LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Any VD haters starting to turn?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have been sick of this guy and his hands of stone for a while now. Non-stop talk about what a weapon he can be and then...nothing. On the few times he actually held on he made great plays, but it was so rare and not up to the hype at all so I just got sick of him.

However, hearing about how practice is going and the fact that he is running 15 yard routes rather than 40 yard out patterns and grabbing everything has got me psyched.

I think I am officially getting back on the VD bandwagon, cautiously, but still on it!

(PS, isn't Paris Hilton the driver of the VD Bandwagon?)
I'm a davis supporter but don't crown him yet until he proves it on sundays.
  • MeddlingKid
  • Info N/A
I wouldn't say there are Davis "haters" here, but rather fans who don't think he has yet lived up to his draft position (or his mouth). While I am happy to read that he's catching more passes in training camp, I (and I suspect others here on the forum) would like to see better on-the-field gameday production before the tide is turned.
I love Vernon, but we talkin' 'bout PRACTICE.

Not a game. Practice.

-Allen Iverson
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Not a game. Practice.

-Allen Iverson

That is exactly what I was thinking, we will see.
Originally posted by MeddlingKid:
I wouldn't say there are Davis "haters" here, but rather fans who don't think he has yet lived up to his draft position (or his mouth). While I am happy to read that he's catching more passes in training camp, I (and I suspect others here on the forum) would like to see better on-the-field gameday production before the tide is turned.

I think i might qualify as a Davis "hater". I obviously don't hate him, I just don't think there is much going on upstairs. I remember when we first drafted him and he said that he didn't think he had much to learn. I knew he was trouble then.

I don't know how he is in the locker room but if i had to guess i would say he's extremely cocky for no good reason, and i doubt he has any respect with his teammates.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I heard krizay was starting to turn...
Originally posted by MeddlingKid:

Pay more attention the the VD threads. There are people on this board who do indeed hate on Vernon, and will continue to, no matter how he performs......
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Not a game. Practice.

-Allen Iverson

A few decent catches during the first week of training camp doesn't mean much.

Hell, even the preseason games only tell you so much. Otherwise Clayton would be a HOFer.

Let's see what he does starting on the 14th and then once the real games begin.

Until then, he is still just a very good blocker with bad hands and a big mouth.

I don't like your term of "HATERS" first off. I am rooting for him to have a good year as I have every year ------ now I just want to see him do in games what he apparently is doing in practice. Then I will become a believer. My fingers are crossed until then. LOL
No. We wasted a 1st round pick on a game that years later has yet to realize his potential.

For all the Alex Smith haters out there where are they when it comes to VD?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:

I make one, what maybe 2-3 posts about Vern over the last 4 years. Yet Krizay automatically comes to mind when the Vern subject comes up. I just don't get it!

[ Edited by krizay on Aug 6, 2009 at 07:49:16 ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Esco:

I make one, what maybe 2-3 posts about Vern over the last 4 years. Yet Krizay automatically comes to mind when the Vern subject comes up. I just don't get it!

LMFAO
Bengals just lost their starting TE Kelly (out for the season). Let's trade him for Ocho Cinco since Crabtree's a bust already.
Share 49ersWebzone