When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

sooooooooo
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
the end of camp
I have been very low key on this. But am I the only one seeing this as a soap opera and not really having any effect on the current roster? We are in the position to add..not lose.

Bruce, Morgan, Hill. I'll take it.
Originally posted by danimal:
marshall faulk was on so something. I don't think Crabtree pulls this s**t off on just any franchise. He perceives our organization as weak and desperate, and he wants to exploit that.

The whole league and NCAA awaits, is this franchise still the retarded step son of Eddie D...or on its way back?

Well if he thinks we're desperate for receivers he's sorely mistaken. Weak? Not anymore. If I understand your post correctly and Faulk says we're weak, he can kiss my a$$ not to mention he's wrong. Crabtree will be exploiting not a damn thing if he's not careful. He should be worrying about exploiting NFL DB's not the team he's going to play for and get millions from. He should think about his future and by that I mean don't start off your career with the douchebag label.
It would suck to lose a first round draft pick but at this point I don't know if I even want Crabtree on my team. I hope they sticks to there guns and let Crabtree get a strong dose of reality. What a fool!
Look you can't put this all on Crabtree..You have to understand agents and the motives to have a player feel like they are being disrespected, low-balled, etc.
It appears as though Crab's Cuz might've just been a bit overzealous:

Quote:
"We are prepared to do it," Wells said. "Michael just wants fair-market value. They took him with the 10th pick and you have (No. 7 pick) Darrius Heyward-Bey getting $38 million? This week is crucial. Michael was one of the best players in the draft, and he just wants to be paid like one of the best players. This week is very crucial."

Eugene Parker, Crabtree's agent, then went into damage-control mode.

"I'm not a guy who makes threats," he told the Web site. "Nor am I a guy who negotiates in the public. I don't know where this came from, but no such threat has been made."
Crabtree's agent downplays threat

edit: I see the note about Parker's agent denying the report in the other locked thread, so lock this one too! WOOHOO!

[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Aug 6, 2009 at 22:35:45 ]
A buddy of mine, a Vikings fan called today and said we have to pay Crabtree all the money as we have nobody on this team with Superstar potential or status. I said, we have Gore, We have Willis and I would say they both have superstar potential. Anyhow, he said Crabtree was hands down the best receiver in the draft and he should be paid like he was the top WR. I have mixed feelings on this. I do agree his stats are better than the number 7 picks stats but these guys are getting bigger contracts then probowl players. It's just not right and maybe we should just let this thing go where it goes. Offer him a fair market contract that the number 10 is worth and leave it at that. Lower the offer every day it's not taken as it's less time for Crabtree to learn the offense and actually earn his money this season. If he decides to re-enter the draft he will drop lower as teams already know he wants HUGE dollars and he will have been out of football for a year. See what a 3rd rounder contract will do for him rather than the big money he will get at #10. Even more, will he keep the big contracts he signed with Nike? and all the other contracts if he just sits this season. He has more to lose than the Niners do.....
I could care less. If his cousin is speaking out of line, Crab needs to shut him up. If he's speaking what Crab is thinking, I hope his foot falls off and he gets drafted by the rams or the Raiders next year.
Originally posted by brhokla:
A buddy of mine, a Vikings fan called today and said we have to pay Crabtree all the money as we have nobody on this team with Superstar potential or status. I said, we have Gore, We have Willis and I would say they both have superstar potential. Anyhow, he said Crabtree was hands down the best receiver in the draft and he should be paid like he was the top WR. I have mixed feelings on this. I do agree his stats are better than the number 7 picks stats but these guys are getting bigger contracts then probowl players. It's just not right and maybe we should just let this thing go where it goes. Offer him a fair market contract that the number 10 is worth and leave it at that. Lower the offer every day it's not taken as it's less time for Crabtree to learn the offense and actually earn his money this season. If he decides to re-enter the draft he will drop lower as teams already know he wants HUGE dollars and he will have been out of football for a year. See what a 3rd rounder contract will do for him rather than the big money he will get at #10. Even more, will he keep the big contracts he signed with Nike? and all the other contracts if he just sits this season. He has more to lose than the Niners do.....

Tell your buddy he should worry about his own damn team and how many picks Rosenfels will throw next year. And don't forget to mention how Willis is going to make AP forget his own name like last time.

good now lets get him signed
Regardless of what his agent says, these statements don't just come out of nowhere. I seriously doubt the cousin just reached into a hat or magically pulled this idea out of thin air. Obviously someone was talking about it somewhere.

Oh well, I hope he has fun sitting out the year...doing nothing. I mean, it worked out so well for Mike Williams and Maurice Clarrett, right? And hope he has fun trying to convince his new team that he should be getting "top 5 money"...after being drafted halfway into the 2nd round...
we need more crabtree threads
This guy is just covering this entire thing up. First, if all players got paid on the MOCK drafts then players that drop or fall in the draft would all be top ten money. Hell, what about the guy thats a sure thing 1st rounder then gets into trouble and drops to the 3rd or 4th? Does he get 1st rounder cash? They need a system that is in stone based on where you are drafted. If the player doesn't like where or what they get then let them go play in the CFL but ban there ARSE from the NFL... These guys make too much money as it is. That is Rookies that haven't played a down in the NFL...
Originally posted by billybonka:
we need more crabtree threads

He's got lots of threads.....

see?
Share 49ersWebzone