LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Mex49:
I bet Parage leaked the story and is laughing his ass off in his office. Crabtree is probably freaking, phones were probably ringing off the hook all over the world. factories in China were probably wondering what to with the jerseys no one wants now; Nike people in New York are calling their people in Oregon who are calling ESPN who is calling Parker and everyone is calling the drunk cousin and back and forth.
This is spinning out of their control, and all the while the team is sailing along smoothly

SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a great post

hit it right on the head!!! Great post
how much a year is DHB making from Oakland???
Wow did Wells mess this up for Crabs. I'd be willing to bet Parker is calling the front office with renewed motivation to make a deal... before it hits the PTI and Around the Horn cycle where every journalist will go on a rant about him being a "Diva" and speculating on his draft stock next year, with a very talented 2010 class. I don't think it will be too positive.

What leverage will they have then?
I am fine with him holding out and re-entering the draft. If he signed today he would be at best #4 WR on our team. He is coming off a bad injury that has a good chance of reoccurring throughout his career. It would be much better for the team to save the money and try and get a nose tackle next year, something the team really needs.

This may be a blessing in disguise. If he wouldn't have held out we would have signed him for #10 money and we would have a super diva on our hands who's real passion is is fashion(yes I know it rhymes, it was not intended) and not football. I did not want us to draft him in the first place and thank god we found out how bad he really is before giving him all that money. How much faster would would the rebuilding process been if we would have found out about Alex Smith and Jonas Jennings before we signed them?

I know this seems bad guys, but I think in a few years when we look back we will all be happy if he doesn't sign and chooses to re-enter the draft. Before people call me an idiot, think about it first, do we really want to pay all this money to a player who is more of a diva than Owens, doesn't have close to Owens skill, and is coming off a major injury?

Though I don't think he is going to re-enter the draft and will sign an offer, but I think it would be better for us if he did.

[ Edited by philmo on Aug 6, 2009 at 13:10:01 ]
Mort mentioned something interesting, Kelly Stoufer was holding out when he was drafted by Ariz and was going to re-enter the draft but just before the season was over they traded him to Seattle.

We could really f*&^ Crabtree if he doesen't sign by the trading deadline we could trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick and really hurt his value.
if all of our 1st round picks would have held out for a redraft.....we probably would be on our 7th ring by now
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Thank you Wells!! You just ensured that the Niners have great leverage with negotiating. There's nothing like your client becoming Public Enemy #1 with the fans INSTANTLY and making it NATIONAL news. Crabtree has become the poster boy of why there needs to be a rookie salary cap.

This only concerns me because it's a validation of what Mangini said - it's not Crabtree, but the people around him that's the problem.

yep if your "camp" is saying one thing, and your agent refuting it and trying to keep cool. That makes things very interesting for a 21 year old Crabtree.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Thank you Wells!! You just ensured that the Niners have great leverage with negotiating. There's nothing like your client becoming Public Enemy #1 with the fans INSTANTLY and making it NATIONAL news. Crabtree has become the poster boy of why there needs to be a rookie salary cap.

This only concerns me because it's a validation of what Mangini said - it's not Crabtree, but the people around him that's the problem.

It is both Crabtree and his posse. We all knew he was a diva before drafting him and were hoping for the best. It is no coincidence that the biggest diva in the draft is the one that has been the biggest problem. Diva's relatives are a problem, they are just like him.. They are idiots who think they deserve the limelight, but don't think because his relatives are a problem means that he is innocent. Diva is the one who ultimately has the power and is the problem.
ok guys im officially concerned now, please confort me with your wisdom, lets think worse case scenerio he don't sign and goes into next draft, what do we do? do we try to trade for whatever we can for him? whats our tactic help me out guys i even bought his jersey lol.
So far Crabtree is making Mangini look like a genuis. He labeled Crabtree a "diva" and so far that is what he is making himself out to be. Honestly if he really loved football he wouldn't really care about getting #1 over all money when he was the #10 overall pick. IF he does sign he will do his best while he is here to try and raise his value to enter the FA market and leave SF for any team willing to pay him more money. If he does hold out and try and re-enter the draft does he really think he will get more money He is f**king himself and himself only. If I were the 49ers and he tried to hold out I would trade him last possible minute for some draft picks.

Originally posted by danimal:
if all of our 1st round picks would have held out for a redraft.....we probably would be on our 7th ring by now

You know, it's ironic, but we would probably be better saving all of that money and moving on finding their replacements. The only real exceptions are Willis, Staley, and Lawson(though I am a fan of VD and think he will be good next year).
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
ok guys im officially concerned now, please confort me with your wisdom, lets think worse case scenerio he don't sign and goes into next draft, what do we do? do we try to trade for whatever we can for him? whats our tactic help me out guys i even bought his jersey lol.

The worst case scenario is not him holding out it is if we sign him for top 5 money. We are dodging a huge bullet here if he re-enters the draft. People think, because we drafted him we need to sign him or we will be worse. This is not true, we draft Alex Smith and paid him a ton of money, because of it, our franchise was set back some years. I see a similar situation with Diva. I think if we can get him for #10 money then we take the risk and sign him(though it is still a huge risk), but signing him for more would set us back almost as bad as the Smith signing. Just think how much better we would have been if we would have let Smith re-enter the draft. Sure we would have lost the #1 pick, but we would have saved so much money to sign other players and we would have moved on and tried to develop another QB.
Crabtree made Texas Tech officials run to a restaurant and get him differen't food when he did not like what was at the Texas Tech cafetria.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Crabtree made Texas Tech officials run to a restaurant and get him differen't food when he did not like what was at the Texas Tech cafetria.

link??
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Mort mentioned something interesting, Kelly Stoufer was holding out when he was drafted by Ariz and was going to re-enter the draft but just before the season was over they traded him to Seattle.

We could really f*&^ Crabtree if he doesen't sign by the trading deadline we could trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick and really hurt his value.

We can really do that to him?
Share 49ersWebzone