeps getting hurt he may take over his spot. He would have to beat out Wragge also.

I agree....Baas get hurt to much!!!
Share 49ersWebzone