LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Has Raye ever produced a 1,000 yard WR?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Not 100% sure, but he did make Elvis Gerbac look good and I believe at the time the Chiefs offense made 3 recievers look "NFL Quality" and I don't remember them ever going on to do anything special afterwords. (was it Eddie Kennison, and a couple others?)
Still he made Elvis look good and got him overpaid by the Ravens ;)

Only to get hurt and have trent (ya know to love n hate em) dilfer take over and get a superbowl ring lol

Wow what ever happened to elvis, did his career end wit baltimore?

I don't think it had as much to do with what Elvis couldn't do in terms of talent but more of what Trent could do as a Leader on offense.

This could be true no doubt! But im sure it something to do with haveing shannon sharp and ben coats to throw to as well. Along with the power run game of jamal lewis, and wasn't priest holmes the back up at the time. they had a good 1 2 punch and their d was stingy no no stingy aint the word to use here. Freakishly greedy lol. After the superbowl run I believe shannon and coats both retired. Elvis was a good qb! Was he montana, young or garcia? No I would say not but he was decent. Dilfer was more the game manager which was all baltimore really needed!

And that was also the yr sharpe was calling out plaxico and calling em plaxi-glass lol f**kin gotta love it.

Whoa forgot how much s**t shannon talked ha ha
Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis, and Shannon Sharpe didn't hurt for weapons on a "just don't turn the ball over" offense either
Not 100% sure, but he did make Elvis Gerbac look good and I believe at the time the Chiefs offense made 3 recievers look "NFL Quality" and I don't remember them ever going on to do anything special afterwords. (was it Eddie Kennison, and a couple others?)

Only to get hurt and have trent (ya know to love n hate em) dilfer take over and get a superbowl ring lol

I don't think it had as much to do with what Elvis couldn't do in terms of talent but more of what Trent could do as a Leader on offense.

This could be true no doubt! But im sure it something to do with haveing shannon sharp and ben coats to throw to as well. Along with the power run game of jamal lewis, and wasn't priest holmes the back up at the time. they had a good 1 2 punch and their d was stingy no no stingy aint the word to use here. Freakishly greedy lol. After the superbowl run I believe shannon and coats both retired. Elvis was a good qb! Was he montana, young or garcia? No I would say not but he was decent. Dilfer was more the game manager which was all baltimore really needed!

And that was also the yr sharpe was calling out plaxico and calling em plaxi-glass lol f**kin gotta love it.

Yes but they weren't the same once Trent left.

Yes but they weren't the same once Trent left.

This is true!
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Not to be a colossal dick, but Grbac was signed AFTER the Raven won Super Bowl 35.
  • KarlMoats
  • Info N/A
Raye loves his TEs. Look at what did for Tony Gonzalez in KC. Problem is he hasn't really developed a star WR so Michael Crabtree will be an interesting experiment. Crabtree has already lost some points in my mind with the contract issue.

Raye looks like he can help Vernon Davis but Davis needs to remember his darn routes. He's so talented but he just can't seem to put it together.

Any early impressions of what Raye has done?
Originally posted by KarlMoats:
Raye loves his TEs. Look at what did for Tony Gonzalez in KC. Problem is he hasn't really developed a star WR so Michael Crabtree will be an interesting experiment. Crabtree has already lost some points in my mind with the contract issue.

Raye looks like he can help Vernon Davis but Davis needs to remember his darn routes. He's so talented but he just can't seem to put it together.

I'm not really buying into this, "Look what Raye did with Gonzalez..." deal. I mean, don't you guys think Gonzalez would do his thing in the NFL regardless?

I'm not really buying into this, "Look what Raye did with Gonzalez..." deal. I mean, don't you guys think Gonzalez would do his thing in the NFL regardless?

Most definately gonzales played and was good at basketball he was fast and very athletic and always had a knack for catching the ball. What I am personally looking at is the similarities to norvs offence and rayes, our talent and singletarys drive for success. Our team is buying into what is being done in camp. And sing being a hall of famer n all has the teams attention cause well he has seen it all. The ups and downs and what it takes and the sacrifice of what needs to be done to even remotely approach that next level.
Whoa that was deep lol
Got lost in the moment joe lol

Probably, unless he went to the Rams at the time

Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
I don't really know his history other than the low over all stats, so I hadn't heard this before. Does anyone know the stat history of WRs under Raye?

In 2000 when oc for the chiefs he had 2 1000 yard reciever! 1 a wr and 1 was tony gonzales! With elvis grbac at the helm! He had 547 attempts, 4100 yards! And 90 qb rating, and a pro bowl birth! Wit the lack of runningback he ran a committe of tony richardson and kimble anders who compiled a 4.5 average and over a 1000 yards as well! Post a link for ya in a bit!

He is a student of the zampese, like turner, and martz. Was a coach of some historically aweful teams. Such as the 85 and 86 bucs and the 90 patriots!

And he comes to our team with hopes of building something nice with the offensive talent which we have a acumulated the past couple seasons. With gore at the helm, morgan, jones, bruce the emergence of v davis we look to moving forward for once. And hopefully a top 10 defence we are hopefully looking at a winning season

Yeah I had only heard his name a couple of times w/ the chiefs, but i saw some of what he was able to accomplish and I wasnt as dissappointed in picking him up. He seems to have success w/ talent so i hope this is a good match for us

Originally posted by FL9er:
Not to be a colossal dick, but Grbac was signed AFTER the Raven won Super Bowl 35.

Yup I corrected myself! And colossal dick nah man! Your intuitive lol
Originally posted by Ricethefngoat:
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
I don't really know his history other than the low over all stats, so I hadn't heard this before. Does anyone know the stat history of WRs under Raye?

In 2000 when oc for the chiefs he had 2 1000 yard reciever! 1 a wr and 1 was tony gonzales! With elvis grbac at the helm! He had 547 attempts, 4100 yards! And 90 qb rating, and a pro bowl birth! Wit the lack of runningback he ran a committe of tony richardson and kimble anders who compiled a 4.5 average and over a 1000 yards as well! Post a link for ya in a bit!

He is a student of the zampese, like turner, and martz. Was a coach of some historically aweful teams. Such as the 85 and 86 bucs and the 90 patriots!

And he comes to our team with hopes of building something nice with the offensive talent which we have a acumulated the past couple seasons. With gore at the helm, morgan, jones, bruce the emergence of v davis we look to moving forward for once. And hopefully a top 10 defence we are hopefully looking at a winning season

Yeah I had only heard his name a couple of times w/ the chiefs, but i saw some of what he was able to accomplish and I wasnt as dissappointed in picking him up. He seems to have success w/ talent so i hope this is a good match for us

Forget where to find the link, I read an artical that showed where his strong points where for each individual team he had. He used it well and plays to their strengths nicely! Something we haven't had with the forcing players to do what they don't fit in a certain situation. I think we are set up nicely this yr. We now have the talent to open some eyes! And surprise some people!
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
If he could do that with "The Disgrace to the Human Race," just think what he can do with Smith/Hill.

Originally posted by WestCoastNut:
If he could do that with "The Disgrace to the Human Race," just think what he can do with Smith/Hill.

Oh how I miss Willie Brown . . . .
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by WestCoastNut:

Oh how I miss Willie Brown . . . .

If the Ayatolla were back in power as da Mayor, I'd bet we'd be talking about the final touches on Bill Walsh Field at Hunter's Point.
Share 49ersWebzone