Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
This guy gets paid for his doucheness?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/john_lopez/08/05/trends/1.html

Worst written article so far!
Dude didn't do his research.

Quote:
The 49ers briefly flirted with the idea of signing Michael Vick, which pretty much shows you the confidence they have in Alex Smith or Shaun Hill.
The P stands for Pend*jo!!!!!
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
The P stands for Pend*jo!!!!!

Originally posted by Joecool:

Quote:
The 49ers briefly flirted with the idea of signing Michael Vick, which pretty much shows you the confidence they have in Alex Smith or Shaun Hill.

Singletary said he wouldn't mind bringing in Vick so how is that not doing research? He could have worded it better. I didn't see anything wrong with what the dude wrote don't agree with everything but there wasn't anything outlandish. I seen more positives than negatives.
Originally posted by KNRO1670:
This guy gets paid for his doucheness?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/john_lopez/08/05/trends/1.html

Worst written article so far!

almost all the writers at SI are douches especially that ross tucker f**k i cant stand that guy
WOW, what a horrible article. I like how he says the Texans are playoff bound cause "Schaub is DUE" for a full healthy season!

Using that logic, we should be a lock for the postseason. M.Smith, A.Smith, D.Goldson, Gore, J.Hill, Morgan, and Spencer are all "due" for a full healthy season.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Quote:

Singletary said he wouldn't mind bringing in Vick so how is that not doing research? He could have worded it better. I didn't see anything wrong with what the dude wrote don't agree with everything but there wasn't anything outlandish. I seen more positives than negatives.

There is no link to what Singletary said and the fact that we actually flirted with bringing in Vick. If it's an article that allows for his opinion only, then maybe he shouldn't write it in the way that it seemed to be a fact.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Quote:

There is no link to what Singletary said and the fact that we actually flirted with bringing in Vick. If it's an article that allows for his opinion only, then maybe he shouldn't write it in the way that it seemed to be a fact.

Sing wasn't against possibly bringing in Vick, but Scot shot it down before it was really discussed. so the writer isn't really off base to me. Like I said he could have said possibly considered bringing in Vick, instead of flirting with like vick, as if the Niners were actually courting him. But that doesn't really bother me.
The only thing I really thought was off-base was projecting a mid-season crash.

Singletary's hard core style might be a problem if it was just a psychological ploy to motivate the team. It is not.

It's a mentality he is trying to instill. Everybody understands what he wants to accomplish and why they are doing the things they are doing. Most importantly, everybody is on board and working their butts off.

There is a reason Sports Illustrated is not the world wide leader in sports and a dying magazine company.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Singletary's hard core style might be a problem if it was just a psychological ploy to motivate the team. It is not.

It's a mentality he is trying to instill. Everybody understands what he wants to accomplish and why they are doing the things they are doing. Most importantly, everybody is on board and working their butts off.

Keep em coming. We need more articles like this.
I actually didn't think the article was too far off. As an earlier poster pointed out, I'm not expecting a mid-season crash, but I really wonder how Sing will play out in this day and age of prima donna, pampered athletes - I honestly think it's something of a coin toss right now. Nonetheless, I'm a lot more excited right now that I was last year at this time with NoWin.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

EXACTLY! Thank you!

That write BITES!
Share 49ersWebzone