LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Since the holdout thread got locked, here is his new logo:

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Since the holdout thread got locked, here is his new logo:

someone change this to If I get paid good, I play good.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
"We are prepared to do it," Wells said. "Michael just wants fair-market value. They took him with the 10th pick and you have Darrius Heyward-Bey [the seventh overall pick by the Oakland Raiders] getting $38 million? This week is crucial. Michael was one of the best players in the draft and he just wants to be paid like one of the best players. This week is very crucial."

However, Crabtree's agent told ESPN.com that no such threat has been made on his part.

Addressing the report, agent Eugene Parker told ESPN.com on Thursday afternoon: "You've known me a long time and I'm not a guy who makes threats. Nor am I a guy who negotiates in the public. I don't know where this came from but no such threat has been made."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4381335

To me the urgency of the cousin saying "this week is crucial" says that Crabtree doesn't want to hold out more than a week. Even Matt Maiocco said something simular about Crabtree should want to be on the practice field @ the Raiders camp.

Parker had to refute the comments because that is just the way he does business. But at this point I think as far as Crabtree the person I would believe his cousin about wanting to get somethign done this week (and don't believe his cousin about sitting out the season because that doesn't make any sense

Michael Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker, has not verbally threatened 49ers with a holdout for the entire season, a well-placed source said.

But . . . there's no point of a "holdout" if the player's camp said they're not committed to making it last a long, long time.

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco

Exactly what i said
Crabtree is acting like a greedy punk. scott should cut off negotiations period and call their bluff and tell crabtrees family to go f**k themselves.
"We are prepared to do it," Wells said. "Michael just wants fair-market value. They took him with the 10th pick and you have Darrius Heyward-Bey [the seventh overall pick by the Oakland Raiders] getting $38 million? This week is crucial. Michael was one of the best players in the draft and he just wants to be paid like one of the best players. This week is very crucial."

However, Crabtree's agent told ESPN.com that no such threat has been made on his part.

Addressing the report, agent Eugene Parker told ESPN.com on Thursday afternoon: "You've known me a long time and I'm not a guy who makes threats. Nor am I a guy who negotiates in the public. I don't know where this came from but no such threat has been made."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4381335

To me the urgency of the cousin saying "this week is crucial" says that Crabtree doesn't want to hold out more than a week. Even Matt Maiocco said something simular about Crabtree should want to be on the practice field @ the Raiders camp.

Parker had to refute the comments because that is just the way he does business. But at this point I think as far as Crabtree the person I would believe his cousin about wanting to get somethign done this week (and don't believe his cousin about sitting out the season because that doesn't make any sense

Michael Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker, has not verbally threatened 49ers with a holdout for the entire season, a well-placed source said.

But . . . there's no point of a "holdout" if the player's camp said they're not committed to making it last a long, long time.

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco

Exactly what i said

This is the smartest thing I heard so far regarding this bs from Crabtree's holdout
The fact that his agent has not said this makes it hard to believe. But you never know......If this is true, I am going to be really disapointed. Passing Brian Orakpo continues to haunt me in my dreams......
I'm beginning to think some teams may have passed on Crabtree because of his association with his agent Eugene Parker. Maybe that's why he dropped so much...
Well this makes Crabtree a big target to his fellow teammates, other players on the league, and the media. With all the attention he is getting and acting a diva other players will go after him. The media will be all over this guy especially his productivity on the field. This put much more pressure on him 10 fold. I can smell a bust coming sorry fellow niner fans I really hate to say it and hope to be proven wrong in the near future but if this guy wants to be great he should be worry more on practicing and getting on the field instead of creating of all of this commotion.

[ Edited by nothing03 on Aug 6, 2009 at 12:43:00 ]
blufffffffffff

• Mex49
I bet Parage leaked the story and is laughing his ass off in his office. Crabtree is probably freaking, phones were probably ringing off the hook all over the world. factories in China were probably wondering what to with the jerseys no one wants now; Nike people in New York are calling their people in Oregon who are calling ESPN who is calling Parker and everyone is calling the drunk cousin and back and forth.
This is spinning out of their control, and all the while the team is sailing along smoothly

SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Mex49:
I bet Parage leaked the story and is laughing his ass off in his office. Crabtree is probably freaking, phones were probably ringing off the hook all over the world. factories in China were probably wondering what to with the jerseys no one wants now; Nike people in New York are calling their people in Oregon who are calling ESPN who is calling Parker and everyone is calling the drunk cousin and back and forth.
This is spinning out of their control, and all the while the team is sailing along smoothly

That was a great post
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

That was a great post

BRILLIANT

That's my thought right there. While we all can give this story more attention I'm glad that the rest of the team is coming together at camp read to kick ass without Crabtree. GO NINERS
Share 49ersWebzone